dcsimg

Recommend an appliance brand?

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We bought a new Samsung stove

Big name brand now. Congrats on the purchase. If Samsung, what did Sam sing?

Thanks Jim. I hope Samsung sings years of service.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

We bought a new Samsung stove at Liquidation place on Sunday and today we bought a new Samsung dishwasher and GE fridge at Home Depot. We are happy with our purchases.

Nice , congrats on the new appliances , what colour are they , did you go stainless ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We bought a new Samsung stove at Liquidation place on Sunday and today we bought a new Samsung dishwasher and GE fridge at Home Depot. We are happy with our purchases.

Nice , congrats on the new appliances , what colour are they , did you go stainless ,

We went with all stainless.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We had our first issue with new Samsung stove. There is something wrong with oven. Wifey set the oven to 350 F and took a 1 hour to heat up. Let’s say she wasn’t too happy about. She contacted Samsumg and they put a request to have repaired. We just waiting to receive a call from repair guy to book appointment.

Greg

Doobie

Likely the ‘blues’. In asking appliance repair folks I’ve met over the years which brands put the most money in their pockets, Samsung is numero uno. Pooched motherboards are apparently quite common on their appliances.

We went with an LG washing machine last year. Just this past week though, I got an error message of a drain hose blockage issue where the unit had stopped. Turned off the unit, and restarted, and it went away, but not a good sign maybe. Hopefully that’s the end of it.

It’s got BT connectivity so I got an alert on my phone that it was doing this. First time for any kind of fault with it. Kinda like the BT feature. Let’s you know when you can do the next load. Ours is a top loader. Heard too many horror stories about residential model front loaders.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Ours is a top loader.

We ordered the top load LG too. Wife wanted the least “features” and largest size available.

Front loaders are supposed to be more energy efficient and use less water, but with so many bells and whistles on them, plus the issue I have heard of with mold, we went with proven old school tech. Really, what good is all the energy savings if you are spending more than the savings on service and repair? Plus the down time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Ours is a top loader.

We ordered the top load LG too. Wife wanted the least “features” and largest size available.

Front loaders are supposed to be more energy efficient and use less water, but with so many bells and whistles on them, plus the issue I have heard of with mold, we went with proven old school tech. Really, what good is all the energy savings if you are spending more than the savings on service and repair? Plus the down time.

Our LG top loader replaced a 40+ years old Inglis top loader and what was weird to deal with at first was how much less water it uses. It basically washes the clothes in a wet sloppy mess. But everything comes out clean. Just took getting used to. Only when you set it on ‘bedding’ does it load enough enough to really cover things and wash similar amounts of water like our old one did.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

JimDaddyO wrote:
    GTokley wrote:

Likely the ‘blues’. In asking appliance repair folks I’ve met over the years which brands put the most money in their pockets, Samsung is numero uno. Pooched motherboards are apparently quite common on their appliances.

Oh I guess I will find out as we bought a Samsung Stove and dish washer. I heard this about front load washer too. We have yet spend a dime into since our extend warranty expired LG Front load washer. Knock on wood. We have own it and a LG dryer for 10 years.

I too like old school teach. But with limit space. We bought the LG front load washer and dryer. We use them as stackable unit in our small 3 bedroom unit. We have not had any mold issue what so ever. Maybe the reason this is as we leave the door when done doing laundry. The front load washer does have a 2 staged door stop that keeps the door open part way so the machine can air when done using the washer. We have went threw 2 of those stops. One of the clips that holds the stop in the door breaks off. After the 2 nd broke we decide not to bother replacing it as is flaw in the design of the washer and they are not cheap to buy. Maybe this why we haven’t had a mold issue.
    We have older washer and dryer that came with our new place. The washer looks newer then the dryer. We going try and sell them.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We had our first issue with new Samsung stove. There is something wrong with oven. Wifey set the oven to 350 F and took a 1 hour to heat up. Let’s say she wasn’t too happy about. She contacted Samsumg and they put a request to have repaired. We just waiting to receive a call from repair guy to book appointment.

The repair guy came out fixed our new Samsung stove yesterday. I turns out that there was a wire that wasn’t plugged in at the back of the stove. So that was a easy fix. Sounds it came from the factory like this.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

So that was a easy fix.

That’s some good news. Other than they forgot it at the factory that is. Hope that is the end of the problems for a long long time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

So that was a easy fix.

That’s some good news. Other than they forgot it at the factory that is. Hope that is the end of the problems for a long long time.

Yes it is good news. Yes I assume they have forgot it at the factory. Yes I hope it is the end of problems for a long time.

Greg

The repair guy came out fixed our new Samsung stove yesterday. I turns out that there was a wire that wasn’t plugged in at the back of the stove. So that was a easy fix. Sounds it came from the factory like this.

Oh well , that could be what they call a Monday or Friday appliance , tired people and someone just missed that ,
    Hopefully that’s all , I can’t imagine these newer stoves being problematic , or any electric stove for that matter , I mean not much mechanical moving parts , mainly all electric and more so just a kind of mother board or whatever you would call the main board behind the heads of the stove ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh well , that could be what they call a Monday or Friday appliance , tired people and someone just missed that

Sounds like this could have been the case.

Hopefully that’s all , I can’t imagine these newer stoves being problematic , or any electric stove for that matter , I mean not much mechanical moving parts , mainly all electric and more so just a kind of mother board or whatever you would call the main board behind the heads of the stove ,

Yeah I hope there is no more problems for sometime. The service tech it could have been 1 of 3 things. So he ordered all 3 parts for the stove. He had to wait for the parts to arrive before he came to repair the stove.

Greg

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.436 seconds