dcsimg

BTP REVIEW: Centipede Sawhorse (2′ X 4′ Model)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Thanks Doobie, always good to see a hands on review. Glad to hear you were able to return it hassle free

Doobie

Thanks Doobie, always good to see a hands on review. Glad to hear you were able to return it hassle free

I’m just glad I didn’t break it in testing it actually. That would have been a real bummer!

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING!

At $70 CDA for just one Centipede Sawhorse, it’s overpriced imo. Should be in the $40 to $50 range.

Well, it took a year and a half, but it looks like Lowes is starting to really drop the price on them and is likely getting rid of them.

I may just get one now if the price drops a bit further. The pics below were of units spotted at the south Oshawa Lowes this morning. Note, there are two different models, the smaller one I originally bought, tested, reviewed and ultimately returned, and there’s also the larger XL model which when it came out was originally selling for $170 CDA IIRC???

It is imo a useful gizmo for some tasks and as my original post/review in this thread showed, they can surprisingly handle a lot of weight.

I always felt they would be particularly useful for painting tasks somehow. That’s what I may may get them for, but I’m a little on the fence on that still.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING!

At $70 CDA for just one Centipede Sawhorse, it’s overpriced imo. Should be in the $40 to $50 range.

Well, it took a year and a half, but it looks like Lowes is starting to really drop the price on them and is likely getting rid of them.

I may just get one now if the price drops a bit further. The pics below were of units spotted at the south Oshawa Lowes this morning. Note, there are two different models, the smaller one I originally bought, tested, reviewed and ultimately returned, and there’s also the larger XL model which when it came out was originally selling for $170 CDA IIRC???

It is imo a useful gizmo for some tasks and as my original post/review in this thread showed, they can surprisingly handle a lot of weight.

I always felt they would be particularly useful for painting tasks somehow. That’s what I may may get them for, but I’m a little on the fence on that still.

I might swing by and check it out, I may pick it up to test it out.

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING!

I might swing by and check it out, I may pick it up to test it out.

I love tools as you all know, and since seeing that price drop yesterday and figuring there may be even further drop(s) to come, I’ve revisited whether I would still want either model. So far, I can’t say I would.

redwood
    Pro

Don’t buy it Kevin, you already have a negative review on it and stated how you don’t know how you could use it. It doesn’t matter what the cost.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Don’t buy it Kevin, you already have a negative review on it and stated how you don’t know how you could use it. It doesn’t matter what the cost.

I most likely will not. And if I did, it would only be if the price on either dropped another 50%.

The only thing I figure I’d use em for beyong painting tasks that even sawhorses could do is be used around the pool for putting food on for a party. Even that I’m uneasy about.

Doobie

OLD THREAD/UPDATE.

These are still available at Lowes in Canada, but the clearance price has not changed since they reduced them in early Jan which is kinda odd considering I’ve been monitoring the local stores inventory online and they don’t seem to be selling at all.

This semi-novelty item is still on the fence for me. What I’m lookin’ for is the 4X8 larger model to drop from it’s current $100 price down to maybe $50, I might get one. Something tells me that it wouldn’t be such a crappy thing to have on hand, for a purpose I really don’t know, but that’s how it is sometimes. You get a hunch about some tool or apparatus and eventually you’re glad you have it. Tough call frankly.

I might go in and try to persuade a manager to give me 2-for-1 deal. I often like to buy things in pairs of this nature anyways.

Where’s Mark @redwood to tell me to stop these evil thoughts again on getting these seemingly dumb-ass stands! Lol!

OLD THREAD/UPDATE.

These are still available at Lowes in Canada, but the clearance price has not changed since they reduced them in early Jan which is kinda odd considering I’ve been monitoring the local stores inventory online and they don’t seem to be selling at all.

This semi-novelty item is still on the fence for me. What I’m lookin’ for is the 4X8 larger model to drop from it’s current $100 price down to maybe $50, I might get one. Something tells me that it wouldn’t be such a crappy thing to have on hand, for a purpose I really don’t know, but that’s how it is sometimes. You get a hunch about some tool or apparatus and eventually you’re glad you have it. Tough call frankly.

I might go in and try to persuade a manager to give me 2-for-1 deal. I often like to buy things in pairs of this nature anyways.

Where’s Mark @redwood to tell me to stop these evil thoughts again on getting these seemingly dumb-ass stands! Lol!

Seeing these on IG, I’m always tempted by them, but have always been fine with a set of sawhorses. No Lowes in Québec though, so no convenient way to give in

Thanks for the review, I guess I won’t buy it.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.239 seconds