dcsimg

Rehab Addict

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I think a lot of these shows pass off work that looks really good on camera from a distance, but if one were to inspect it closer, it would be shoddy. I mean really, how good can the work be when there are 40 people participating in a bathroom renovation behind the scenes over a 48 hour period?!

Or 75 contractors and 300 volunteers demolishing a house and rebuilding a mcmansion in 7 days?! Or a complete restaurant makeover for $10,000 in 48 hours?! We can’t even get a permit from code enforcement approved in less than 2 weeks and an inspector out to measure post hole depths without days of advance notice!

It’s all for show. There’s no reality in reality anymore.

I think a lot of these shows pass off work that looks really good on camera from a distance, but if one were to inspect it closer, it would be shoddy. I mean really, how good can the work be when there are 40 people participating in a bathroom renovation behind the scenes over a 48 hour period?!

Or 75 contractors and 300 volunteers demolishing a house and rebuilding a mcmansion in 7 days?! Or a complete restaurant makeover for $10,000 in 48 hours?! We can’t even get a permit from code enforcement approved in less than 2 weeks and an inspector out to measure post hole depths without days of advance notice!

That’s definitely a fair critique of these sorts of shows in general, but have you actually ever seen Rehab Addict?

She takes months to rehab a house in the truest sense. And I am under the impression she really does a pretty solid job – plus the fact she cares about restoring these older houses to their former glory is a cool plus.

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive tried watching it. didnt really like it so turned it off

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I would probably do the same if it wasn’t for the fact that she is rehabbing houses but what feels like only 2-3 miles from me… so it is really fun to know where she is doing all of her work at!

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Yes, I have seen hers a number of times. She’s probably a bit of exception to my statement.

PS @John S, I tried messaging a reply about a half dozen timed to you yesterday, but it kept coming up as an error. If you want, send me an alternate method and I’ll reply again to you.

That’s definitely a fair critique of these sorts of shows in general, but have you actually ever seen Rehab Addict?

She takes months to rehab a house in the truest sense. And I am under the impression she really does a pretty solid job – plus the fact she cares about restoring these older houses to their former glory is a cool plus.

kzcarp
    Pro

Try watching it with the sound off, you might enjoy it a little bit. 😉

kevin

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I like to see old homes fixed up, that plus she’s decent looking it’s not a bad watch every now and then lol

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

yeah, not sure Rehab Addict fits into this generality exactly; it’s a reality show yes, but it’s not that bad.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

yeah, not sure Rehab Addict fits into this generality exactly; it’s a reality show yes, but it’s not that bad.

Agree. It is done better than most.

My daughter watches the cooking shows. Some of those guys are too much.

Thatkid
    Pro

I do watch that show from time to time and I think it is better than most. I agree that sometimes she saves crap that should just be thrown out. I saw on one were instead of getting new cabinets she had cabinets from a couple old houses and and put them in the kitchen and I thought it looked like crap. She did a house 10 miles from me and the amount of money she spent on it she couldn’t possibly make any money. She didn’t think about how that in Detroit people are trying to sell houses for 10000$ that need cleaning out and some repairs and no one is buying them.

Yes, I have seen hers a number of times. She’s probably a bit of exception to my statement.
    PS @John S, I tried messaging a reply about a half dozen timed to you yesterday, but it kept coming up as an error. If you want, send me an alternate method and I’ll reply again to you.

@hdpro
    – there is a major glitch with replies right now, so you pretty much have to send a new message to the person… so what I typically do is copy the message somebody sends me and then go to their profile to send a private message, paste their message and reply…

I am not sure why it effects some people and not everyone… I use safari at it effects me. It is a recent glitch and I am sure Aaron and crew are working on figuring it out 🙂

John S

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Yes, I have seen hers a number of times. She’s probably a bit of exception to my statement.<br>

@hdpro – there is a major glitch with replies right now, so you pretty much have to send a new message to the person… so what I typically do is copy the message somebody sends me and then go to their profile to send a private message, paste their message and reply…

I am not sure why it effects some people and not everyone… I use safari at it effects me. It is a recent glitch and I am sure Aaron and crew are working on figuring it out :)

@John
    S,

John I tried sending new messages but to no avail. I’ve also found that if a message gets too long it won’t send it either. As you know, that’s why I chopped my first one to you into 3 or 4 messages a few days ago.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

@Kevin6 might be able to help out if this continues to be an issue?

Kevin6
    Pro

Yes, I saw that issue and we are working on an update. We will keep you posted.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I like the show. The houses she fixes up remind me of the house I was raised in in upstate NY.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.368 seconds