dcsimg

REVIEW: BOSCH 12" Dual-Bevel Slide Miter Saw with Upfront Controls; Model 5312

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Are there any other blades you are considering? I found that Forrest makes some great blades.

I’d think about settling for a Bosch daredevil 12 80-100tooth blade if anything. Support the brand.

Dabbs wrote:
    Here’s Jason’s review of the axial glide http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-12-dual-bevel-axial-glide-miter-saw-with-upfront-controls-gcm12sd-review/
    Too bad the AG was not on the list when i was ready to redeem, but its been a while and we’ve been asking for it for a while with no success so i figured its not coming anytime soon.

I’d be really curious to see somebody do a side by side comparison between the 5312 and Axial Glide – if they find they like the axial glide that much better, etc…

John S

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Thanks for the review.

I have used all the big names of sliders except the Kapex, they all spew dust.

You said the base was cast iron?

I was using an older Bosch 12 slider on a big job, we were jamming to get this nightmare truss roof on before winter hit full force. at -35 the saw was not cutting square. I assumed the AL base was moving with the cold.

Not a complaint, most people in there right mind would not be using a saw at that temp. But everything else on that saw worked just fine.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I believe so yes, feels pretty heavy. The saw itself weights 59lbs.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

at -35 the saw was not cutting square. I assumed the AL base was moving with the cold.

I think your right about using the saw at that temp. If it is that cold, and your cutting, it’s all about getting it done quick, you probably don’t care about much else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s Jason’s review of the axial glide http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-12-dual-bevel-axial-glide-miter-saw-with-upfront-controls-gcm12sd-review/

Too bad the AG was not on the list when i was ready to redeem, but its been a while and we’ve been asking for it for a while with no success so i figured its not coming anytime soon. Looks like a great saw, and most of the key features on this AG saw is also on the 5312 which i will enjoy!

I posted that just for the bit of talk about the Kapex boot thing, I guess there wasn’t too much about it other than he was going to or something. I thought for sure I read somewhere that he did it

I believe so yes, feels pretty heavy. The saw itself weights 59lbs.

Are you sure it is cast iron? I find that quite surprising…

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

No i’m not sure. i actually cannot find any supporting evidence stating what the materials actually are.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Great review, Nick. Makes me regret my recent purchase of a Craftsman slider. But, my conscience is clear since I bought it just before finding this site.

I’m very interested in that saw now, thanks to your review. Are you sure you’re not working for Bosch? 🙂 j/k

Pat

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Great review, Nick. Makes me regret my recent purchase of a Craftsman slider. But, my conscience is clear since I bought it just before finding this site.

I’m very interested in that saw now, thanks to your review. Are you sure you’re not working for Bosch? 🙂 j/k

Thanks for your comments, yes i am sure i dont work for Bosch 🙂 if you do, your not allowed to win stuff i think. 🙂

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

No i’m not sure. i actually cannot find any supporting evidence stating what the materials actually are.

Well, I wouldn’t suggest trying the spark test.

Is it magnetic?

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Is it magnetic?

nope.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Is it magnetic?

nope.

I’m thinking aluminum then.

I’m thinking aluminum then.

That is what I would assume the base would be made out of as well. I know the saw isn’t light, but add enough metal of any sort together and it adds up sooner or later…

John S

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

I picked up the 1-” last week.

Finish & kitchen installs only saw

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

sorry here’s the pic.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice @jaydee – how do you like the 10″? It almost looks like more upright capacity than the 12″ from the pic, but I’m sure that’s probably not right. You didn’t add the laser arbor ring by chance did you?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I picked up the 10” last week.

That is a sweet tool, I’m sure that everyone here would like to hear more about it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I picked up the 10” last week.

That is a sweet tool, I’m sure that everyone here would like to hear more about it.

I know I would. Haven’t seen the 10″.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great review, very thorough. I really enjoyed it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.463 seconds