dcsimg

Referral Question

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I would like to refer some people to the site. I have seen sites where they have an automated system to send a referral from your profile. Is there such a system here, also are any points associated with referrals. Thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

When you send them a message, just include this link:
    http://bethepro.com/register/?source=pro-community-rewards-prize-list
    It’s the registration page, and gives them info about the point system.
    You can get 5000 points if they register and then post a certain number of times within a certain time period.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Yep, Adam’s right – make sure they drop your username in the referral field. About 1 time per month Aaron will give out the referral points. I think they have to post 10 times.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Great, thanks for the info guys! That link will help

A Working Pro since 2004

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

No problem! Glad we could help…the more the merrier here.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just make sure they use your ‘username’, And if they post enough (I think it’s 10 times in the first 7 days, But don’t quote me on that) both you and the referral get 5000 points. And that’s for each referral you get to a limit of 10

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Pretty neat. I need to do some referrals!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is good to know. I’ll send out some.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

That is good to know. I’ll send out some.

Well worth the points on top of more people that will be her to keep topics flowing!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Well I sent out a few invites. I talk about bethepro on the site and the guys seem very interested all the time.

A Working Pro since 2004

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Well I sent out a few invites. I talk about bethepro on the site and the guys seem very interested all the time.

I let others know in person and they never believe me. I show them my table saw and stand and they swear I bought it! Some thick headed people I guess lol.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I let others know in person and they never believe me. I show them my table saw and stand and they swear I bought it! Some thick headed people I guess lol.

Lol, I can so picture that. Quite a few of the guys just look at you puzzled and say “really”?

A Working Pro since 2004

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

The award to BTP as best construction forum reminded me I should mention it to a few people.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/congratulations-www-bethepro-com/

Searched for “referral” and found this thread, which I will bring to the top to encourage others to keep the site growing. Let’s keep the quality of content high too, that’s why it’s worth coming back!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The award to BTP as best construction forum reminded me I should mention it to a few people.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/congratulations-www-bethepro-com/

Searched for “referral” and found this thread, which I will bring to the top to encourage others to keep the site growing. Let’s keep the quality of content high too, that’s why it’s worth coming back!

Nice bump and I’ll give it another, And yes on the quality of content. There’s been quite a bit of fluff again lately, It not only keeps the Mods busy but it doesn’t look good for the place either.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Just make sure they use your ‘username’, And if they post enough (I think it’s 10 times in the first 7 days, But don’t quote me on that) both you and the referral get 5000 points. And that’s for each referral you get to a limit of 10

This has changed. There are no more referral points. No longer mentioned on the registration page.

EDIT:::

I see that it has been moved to near the bottom of the registration page. It use to be in with the other benefits.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

This has changed. There are no more referral points. No longer mentioned on the registration page.

Oh really? I didn’t know that, I see I made that statement a year and a half ago LOL. I do know there was some abuse of it so maybe that’s why

EDIT; Ya made me go look, And yes it still talks about the referral points. But maybe they just don’t pay them out anymore @58Chev

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I also have a couple of guys that I work with that don’t believe the benefits of the site. I have tried to get them to join but they won’t..Baffling to me. I have been trying to get Jason back on, but it doesn’t look like he will. Unfortunately

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

yellaD
    Pro

O really? I’ve refered my budddy at work and he was active on the welding/metal threads. I will look to see if I got bonus!

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Let us know, @yellaD. I wouldn’t want to mislead anyone.
    Won’t stop me from referring people here regardless; lots of value to being a member of the community.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

It was Mark that first mentioned this site to me, I wonder if he ever got paid

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.438 seconds