dcsimg

Refurbished

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Siberian 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think Factory Refurb has a different meaning to different companies.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Did they punch the “R” in the tool body? I saw something recently about that. That would be a deal breaker for me. I like my stuff looking nice and being OCD those imperfect “R’s” would just bother the crap out of me even though the tool looks brand new otherwise.

Take it from me. I have plenty of refurbished tools. The stamp is not a big deal. The tools have performed very good. In fact not one of my Bosch refurbished tools have had any problems. I only have had a problem with my 12 volt new drill driver 4 years ago. But it was registered, and Bosch took care of that straight away.

And the amount of $$ you save, you can get a bigger bang for your buck.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like you got a good deal. I always shop sales, but i need to look into reconditioned tools. Spring is coming and so is tool buying time.

@protom, nice to see you back. Haven’t seen you in a while been busy?

I think Factory Refurb has a different meaning to different companies.

Most likely but I have purchased Refurbished tools from Bosch, DeWalt, Black & Decker, and a few others have been pleased each time. I have really been unable to tell that the tool was refurbished. In each case the tool looked and performed brand new.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

@theamcguy yeah been out enjoying the snow, still some left at the ski hills. Now back to siding jobs.

I have purchased refurbished computers and phones so why not tools.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

Did they punch the “R” in the tool body? I saw something recently about that. That would be a deal breaker for me. I like my stuff looking nice and being OCD those imperfect “R’s” would just bother the crap out of me even though the tool looks brand new otherwise.

Nothing marked in tool , batteries, or charger. But for what it’s worth, they can put an R on it and I could care less. Doesn’t change the performance.

Take it from me. I have plenty of refurbished tools. The stamp is not a big deal. The tools have performed very good. In fact not one of my Bosch refurbished tools have had any problems. I only have had a problem with my 12 volt new drill driver 4 years ago. But it was registered, and Bosch took care of that straight away.

And the amount of $$ you save, you can get a bigger bang for your buck.

Had I read your reply I wouldn’t have posted about the R being stamped. Well said @boschmanbrian

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.772 seconds