dcsimg

Redwing work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I first started wearing redwings a year and a half ago. my first pair 9” loggers were like slippers, lasted me 12 hard months and were still water tight. I only replaced them because the sole had worn down and there was not a lot of traction after the first pair I loved i decided to replace them with the same ones. The new pair only lasted maybe three months before the right boot became extremely uncomfortable. it was as though the leather shrunk and my foot was so tight and uncomfortable. then the seem that hold the laces started tearing and that was it. I went to the store to get them replaced. They initially did not want to give me a new pair but i argued for a few minutes and they succumbed. So far so good, has anyone else had terrible luck with redwings?

Thatkid
    Pro

I have had terrible luck and am never getting another pair of their boots ageing. I spent 140 on a pair that were suppose to be waterproof and great for the winter. they were terrible leaked from day one and even tho I only wore them a couple months the leather wore threw on the toes.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have always had good luckmwith Red Wings. The only issue I have ever had in buying a pair thatnwas a little small.

I have heard mixed reviews from this brand…I got a pair of Keen from BTP and they are awesome…super comfy, waterproof and pretty durable.

Orange County, CA

I have heard mixed reviews from this brand…I got a pair of Keen from BTP and they are awesome…super comfy, waterproof and pretty durable.

I echo MrToolJunkie’s thoughts exactly. Love my Keen’s that I got from here – we have a thread on them here: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/keen-work-boots-review/

John S

Thatkid
    Pro

I’m going to try a pair of the keen boots when my timberlands finally wear out.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’m in desperate need of boots and have been eyeing up a couple of different keen boots.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bought a pair of Redwings a few years ago and never did like how they felt. I was like they never broke in. Have not purchased since.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kzcarp
    Pro

I have been buying the same model Redwings for almost 15 years. All broke in well, and wore well. No problems to speak of except for the insulated pair was a “second” and because of the insulation I bought them large by 1/2 size. By no means are they a cheap boot and they should last.
    I also have a pair of Keen, and they are a comfortable, solid boot, as many here will echo.

kevin

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wore Redwing’s for over 25 years, My company would split the cost of them once a year. They are very uncomfortable when new, The trick for me was to get them soaking wet and wear em for a day. It was always at the ankle that got me with the high tops, I could get a couple years out of a pair before the sole wore out

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

They also had a recall not too long ago that we talked about here. I’ve never put on a pair though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I remember that, I looked into it and the pair I have didn’t qualify. I think it had something to do with the steel toes which I have but not the right sizes

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I have a pair of Redwings and also Keens…haven’t decided yet which I like best..

LIke i said my last pair was great like slippers once broken in. i think if this replaced pair give me a hard time i will try out keen. A lot of guys i work with have had problems with the toes and waterproofing on redwings, then others swear by them. I do like the more hiking style of keen.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

One thing I like about the keen boots is it seems there’s more room in the toe.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Just got my new Keen’s in the mail today. I went with the ones that are more of a sports shoe. After 5 minutes of playing with the dog in the yard I like them. I had a pair of redwings that I was happy with in comfort but I wore them out quicker than I expected I would.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Their quality does not seem to be what it once was. For years I bought what was cheap. With a neuroma these days I broke down and spent the money on some redwings. They did nothing for my feet and i was in constant pain as all others. I couldnt blame the boots for my health condition. However what i could blame the boots for was their lack of durability. Seams coming apart after only 6 months and within a year the sole cracks across the balls. Never again.

I since have bought a pair of timberland pro, now only have they lasted me over a year with no issues as of yet (except lace replacement)My feet do not hurt at all even with the neuroma. I just yesterday bought another pair for every day wear, as they are the only shoes i have found where my feet dont hurt.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a pair of redwings and love them. I had the toe guard put on them and like that I can take them in whenever to get oiled and cleaned.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im a KEEN… ER all the wall.. i cant get over how long they last for me.

i havent tried redwings myself but a buddy bought a pair about 7 years ago which started falling apart after about 5 weeks… they were the only style of redwings available here too. when that happened i forgot about maybe buying a pair

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Their quality does not seem to be what it once was. For years I bought what was cheap. With a neuroma these days I broke down and spent the money on some redwings. They did nothing for my feet and i was in constant pain as all others. I couldnt blame the boots for my health condition. However what i could blame the boots for was their lack of durability. Seams coming apart after only 6 months and within a year the sole cracks across the balls. Never again.

I since have bought a pair of timberland pro, now only have they lasted me over a year with no issues as of yet (except lace replacement)My feet do not hurt at all even with the neuroma. I just yesterday bought another pair for every day wear, as they are the only shoes i have found where my feet dont hurt.

Have you done anything with the nuroma. My wife had one and tried shots but they did not work. She had it removed and has had no issues since.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.565 seconds