dcsimg

Repair tricks

Tagged: 

This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Boschmanbrian 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here I am, going at it the other day – swapped out three more faucets for the metering type for all the little kids. I swear, we’ll probably make up the cost of the upgrade in the first month just from water savings!

I’ve never seen this before, what is a metering type of faucet?

Kind of like a low flow faucet. It only lets out a certain amount of water per cycle to try to cut back on wasted water or people leaving the taps on.

Profile photo of Charlie
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@kswiss you got it – it’s a row of six sinks in a daycare I work with.

@r-ice metering faucets are the kind you push pn and then the mechanism inside the faucet gives you a certain amount of time before it shuts off the water. Most of the ones I’ve used/ worked with are spring actuated. These ones are a newer style from Moen with a levered handle that seems really easy to use. We have a few others on the other side of the building that are like a lot of the public restrooms at parks where it’s just a big knob that you push and that style doesn’t have any mechanical advantage, so it’s a bit more difficult for the littler kids to use.

Charlie

Instagram

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@kswiss you got it – it’s a row of six sinks in a daycare I work with.

@r-ice metering faucets are the kind you push pn and then the mechanism inside the faucet gives you a certain amount of time before it shuts off the water. Most of the ones I’ve used/ worked with are spring actuated. These ones are a newer style from Moen with a levered handle that seems really easy to use. We have a few others on the other side of the building that are like a lot of the public restrooms at parks where it’s just a big knob that you push and that style doesn’t have any mechanical advantage, so it’s a bit more difficult for the littler kids to use.

ahh i gotcha, well I have 2 cats and I have a touch faucet. when I hear niagara falls in my kitchen i know one of those little monsters has turned my tap on, I may need this lol.

Profile photo of Charlie
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@r-ice I really like them – no electricity but still have a kind of automation to them. Definitely saved money and is more hygienic too!

Charlie

Instagram

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good article on sharpening dull drill bits by hand. Also a downloadable pdf available

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sharpen-Used-and-Dull-Drill-Bits-By-Hand/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Good article on sharpening dull drill bits by hand. Also a downloadable pdf available

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sharpen-Used-and-Dull-Drill-Bits-By-Hand/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

thanks for this, I’ve never gotten the hang of sharpening drill bits even with the drill doctor.

Try this. Tom is pretty awesome. Mostly machining work but lots of other good tips too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@jimdaddyo that’s exactly what I was taught years years ago when I started at the shop.
    Good video, thanks Jim.

Profile photo of Howard
    hojo04
    Pro

These are great idea and maybe I can use them to my advantage someday. Thanks

Profile photo of Austin
    Clev08
    Pro

I may have to give that a try, it might be worth it to not buy a drill doctor or have then sharpened by someone else.

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Try this. Tom is pretty awesome. Mostly machining work but lots of other good tips too.

Very helpful JDO, easier to see that way.

2.5 gallon ceiling paint bucket works wonders fits almost every where.i used paint tray when pulling out garbage disposal removal but for p trap I’ll use the paint bucket

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I have to admit, normally worn drill bits with me get tossed or tucked in a fugget-bout-it drawer. But that is a good video to redress them instead and give them a new life.

Kevin.

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have to admit, normally worn drill bits with me get tossed or tucked in a fugget-bout-it drawer. But that is a good video to redress them instead and give them a new life.

I always resharpen. I go through a bunch of bits and resharpening can help. If I tossed a bit every time it got dull or broke I’d be spending a fortune in bits.

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I always resharpen. I go through a bunch of bits and resharpening can help. If I tossed a bit every time it got dull or broke I’d be spending a fortune in bits.

We used to do that lots, but only to the 1/4 inch and above, the smaller ones just to tiny to hold lol

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.774 seconds