dcsimg

Review: Bosch IDH182 18V EC Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Great review! I’ve been curious about this impact driver and how well it would work for switching over car wheels so it was great to find out that it works well. I have the Bosch 12v but there are a few tasks such as wheel nuts that it doesn’t have enough torque for so it sounds like this would fit the bill.

Dan

danpattison.com

Thanks guys I appreciate the insight and I had no idea snap on made those sockets. Also @Dustincoc that is a great overview of the IDH182. I just got one and am really liking this gun a lot.

monman1
    Pro

Somehow I missed this review, but a great review!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

does it accept all the standard 1/4 hes accessories? I read somewhere they didnt lock on to all of them.

does it accept all the standard 1/4 hes accessories? I read somewhere they didnt lock on to all of them.

There is a problem with some of the bit adapters not working with it. It depends on the style of the bit adapter. I can try to see if I can find the posts we talked about it in depth

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Some of the bit adapters with that sliding sleeve don’t work with it. Other than those, I have had no issues. I have recently been using the DeWalt magnetic one’s that hold the bits solidly in place.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great review Dustin. this is a tool I’m gonna take a closer look at now.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I think this tool is pretty cool. My only complaint with it is at times I have to take the battery out and reinsert it to get it to work – for some reason it locks up and will not run with the trigger – a minor intermittent problem, but not sure if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Orange County, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think this tool is pretty cool. My only complaint with it is at times I have to take the battery out and reinsert it to get it to work – for some reason it locks up and will not run with the trigger – a minor intermittent problem, but not sure if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Wow I haven’t had that happen yet and I use mine a lot……Nice review Dustin, I somehow missed it too. I took mine over to a friends today that was repairing his cedar fence, He was using 2″ torx screws so I slipped in a driver bit and drove a few. Set the speed on medium Then handed it to another guy to try, He loved it. To the point he didn’t want to give it back and finished the job with it LOL, Then later I was showing him how the chuck worked and the 1/2″ socket drive. He was so surprised that it could take sockets and didn’t even realize it the whole time he was using it, He wants one bad now

Great review. Glad it was brought back to the top. Will put this on my wish list too.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

sounds good as my primary usage would be with the 1/4″ so as long as I am not limited there maybe ill have to give it a look

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I played with one of these at the store today. Surprised that the 1/4 chuck would not lock onto the double ended bit they sent with the gun

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I took mine over to a friends today that was repairing his cedar fence, He was using 2″ torx screws so I slipped in a driver bit and drove a few. Set the speed on medium Then handed it to another guy to try, He loved it. To the point he didn’t want to give it back and finished the job with it LOL, Then later I was showing him how the chuck worked and the 1/2″ socket drive. He was so surprised that it could take sockets and didn’t even realize it the whole time he was using it, He wants one bad now

A great way to spread the Bosch word Dabbs Looks like a lot of people like this tool. Looks to be a great combination of hex and impact driver.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Great review, I’ve been looking into this impact.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I played with one of these at the store today. Surprised that the 1/4 chuck would not lock onto the double ended bit they sent with the gun

Will any double ended bit lock into any of them?

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Will any double ended bit lock into any of them?

well this double ended bit had the collar to lock in unlike the older style double ended bit. But honestly i dont know if they will lock into others, as i dont like double ended bits so dont buy them. It wouldnt be logical to send one with an impact it wont work in.

I did also notice the handle is a smaller grip than the other models. Not sure if this is a bad thing though. Will depend on your hand size. Small for me in the store but with gloves at work it might be perfect

It wouldnt be logical to send one with an impact it wont work in.

Yup, that was a mystery to me too…

edit: Oops, I was thinking about the magnetic bit adapter that was sent with it. Either way, strange thing to do.

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

the more i think about it, The bit may not come with the impact. Though it was in the bit holder location on the gun. We never really knows who does what with the displays. An employee may have grabbed it to use and put it in there

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think this would be a nice addition to my shop tools. As of yet I don’t have impact tools as I do not often require them. Although when I used to ride my limey rattletrap it would have been of great use.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the review! Very interesting tool. I had no idea they made such a thing. If I didn’t already have both a brushless impact driver and a brushless impact wrench, I’d be all over that.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.641 seconds