dcsimg

Repair tricks

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Charlie cmeyer25 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here I am, going at it the other day – swapped out three more faucets for the metering type for all the little kids. I swear, we’ll probably make up the cost of the upgrade in the first month just from water savings!

I’ve never seen this before, what is a metering type of faucet?

Kind of like a low flow faucet. It only lets out a certain amount of water per cycle to try to cut back on wasted water or people leaving the taps on.

Profile photo of Charlie
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@kswiss you got it – it’s a row of six sinks in a daycare I work with.

@r-ice metering faucets are the kind you push pn and then the mechanism inside the faucet gives you a certain amount of time before it shuts off the water. Most of the ones I’ve used/ worked with are spring actuated. These ones are a newer style from Moen with a levered handle that seems really easy to use. We have a few others on the other side of the building that are like a lot of the public restrooms at parks where it’s just a big knob that you push and that style doesn’t have any mechanical advantage, so it’s a bit more difficult for the littler kids to use.

Charlie

Instagram

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@kswiss you got it – it’s a row of six sinks in a daycare I work with.

@r-ice metering faucets are the kind you push pn and then the mechanism inside the faucet gives you a certain amount of time before it shuts off the water. Most of the ones I’ve used/ worked with are spring actuated. These ones are a newer style from Moen with a levered handle that seems really easy to use. We have a few others on the other side of the building that are like a lot of the public restrooms at parks where it’s just a big knob that you push and that style doesn’t have any mechanical advantage, so it’s a bit more difficult for the littler kids to use.

ahh i gotcha, well I have 2 cats and I have a touch faucet. when I hear niagara falls in my kitchen i know one of those little monsters has turned my tap on, I may need this lol.

Profile photo of Charlie
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@r-ice I really like them – no electricity but still have a kind of automation to them. Definitely saved money and is more hygienic too!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.752 seconds