dcsimg

Rehab Addict

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Do any of you guys watch this show by chance? My wife and I aren’t really a fan of the lady, but it is fun to see somebody work on houses where we know exactly where they are! I feel like most of these types of shows are borderline soap operas with just being overly dramatic for drama’s sake 😐

John S

pgc555
    Pro
    Gilberts, Illinois

Of course they are “reality type” shows but I feel the hosts really are interested in giving a final product that is good. I have contacted both Matt Meunster of “bath crashers” and Alison Victoria of “kitchen crashers” from HGTV about something and both did get back to me.I really do feel they try to do a good job. I have offered my experience in tile work so they do things that are completely in line with our industry. This way instead of “pros” commenting negatively on what they do, they may actually compliment them. That helps both out.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I used to watch these shows a lot. i catch them once and awhile now. they always give me good ideas but I have a hard time affording some of the stuff they use. I still like a lot of these shows and they are entertaining to watch. I still love catching episodes of this old house though.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous
    Inactive

Indeed, Norm Abram and ‘The new yankee workshop’. I used to watch that all the time

Of course they are “reality type” shows but I feel the hosts really are interested in giving a final product that is good. I have contacted both Matt Meunster of “bath crashers” and Alison Victoria of “kitchen crashers” from HGTV about something and both did get back to me.I really do feel they try to do a good job. I have offered my experience in tile work so they do things that are completely in line with our industry. This way instead of “pros” commenting negatively on what they do, they may actually compliment them. That helps both out.

That is true… They do really give a good end product (though I think in the rehab addict she is overly obsessive about retro style, but that is her preference). A couple of the shows early on showed several examples of really shoddy work (and she had to fire several people supposedly) so that was somewhat disheartening. But since then I have been more impressed by the work the pros have done

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

One of the advantages or disadvantages as it may be, I have is that I don’t subscribe to cable or sattelite. This greatly reduces my access to reality tv. When I did have sattelite, I couldn’t stand anything on HGTV. They either made it look way to easy or they didn’t really cheap work.

My favorite part of any woodworking, remodeling, repair, show was the lines like “to make this intricate triple bypass, double upside down, backwards quadruple compound cut we will go over here to the tablesaw where we have already built our jig and adjusted the saw blade.” The “built our jig and adjusted the saw blade” part probably took 3 men 2 days to accomplish and they gloss over it in a transition sentence. Those types of comments just made roll with laughter.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I’ve seen Rehab Addict a few times, Nicole (the host) is alright. I can’t get too excited for some of the work she puts into things and typically the houses she is working on are old style and dont appeal much to me. However i enjoy the construction\remodeling aspect of the show. Tired of some of the typical shows on HGTV and sometimes there really is nothing on tv worth watching anymore. I like Matt M. from bath crashers though – fun personality i think. I catch that show every now and then.

One of the advantages or disadvantages as it may be, I have is that I don’t subscribe to cable or sattelite. This greatly reduces my access to reality tv. When I did have sattelite, I couldn’t stand anything on HGTV. They either made it look way to easy or they didn’t really cheap work.

My favorite part of any woodworking, remodeling, repair, show was the lines like “to make this intricate triple bypass, double upside down, backwards quadruple compound cut we will go over here to the tablesaw where we have already built our jig and adjusted the saw blade.” The “built our jig and adjusted the saw blade” part probably took 3 men 2 days to accomplish and they gloss over it in a transition sentence. Those types of comments just made roll with laughter.

hahaha so true. An equivalent comparison is like those cooking shows where the people have 100 dishes laid out with all the ingredients premeasured and then have examples of the different stages of cooked-ness…. and act as if you could do all that they do in a matter of 20 minutes as well…

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

i hate watching people cook anymore; the worst is when they do it on the shows after the morning news. It’s like hey watch me show you people how to cook something in 2minutes and all you really see is the uninterested hosts acting interested in the fact that you want them to do all the work which usually involves just pouring already measured ingredients into a bowl and mixing them together – really? Boring.

kzcarp
    Pro

I like what she does, not always how she goes about it. I like the idea of updating older homes, bringing back some of the character. Making them function better for how we live in the 21st century.

kevin

Kevin – what do you mean about how she goes about it? As in her techniques/methods/approach or her attitude? haha

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

John, I think her attitude is great. Sometimes she puts a lot of energy into saving parts or features in the house that would be better off being scrapped. Saving some of the hardwood floors that she keeps. She is very creative in how she does things. I guess you have to be to keep to a budget and walk away after the sale having money in your pocket.

kevin

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

She is quite motivated and passionate about her work i’ll give her that.

John, I think her attitude is great. Sometimes she puts a lot of energy into saving parts or features in the house that would be better off being scrapped. Saving some of the hardwood floors that she keeps. She is very creative in how she does things. I guess you have to be to keep to a budget and walk away after the sale having money in your pocket.

kevin

This is totally true. Although I looked up the sale price of the nice house she redid on Minnehaha and I do not think she could have made money on it… She wanted to sell it for 800k but it only sold for like 620k…. and is now being rented out :\

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

She needs to ditch the flip flops when she’s on a construction site. That annoys me.

kevin

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

kevin

This is totally true. Although I looked up the sale price of the nice house she redid on Minnehaha and I do not think she could have made money on it… She wanted to sell it for 800k but it only sold for like 620k…. and is now being rented out :\

Of course 800 sounds much better than 620 on TV. Because when it is all said and done it is about the TV show first and foremost.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

She needs to ditch the flip flops when she’s on a construction site. That annoys me.

kevin

I agree, there are a lot of people watching the show and she should keep in mind proper safety.

I hadn’t noticed that, but it doesn’t surprise me. She does tend to wear rather fashionable outfits while working haha. Oh well, to each his (or her) own

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah, i think it’s just part of her personality.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Do any of you guys watch this show by chance? My wife and I aren’t really a fan of the lady, but it is fun to see somebody work on houses where we know exactly where they are! I feel like most of these types of shows are borderline soap operas with just being overly dramatic for drama’s sake :|

I think she is pretty awesome. Not my taste in decor but overall she is true to what says and stands for. Save old house and don’t tear them down. She works hard and does the work herself.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.447 seconds