dcsimg

Review: Bosch IDH182 18V EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus.

Hopefully this will be incorporated the M model coming out soon.

There’s a new model/revision of the IDH182 coming out?

Tell us the secret you are hiding from us bill 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yeah I’m curious as to which Makita that the IDH182 beat as well.

This is often done in comparing tools , that one tool is compared to a lesser tool. If it was compared to the Makita Model XDT09 that tail would be different. I think Makita has over 20 impacts out there.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus.

are you talking about this one the Bosch IWMH182B,

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/tools/how-to/a20817/bosch-18v-cordless-impact-wrench/?hootPostID=f8fe5d27fbf2ebc0374683bd2b8b8cfc

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/tools/how-to/a20817/bosch-18v-cordless-impact-wrench/?hootPostID=f8fe5d27fbf2ebc0374683bd2b8b8cfc

Would have been nice if this one had the dual chuck.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Tell us the secret you are hiding from us bill 😛

If they came out with a 1/4″ hex version of the iwmh182 that would be awesome.

Would have been nice if this one had the dual chuck.

Definitely a good idea Ron, but regardless, this is definitely going to be a impact I will add to my collection.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Give them time they probably will at some point. When was the IWMH-182 released?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It was released like a month ago

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i got mine the other day and it truly does have some pep to it.. faster than the standard makita thats for sure smoother as well the anvil doesnt have to kick in as quick

primarily level 3 dan.. i was framing up a basement the other day with it and we didnt have a compressor on site so i used 3″ screws.. i have some locksets to replace for someone this week so ill play around with the lower settings a little more on it

soon i will be doing a speed comparison between it , the makita lxt i have and my m12 fuel impact, which ill post on instagram

What power setting have you been using yours on to drive screws Jeff?

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

see my problem with bosch’s releases are, they are secret. Other than the big reaxx saw, everything else seemed to fly under the radar.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

see my problem with bosch’s releases are, they are secret. Other than the big reaxx saw, everything else seemed to fly under the radar.

True, stuff gets released without big fanfare or email notices. Nice to see this is finally out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Or when they do have a release date it ends up getting put back a few months

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

that would be insane – can the screws or bits hold 2200 in-lbs of torque ?!
    the IDH182 already goes nuts with driving screws.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Never thought about that. I guess at some point even if the technology is there they shouldn’t make drills or impacts with more than a certain amount of torque. I guess that’s where the brushless motors are nice. With a push of a button you can turn down the power and do everything from tiny screws to huge lags.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

You could always set it to a lower torque setting when using 1/4″. And still have all the power for the 1/2″ drive.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

You could always set it to a lower torque setting when using 1/4″. And still have all the power for the 1/2″ drive.

yeah right Ron…thought about anything else but not about that important feature 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Right that is what the settings are for to dial in the correct torque needed for the fastener.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The IWMH182 lacks settings for power control and the triple LEDs. Seems like its a dedicated compact impact wrench and not a hybrid impact driver, unless Bosch were to release a IDH182 successor based on the IWMH182 platform with the motor and anvil assembly.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im with dirty on the comment about makita having roughly 20 impacts out there.. its sorta false advertising in a way by them since most of them are actually discontinued… their basically just saying if you still have this model the current batteries will work

as for tool comparisons… i cant stand it when brand fan boys do a comparison between brand a and brand b when one has a fat pack battery and another a thin pack knowing that the tool with the fatpack will win since it delievers more juice thus more torque… than the one with the slim pack

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

im with dirty on the comment about makita having roughly 20 impacts out there.. its sorta false advertising in a way by them since most of them are actually discontinued… their basically just saying if you still have this model the current batteries will work

as for tool comparisons… i cant stand it when brand fan boys do a comparison between brand a and brand b when one has a fat pack battery and another a thin pack knowing that the tool with the fatpack will win since it delievers more juice thus more torque… than the one with the slim pack

The newer XDT09 is a beast and only 4¾” long. I mailed to my wifey in japan to see if she could check on it for me…..Oh well never heard back ,,, maybe she drank too much sake???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.470 seconds