dcsimg

Review: Bosch IDH182 18V EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got my driver back from Tony Service again! Great, fast service. Only ended up getting it into the mailbox to them on Thursday, so to have it back in the mail on Monday is great

Nice fast service. Looks like they fixed it in one day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Guys had a good laugh today.The Makita 18v 4Ah impact was struggling to sink some fasteners because there was an old stone behind the masonry wall. I handed over the Bosch IDH182 brushless and it was having a hard time also. Then I said to turn the Bosch up a notch and we went from 1 light to 3 lights/Full power. The Bosch impact took right off and sunk the tapcon like nothing. The guys were laughing and conversing about the power. For the rest of the day the Supervisor on site would use it and just start laughing and telling me that “Bosch has power”!

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Guys had a good laugh today.The Makita 18v 4Ah impact was struggling to sink some fasteners because there was an old stone behind the masonry wall. I handed over the Bosch IDH182 brushless and it was having a hard time also. Then I said to turn the Bosch up a notch and we went from 1 light to 3 lights/Full power. The Bosch impact took right off and sunk the tapcon like nothing. The guys were laughing and conversing about the power. For the rest of the day the Supervisor on site would use it and just start laughing and telling me that “Bosch has power”!

That’s to funny Chris. I’m really getting excited to receive mine.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That is one incredible impact! Tons of power and then the ability to turn it down if needed…and the most comfortable grip out there.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

@utopia78 way to spread the power of Bosch Chris, I can’t say for sure about the comparison, but I do know it has great power.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The thing definitely has power but which makita was used? Not knocking Bosch but the couple latest brushless makitas will beat the Bosch every time

Yeah I’m curious as to which Makita that the IDH182 beat as well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice way to spread the Bosch word Chris. Yes the 182 is a great tool. Looking forward to the M model which is supposed to be even more powerful.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The thing definitely has power but which makita was used? Not knocking Bosch but the couple latest brushless makitas will beat the Bosch every time

Yeah I’m curious as to which Makita that the IDH182 beat as well.

No problem guys. I’ll get the model. It was an 18v 4Ah battery and it’s my bad for not even bothering to look and thinking of it as an afterthought. Have to step that up a little. It wasn’t a fair comparison because I’m pretty sure it was not brushless (we will find out) but even so the Bosch created some astonished vibes on the site.

Edit – I was told my Bosch impact was being used today while I was helping with the truck pour. Maybe he couldn’t find his Makita like he said, or maybe he just really wanted to use it again. : D

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Edit – I was told my Bosch impact was being used today while I was helping with the truck pour. Maybe he couldn’t find his Makita like he said, or maybe he just really wanted to use it again. : D

I think he just wanted to use it again. Nice that the Bosch tools are a hit on your job site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I played around with my new IDH182 a bit last night. I have to say it sure is a nice impact. And it may just have more power than my brushless Makita.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I played around with my new IDH182 a bit last night. I have to say it sure is a nice impact. And it may just have more power than my brushless Makita.

Oooo that’s nice to hear. Yeah it is a dream to use. Now you’ll just have to go and rotate some tires to try it out. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i got mine the other day and it truly does have some pep to it.. faster than the standard makita thats for sure smoother as well the anvil doesnt have to kick in as quick

soon i will be doing a speed comparison between it , the makita lxt i have and my m12 fuel impact, which ill post on instagram

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

i got mine the other day and it truly does have some pep to it.. faster than the standard makita thats for sure smoother as well the anvil doesnt have to kick in as quick

soon i will be doing a speed comparison between it , the makita lxt i have and my m12 fuel impact, which ill post on instagram

What power setting have you been using yours on to drive screws Jeff?

Dan

danpattison.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

definitely a great story chris – thanks for sharing that.
    I use the IDH182 mostly when driving long 3″ screws. its much faster and doesn’t struggle like the IDS181.
    everyone loves the slim handle on it – including me 😀
    the 3 torque/speed settings is a great bonus

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus. Otherwise the lights are okay when you’re using them coupled to the trigger. But the trigger could use that partial pull activation of the lights like the PS22 and PS32. That’s something that Bosch should improve on the successor(s) to the IDH182, the brushless 18V stuff doesn’t let you lock the trigger or do a partial pull to activate the lights, you have to pull it back far enough to drive the motor even a tiny bit to activate the lights.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus. Otherwise the lights are okay when you’re using them coupled to the trigger. But the trigger could use that partial pull activation of the lights like the PS22 and PS32. That’s something that Bosch should improve on the successor(s) to the IDH182, the brushless 18V stuff doesn’t let you lock the trigger or do a partial pull to activate the lights, you have to pull it back far enough to drive the motor even a tiny bit to activate the lights.

That isn’t a bad suggestion, I find that the trigger is kind of touchy at times when I just want to turn slow, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love my little impact.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus.

Hopefully this will be incorporated the M model coming out soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That isn’t a bad suggestion, I find that the trigger is kind of touchy at times when I just want to turn slow, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love my little impact.

I agree with both of you – but overall its a great impactor.
    Just could need some fine tuning

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The biggest flaw on the IDH182 for me is really the light button. The light only comes on for 20 seconds or so instead of like a minute plus.

Hopefully this will be incorporated the M model coming out soon.

There’s a new model/revision of the IDH182 coming out?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.620 seconds