dcsimg

Registering Your Bosch Tools–‘PROVANTAGE’ or ‘Product Registration’

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe some of you knew this already, but I found out today there is a difference between the two categories and you should make sure you register your tools in the right place.

The cordless tools are to be in the ‘ProVantage’
    The corded tools belong in the ‘Product Registration’

We’ve had talk lately of doing it online so I looked into it and noticed none of my previous tools that I’ve registered over the phone are listed. So I called them to find out why

The reason;
    They’ve all been cordless and are in a different section (ProVantage) that you must register yourself into separately, Once I did that I could see everything I’ve registered (cordless).

On the Bosch main page after you login hover over ‘service’ and in the pop-up the third and fourth options are ‘Product Registration’ and ‘ProVantage’, pick them accordingly to what you’re registering 🙂

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks for the heads up Dabbs. I did not know this. And should make things easier next time I register a new tool.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Thanks for the information.

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was pretty cool to see the list of what I actually have registered, I’m still not completely happy with the list though as there is a special place to register batteries and mine is empty. I had 4 cordless tools on the list that all came with batteries and I know I told them at the time. Now, to register them it wants date and ‘receipt of purchase’ to enter. I know the dates by the tools but I have no receipt or even a shipping slip anymore from the ones I got from here

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

thanks for the heads up, i actually registered them the other day under tool registration and it acted like it tool them, however checking today it did not.

Crazy they have two different registrations and the provantage site is horrible to navigate. I had to register by phone

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Thanks for the heads up, this is good information for people to register things properly. I will have to remember this for future purchases.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I had no clue. This should fix my issues of stuff not appearing. many thanks for the info Dabbs

A Working Pro since 2004

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Let me clarify. The PROVANTAGE registration is for Cordless tools only. PROVANTAGE has several benefits that extend beyond the standard registration coverage.

● 1st Year Tool Replacement Guarantee

● 2nd & 3rd Years No-charge tool repair

● 2 Year FREE Battery Replacements

3-Year Protection Plan for all Bosch Cordless Tools

A protection plan extending coverage against defects for 2 additional years, plus expanded coverage in the first 12 months of standard warranty, plus 2 year battery coverage, and exclusive toll-free hotline. Registration required.

PROVANTAGE is Free. There is no additional charge for this additional coverage.

You have to go to this page: http://www.boschtools.com/Service/ProductServices/Pages/ServiceandSupport.aspx and click on the “Register Now” text link (see image below).

If you are unsure about which tools are included in the PROVANTAGE program, you can reference this .pdf file: http://www.boschtools.com/Service/ProductServices/Documents/ProVantage%20eligible%20tool%20list%20Jan%2012.pdf?WT.ac=BT_ProgramsAndSupport_FileLinkDownload_2012PriceList_bodyTextLink

I hope this clears up the registration issue. There have been some glitches that the CIS dept. is aware of and addressing, such as when you register your tools they may not immediately show up. We are working on it.

Let me know at @bethepro.com">bethepro@bethepro.com with any questions you might have.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Thanks for the heads up Boyd! Good to know when I get around to doing this. Part of what keeps me back is not knowing the exact dates of some things…

The PROVANTAGE registration is for Cordless tools only. PROVANTAGE has several benefits that extend beyond the standard registration coverage.

Thanks for the extra info Jim!

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

This is great information, thanks to all for sharing it. That Provantage is a great features that I bet most people do not know about. This is the first I have heard about it.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I registered all my cordless stuff under product registration, is there a way to switch them over? @bethepro

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for information Jim. Guess I’ll use Provantage from now on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Awesome! Signed up for the Provantage this morning and will start to register some tools. Great info!

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks for the info guys

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

well this is good information for sure. thanks for clarifying this.

@Bethepro Heated jacket… cordless? (It’s not on the Provantage list)

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

OK, here is the definitive guide to tool registration.

Corded tools and jackets you register at BoschTools.com Bosch Tool Registration link: https://www.boschtools.com/Profile/Pages/ProfileCreate.aspx

Cordless tools and additional batteries are registered through Provantage. If the battery came included with the tool, then you do NOT need to register that battery. If you have purchased or redeemed for a battery as a stand alone item, then you can register it at ProVantage. NOTE: For the heated jacket, you register the holster at ProVantage, and the jacket you register at BoschTools.com.
    Provantage link: http://www.boschtools.com/Service/ProductServices/Pages/ServiceandSupport.aspx

If you are redeeming tools and you want to register them (highly suggested) you will use the packing slip as the receipt.

You cannot register accessories.

I hope this clarifies the questions you all have been having.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

If you are redeeming tools and you want to register them (highly suggested) you will use the packing slip as the receipt.

Guess i should have kept those.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the battery came included with the tool, then you do NOT need to register that battery.

Oh cool, That’s good to know. Wish I would have kept more of the packing slips though, When doing it over the phone they didn’t mention anything about that but they did ask where I got them and I told em here. I don’t know what they wrote down for that, But it’s all good to know from now on.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Why can’t this all be under the same “sign up” it’s a pain to have all these registrations. Sorry, it is.

It would be nice to have one profile across all of Bosch (oncluding tools, appliances etc)

Any one use amazon? You can sign into amazon.XX with your current registration no matter were you initial signed up from. It’s a nice feature.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

true, it would be easier if it was all under one but it’s not that way and there is probably some reason for that. On the Bosch back end side of the business i bet they have two different applications, departments, or people in charge of corded and cordless tools. Eventually things get too big and you need to split it up somehow – i’m sure it makes sense to someone to have it as two different signups and maybe they will fix that someday.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.850 seconds