dcsimg

BTP Review: Comparing Bosch 4.0 Ah To Bosch CORE18V 6.3 Ah Batteries

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am sure all the tool guys on youtube will be testing the CORE battery vs Bosch regular batteries and other tool company batteries to see if how they compare.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am sure all the tool guys on youtube will be testing the CORE battery vs Bosch regular batteries and other tool company batteries to see if how they compare.

Yup, and the more who do it, the more honest it will be. I often find those reviews pretty heavily skewed, and the comments often show people who see a serious flaw in the test. The more tests there are, by different people with different motivations, the more it moves from “what I think” to “what it is”

Hangman
    Pro

@theamcguy @montreal_woodworks

There is a great deal of Bosch bashing which astounds me, it so way out of my personal experience. Using the Bosch 6.0 and the Core respectively I can feel the difference and performance. Mind you it’s not a test result, it’s just knowing what I’ve previously gotten from the tools using the different batteries. As I’ve said the only thing Bosch that has failed me is a few burnt out chargers. As for batteries even the decade old 1.5Ah’s I have still take a full charge. The core is the best battery on every tool it’s been slapped on…all the doubters are just haters.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

I cut the tabs off myself and now it works perfect. I’ve also noticed a big difference in my hybrid with core battery​ especially under load. That drills roars through​ any project

I cut the tabs off myself and now it works perfect. I’ve also noticed a big difference in my hybrid with core battery​ especially under load. That drills roars through​ any project

Which is the hybrid? The impact with socket drive?

@theamcguy @montreal_woodworks

There is a great deal of Bosch bashing which astounds me, it so way out of my personal experience. Using the Bosch 6.0 and the Core respectively I can feel the difference and performance. Mind you it’s not a test result, it’s just knowing what I’ve previously gotten from the tools using the different batteries. As I’ve said the only thing Bosch that has failed me is a few burnt out chargers. As for batteries even the decade old 1.5Ah’s I have still take a full charge. The core is the best battery on every tool it’s been slapped on…all the doubters are just haters.

I couldn’t agree more with you.
    I have been using the older ni-cad Bosch battery packs, I’ve always had great usage out of the Bosch battery packs,
    I think Bosch has always made superior batteries.

Hangman
    Pro

Most definitely they do make superior batteries, I know your experience runs parallel to mine in many areas. As it goes I’ve use a Core on my IDH180 all month and it’s still not gone below 5 bars! Using the jigsaw on cement board I exhausted 2 bars working all day, that is to be expected. Still it’s so early to have a full view of what they can do, one thing for sure what I’ve experience already is astounding!

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Wow, great info there, thanks for the testing.

I really like to check and compare specs, however sometimes tools perform a lot different from what´s on paper.
    For example, it happened with an orange tool company when they released an impact driver with VERY impressive torque specs…but in the real world it did not perform as expected.

Did someone get some testing with the IDH182 using Core18v?
    Thanks!

Wow, great info there, thanks for the testing.

I really like to check and compare specs, however sometimes tools perform a lot different from what´s on paper.
    For example, it happened with an orange tool company when they released an impact driver with VERY impressive torque specs…but in the real world it did not perform as expected.

Did someone get some testing with the IDH182 using Core18v?
    Thanks!

I know Dan did a video showing that impact taking off lug nuts from his car. I also tried it, running some 12″ RSS screws into some hardwood. Noticeable improvement

Hangman
    Pro

Yes I have also used the IDH182 with the core battery and it performs amazingly well. As it stands I’ve not needed to recharge the Core Battery on it for a month and it’s still at 5 bars! It does 15/16 bolts on /off like nothing and was so powerful it can bend the steel set frames! Had to lower the setting but everyone on the jobsite was amazed how efficient the tool is, far less rattling and noise, gets the job done faster…about to head out with it to the jobsite today!

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Yes I have also used the IDH182 with the core battery and it performs amazingly well. As it stands I’ve not needed to recharge the Core Battery on it for a month and it’s still at 5 bars! It does 15/16 bolts on /off like nothing and was so powerful it can bend the steel set frames! Had to lover the setting but everyone on the jobsite was amazed how efficient the tool is, far less rattling and noise, gets the job done faster…about to head out with it to the jobsite today!

Hello Benjamin,

That’s nice to hear, I saw your post on instagram today at the museum. Very impressive runtime. Core18v is really a big gap.

Hangman
    Pro

Thanks for checking that out! Yeah I had the impact on the floor and decidedly snapped a quick pic! Wish I could spend more time setting up a photo in that environment, maybe next time I’m up there on a longer call.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

eah I had the impact on the floor and decidedly snapped a quick pic!

What size CORE battery is that? It looks huge.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Here is my full review of the CORE18V which also includes a couple head to head tests between it and the older Bosch 4.0 Ah battery. In my experiences with the batteries the CORE18V definitely has a big advantage in both run time and power output.

Dan

danpattison.com

Here is my full review of the CORE18V which also includes a couple head to head tests between it and the older Bosch 4.0 Ah battery. In my experiences with the batteries the CORE18V definitely has a big advantage in both run time and power output.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vmWvLy0SLE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Thanks for posting that Dan. My experiences are similar

Thanks for checking that out! Yeah I had the impact on the floor and decidedly snapped a quick pic! Wish I could spend more time setting up a photo in that environment, maybe next time I’m up there on a longer call.

Great picture, thanks for posting it

@woodman_412
    great job on the review.

Hangman
    Pro

As always @woodman_412 your reviews are consummate and insightful. As I’m sure you’re aware the runtimes on the BC1880 fast chargers are amazing! Think we are all having similar real world application experiences, these things are noticeable to those working with their tools daily.

@Boschmanbrian
    thanks…always looking for untypical photos in the field.

@theamcguy
    The cells are bigger in the core, it still has a great ergonomic and balanced feel. It’s really only slightly larger and heavier than the Bosch 6.0 battery and smaller than other manufactures using similar cells.

woodman_412

Thanks guys. Besides working on the review I was really curious just for myself how the run time of the CORE18V compared to the 4.0. I was impressed how many more times it drove the lag bolt. When you think about the energy required to drive the bolt each time that’s quite a bit of extra energy packed into that battery.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is my full review of the CORE18V

Great review Dan. Really enjoyed it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Hey Benjamin, you also have a video using the Core18v with your jigsaw, cutting cement board.
    Pretty interesting speed eh, looks like you speeded up the video lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.680 seconds