dcsimg

BTP Review: Comparing Bosch 4.0 Ah To Bosch CORE18V 6.3 Ah Batteries

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was really curious just for myself how the run time of the CORE18V compared to the 4.0. I was impressed how many more times it drove the lag bolt.

I was too, driving that lag into the 6X6 takes a lot of power and the fact that the CORE was able to drive 40 more lags per charge means the battery has way more power.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was really curious just for myself how the run time of the CORE18V compared to the 4.0. I was impressed how many more times it drove the lag bolt.

I was too, driving that lag into the 6X6 takes a lot of power and the fact that the CORE was able to drive 40 more lags per charge means the battery has way more power.

Same here. My focus so far has been on improved torque over run time, but the run time numbers look great too. I really think this battery gives Bosch an edge. Time will tell whether they can use it to pick up some market share

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Same here. My focus so far has been on improved torque over run time, but the run time numbers look great too. I really think this battery gives Bosch an edge. Time will tell whether they can use it to pick up some market share

I’m looking forward to the new tools that can take advantage of that extra power; grinders, routers, saws, tools that can benefit from the added run time.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Hangman
    Pro

Sped up the video…LoL!

It was just steady as she goes @bbernardesjr87 it was all just chugging along. Definitely was impressed, only used that Jigsaw a few times previously. For that application and with the Bora Edge Guide and Jigsaw attachment it did cut more than perfect!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m looking forward to the new tools that can take advantage of that extra power; grinders, routers, saws, tools that can benefit from the added run time.

Hopefully Bosch will release more new tools this Fall that will be optimized for the CORE. I wonder if the 18V blower that is coming is CORE optimized?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully Bosch will release more new tools this Fall that will be optimized for the CORE. I wonder if the 18V blower that is coming is CORE optimized?

The two I want to see (and already know will not be out this year at least) are the 18v router and a track saw. Although I would also buy a brushless 7-1/4 circular saw if it was to be released, but only if it has the grooves for the newer track saw rails

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The two I want to see (and already know will not be out this year at least) are the 18v router and a track saw.

I believe Bosch just started to work on the router. I doubt we will ever see the cordless track saw, very small market.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The two I want to see (and already know will not be out this year at least) are the 18v router and a track saw.

I believe Bosch just started to work on the router. I doubt we will ever see the cordless track saw, very small market.

Could be, but I doubt we will see either

Hangman
    Pro

A cordless router would be amazing, I can get the FSN track for my saws on eBay at least. As it goes if it’s only available from other companies I can deal. Picked up the Ridgid Trim ROuter for upcoming projects…damn it’s cool and who can make due with only a single router anyhow!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A cordless router would be amazing,

It would. Problem is by the time Bosch gets to market the other tool companies will have had one for 1-2 years. That is Bosch’s one problem they are seen as a follower rather than an innovator. High quality tools but little in the way of introducing a new tool first.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It would. Problem is by the time Bosch gets to market the other tool companies will have had one for 1-2 years. That is Bosch’s one problem they are seen as a follower rather than an innovator. High quality tools but little in the way of introducing a new tool first.

Very true, I’m hoping with the new core batteries,
    This will open up the innovative engineering for bringing out new cordless tools, to compete with others,

Very true, I’m hoping with the new core batteries,
    This will open up the innovative engineering for bringing out new cordless tools, to compete with others,

I hope so too, but they may just have the attitude that the new battery will let them keep their existing tools for another generation and still more or less keep up with the middle of the pack.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but they may just have the attitude that the new battery will let them keep their existing tools for another generation and still more or less keep up with the middle of the pack.

Interesting observation. Develop a battery that allows a brushed tool to have a bit more power and stay close to the performance of a brushless tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

but they may just have the attitude that the new battery will let them keep their existing tools for another generation and still more or less keep up with the middle of the pack.

Interesting observation. Develop a battery that allows a brushed tool to have a bit more power and stay close to the performance of a brushless tool.

Seems like a waste of advanced technology to me. Why spend the development money on an industry leading battery just to keep up. Match it with some advanced tools and gain some market share.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Seems like a waste of advanced technology to me. Why spend the development money on an industry leading battery just to keep up. Match it with some advanced tools and gain some market share.

I agree, unless it was a hail mary pass to survive. Im sure the reaxx lawsuits (not to mention the various diesel lawsuits) have been nipping at Bosch, and the tool group is one of the smallest and least profitable. Maybe this was a way to live to fight another day. I don’t think they have the pipeline to release much at once these days.

Hope Im wrong and there is a new generation around the corner. And I love that my existing tools are still great, and with the core, even better than the day I bought them

That’s exactly what I’m hoping,
    Really like my Bosch tools, since I’ve been buying them for more than 15 years
    Not looking to get into another platform, but who knows,

Actually I was wondering around the you tube last night, I saw that newer 18 volt circular saw, I noticed that the battery space, looks like it will definitely fit the core, it was that German guy, he has some great videos,

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Well my 4.0 battery quit working…not totally but seems to have a loose connection somewhere. I was using it on my Starlock OMT and it quit, if I wiggle it just right I can get it to go. I thought at first it was the tool, as the battery fits a little loose, but then I tried another battery and no problem at all. Tried the battery in my saw and it does the same, so obviously the battery. Anyway the end of the story is I ordered a new CORE battery, looking forward to trying it out!

Well my 4.0 battery quit working…not totally but seems to have a loose connection somewhere. I was using it on my Starlock OMT and it quit, if I wiggle it just right I can get it to go. I thought at first it was the tool, as the battery fits a little loose, but then I tried another battery and no problem at all. Tried the battery in my saw and it does the same, so obviously the battery. Anyway the end of the story is I ordered a new CORE battery, looking forward to trying it out!

Should contact support about the 4.0 though

Hangman
    Pro

Well perception isn’t fact, Bosch is forward thinking and innovative. They may not be first to market but they do build everything to last. As has been discussed here they decided to make advances in battery technology. Just because other companies constantly pump out a new tool doesn’t promise longevity. All my Bosch tools & batteries are still good a decade or more later. Naturally I trust that will be the case for all my other tools they’ve made. Even if they don’t come out with a tool, it’s no shame in supporting a different brand. The Core batteries are the best I’ve use to date…my 18V tools are hungry for the added efficiency.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyway the end of the story is I ordered a new CORE battery, looking forward to trying it out!

On the bright side it looks like soon you’ll be enjoying the benefits of the CORE battery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.263 seconds