dcsimg

Repairing stamped concrete before resealing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Hi,
    Replaced an asphalt driveway with stamped concrete a while ago. I’ll skip the drama getting to this point – it’s a year overdue to be resealed but the surface has started to deteriorate. Any suggestions for repairs before I apply the sealer?
    Thanks.

Hi,

Replaced an asphalt driveway with stamped concrete a while ago. I’ll skip the drama getting to this point – it’s a year overdue to be resealed but the surface has started to deteriorate. Any suggestions for repairs before I apply the sealer?

Thanks.

Yikes. I’m definitely not an expert in concrete , how long ago was it done , do you still have some sort of warranty on the finish ,
    If not , I’m thinking something like an epoxy filling , but I’m not sure about that.
    To bad about that , looks like a beautiful driveway aside from that problem , is it pretty much all over the driveway

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

No warranty at this point. This is already the 2nd go so I don’t trust the company’s workmanship anyway. About 8 years old, really deteriorating the last two years despite the fact I haven’t had a vehicle during that time. Worst near the street where these photos were taken. Other driveways around the neighborhood have held up fine – I really drew the short straw on this project!

No warranty at this point. This is already the 2nd go so I don’t trust the company’s workmanship anyway. About 8 years old, really deteriorating the last two years despite the fact I haven’t had a vehicle during that time. Worst near the street where these photos were taken. Other driveways around the neighborhood have held up fine – I really drew the short straw on this project!

Wow , when you mentioned other driveways , do you mean by that same contractor , or someone else , if it’s someone else , you might want to ask them their opinion , it’s almost like they didn’t use the proper cement or something 🤷‍♂️ good luck with that.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

After the first install failed in a year, someone from LaFarge was on site for the 2nd time, and tested the mix. It was fine. I think they did a poor job of finishing it.
    The other driveways nearby were done by other companies. I’ll check with a couple of them.
    Good luck with it would be a nice reversal of fortune 🙂

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

milling and resurface? Not sure it will hold up to vehicular traffic though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.265 seconds