dcsimg

BTP Review: Comparing Bosch 4.0 Ah To Bosch CORE18V 6.3 Ah Batteries

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Author

@Hangman some great points, same here, the only reason why I decided to upgrade from my ni-cad, was just for a few more tools to the cordless lineup, plus a few new features on the hammer drill and impacts, plus those new lights and so on, but prior to the lithium, my old Bosch cordless have been great.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well perception isn’t fact, Bosch is forward thinking and innovative. They may not be first to market but they do build everything to last. As has been discussed here they decided to make advances in battery technology. Just because other companies constantly pump out a new tool doesn’t promise longevity. All my Bosch tools & batteries are still good a decade or more later. Naturally I trust that will be the case for all my other tools they’ve made. Even if they don’t come out with a tool, it’s no shame in supporting a different brand. The Core batteries are the best I’ve use to date…my 18V tools are hungry for the added efficiency.

Very good observation. I guess I’m guilty in wanting everything right now. lol My old Bosch belt sander is still going strong (it is an old green model).

I am anticipating that there will be new tools introduced in the coming months to complement the Core battery platform. Just have to be patient.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Well perception isn’t fact, Bosch is forward thinking and innovative. They may not be first to market but they do build everything to last. As has been discussed here they decided to make advances in battery technology. Just because other companies constantly pump out a new tool doesn’t promise longevity. All my Bosch tools & batteries are still good a decade or more later. Naturally I trust that will be the case for all my other tools they’ve made. Even if they don’t come out with a tool, it’s no shame in supporting a different brand. The Core batteries are the best I’ve use to date…my 18V tools are hungry for the added efficiency.

Very good observation. I guess I’m guilty in wanting everything right now. lol My old Bosch belt sander is still going strong (it is an old green model).

I am anticipating that there will be new tools introduced in the coming months to complement the Core battery platform. Just have to be patient.

I think it is safe to say they do not put themselves in the “early adopter” market, but that those items they do release are regularly well made and a pleasure to use

Hangman
    Pro

@smallerstick Thanks! Keep on the pulse of these things are important. None of my Bosch tools have failed me, just a few older chargers…but 10 years later the batteries still perform. The corded tools too are all top so I’m avid about their products. Still as I may have said other manufactures make good tools and I do buy them too…impossible to think any one company can or should make them all.

@montreal_woodworks
    100% agree there isn’t a tool they have made I regret owning, in a few cases I have duplicates.

@Boschmanbrian
    never had any Bosch NICAD tools mine were Porter Cable and they ran great till the batteries died and were no longer made! DeWalt made an adapter for the new batteries so the can be used on older NICAD models…very smart to keep the oldtimers up to date!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.452 seconds