dcsimg

Review: Bosch IDH182 18V EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author

I have been really liking the power of this tool. I used it a bunch the last few days driving 3″ wood screws. I went all day kn one battery. That wasn’t driving screws all day, but off and on. It is a very comfortable tool to use.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

I have been really liking the power of this tool. I used it a bunch the last few days driving 3″ wood screws. I went all day kn one battery. That wasn’t driving screws all day, but off and on. It is a very comfortable tool to use.

Which torque setting did you have it set to Andrew?

Dan

danpattison.com

Which torque setting did you have it set to Andrew?

For the 3″ I had it on max. The other day when I was driving face frame screws I had it on 1.

Andrew

woodman_412

What # were the screws you were driving? No issues with snapping the heads off at full power?

Dan

danpattison.com

What # were the screws you were driving? No issues with snapping the heads off at full power?

They were a #9 GRK type wood screw. I won’t say never, but if I did snap any I don’t remember. I was going into 2x pine studs through 2x pine. We screw our temp bracing in our walls.

Andrew

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

OA sounds really good. The “one day” on the charge driving 3″ screws off and on sound really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Great review Dustin. This impact just went close to the number 1 spot on my list. And like you say it comes with the 4 amp batteries. Also thanks to the others who placed feedback. Great information about the impact.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

my only complaint, I wish it had a 3/8 drive! And I don’t think that wold be possible and still have hex drive.

For most of my automotive go to sockets, are all in 3/8″ Not a big deal.

This is one of the most used tools in my shop at the moment. It’s been dropped, bumped, used for lug nuts, and ran hard. It’s still perfect. A GREAT tool.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

I agree on the 3/8″ drive Brad. All my sockets are 3/8″ drive but I think you’re right, if you made it 3/8″ drive there wouldn’t be enough metal left for the hex drive inside. The impact is still on my list but since I don’t do too much that needs the power it’s a bit lower on the list now.

Dan

danpattison.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Where does this Bosch Impact Driver made in ? Malaysia?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Now, I know I busted my last impact on site…. Going to lend my IDH182 EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver to the (Sub)foreman on site doing the balcony repairs/concrete/forms. Only seems right : )

btw thanks for the review @dustincoc

A Working Pro since 2004

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So far there are three things I don’t like it, comparing to the older 25618. The direction toggle is quite mushy, doesn’t click into each position with a positive Kachunk like it did before. The trigger speed control isn’t as smooth, most of the speed change is in middle half of the travel instead of a smooth increase from start to all the way pulled in. The last one will be quite subjective, but I’d like to see more rubber bumpers on it. The 25618 has enough bumpers that no matter how you drop it it’s protected, whereas on IDH182 even when it tips over from bumping it, the hard plastic case gets dented.

Actually makes that four, the LED will only stays on for 9 seconds no matter if its turned on by trigger or the button next to speed control. 9 seconds for trigger is fine, but only 9 seconds for the on/off button is ridiculous and defeat the point of have a switch to begin with, make it stays on all the time or at least a 10 minute time out.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Now, I know I busted my last impact on site…. Going to lend my IDH182 EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver to the (Sub)foreman on site doing the balcony repairs/concrete/forms. Only seems right : )

How are you liking the impact driver? For me, it is a balanced impact driver with light in weight and a lot of impacting power

The IDH182 might be my favorite tool. I really like the balance and it’s way more powerful than the craftsman impact I moved up from.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

How are you liking the impact driver? For me, it is a balanced impact driver with light in weight and a lot of impacting power

I’m surprised it is so powerful but still not too heavy and bulky. No complaints this far.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really like mine too and have no real complaints. Like the balance of weight vs power.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Ok, so I KNEW that once the foreman/owner doing the Sub balcony repair on our site got to use this 18v Bosch Brushless Impact with a 4.0Ah battery and a 2.0Ah battery/slow charger, that he would like it.
    When I first asked him if he would like to try it out with his crew, I got the sure yeah! He also said he was a Dewalt fan and all his guys have Dewalt Drills/Impacts on site.
    The next day his brother said, it’s heavy and doesn’t get into some small spots…. I thought, just a few more days and he will be singing Bosch.
    Well Today I was leaving (they work half hour longer than us) and I waved goodbye to him as I was leaving, his stage almost to the ground. He was all excited and waving me over to the stage. I went back thinking maybe he crushed it somehow like I have done cause I haven’t seen him so animated and happy before. Well he says “how much is this” I said well, it came with a Drill w/hammer function but I’m a Bulldog/rotary hammer fan and the impact, 2xslim batteries (I gave him a fat pack and slim pack) and L-Boxx2 for around $350. He said he was buying it, and how much he liked the battery and that he didn’t swap it out all day doing forms!!! His Dewalt he is swapping all the time, also how powerful the impact was! I told him I was just waiting for him to come around 😀

This is also the crew that bought the new Skilsaw Wormdrive I posted a picture of.

A Working Pro since 2004

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Lol good one! Quite a salesman you are.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Lol good one! Quite a salesman you are.

hehe, well it does sell itself! Thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s pretty cool, nice Bosch promotion.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.573 seconds