dcsimg

Reciprocating saw claw

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have never seen this before but seems like it could be handy in two situations.

(1) To start a cut on a pipe precisely where you need it without the chance of it slipping around.

(2) When cutting tree limbs using a reciprocating saw it allows more weight of the saw to do more work on the down cut.

Anyone used one?

EDITED TO ADD:Sorry tried both attaching or linked pictures and they disappeared only the text came through.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: Was finally able to attach them, seems only able to do so by editing the post multiple times, each time add one attachment. In other words, to add 3 images as attachments, edit it three times each time add one image.

Attachments:
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

By the way, and I don’t know if this is something that may be helpful to the webmaster of this site. This particular post took multiple attempts to make.

The first two attempts were met with this message:

The page request was canceled because it took too long to complete

What can I do?

Site visitors: There was an issue serving your request, please try again in a few minutes.

Site Owners: A request for either a page, script, process, or query has taken too long to complete and has been cancelled due to a bad gateway. You should visit your error log for more information.

Finally it went through on the third try after I don’t know how long and it as soon as it was posted it came back to refresh the page saying the post was made “3 minutes ago”.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have never seen this before but seems like it could be handy in two situations.

(1) To start a cut on a pipe precisely where you need it without the chance of it slipping around.

(2) When cutting tree limbs using a reciprocating saw it allows more weight of the saw to do more work on the down cut.

Anyone used one?

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>EDITED TO ADD:Sorry tried both attaching or linked pictures and they disappeared only the text came through.
    <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>
    <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: Was finally able to attach them, seems only able to do so by editing the post multiple times, each time add one attachment. In other words, to add 3 images as attachments, edit it three times each time add one image.

Maybe it’s good for pruning but I don’t see any usage in construction when I cut out the old windows or/and doors.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Maybe it’s good for pruning but I don’t see any usage in construction when I cut out the old windows or/and doors.

It think it will be useful when cutting an existing pipe to start the cut at a precise location on the pipe. Usually it tends to dance around. If you are demo-ing it doesn’t matter. If you need to cut that pipe exactly 1.75″ from the wall no more no less then it’s may help. Right now in this situation I tighten a hose clamp over the pipe if my cut has to be exact and square.

Interesting , not sure if I would buy it , but it probably would be great for cutting round pipes , might help cutting more precise for 2x also ,

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I could see that coming in handy for cutting pipe…Don’t think I would buy one though.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I could see that coming in handy for cutting pipe…Don’t think I would buy one though.

That would definitely be something that I could use almost daily. Would be great for cutting pipe/conduit or threaded rods.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It seems like a good idea to me especially if you cut a lot of pipe.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

I would have to try it out before I would buy one. Mostly to see how securely the jaw holds material as you enter the cut and how easy it is to plunge the blade all the way through the material.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That would definitely be something that I could use almost daily. Would be great for cutting pipe/conduit or threaded rods.

Yes would work for threaded rods too although I’ll use a grinder or dremel for that.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I would have to try it out before I would buy one. Mostly to see how securely the jaw holds material as you enter the cut and how easy it is to plunge the blade all the way through the material.

I would think once the cut has started the claw will swing out of the way as your cut plunges deeper. I think in many cases once your cut has started you swing the claw out of the way as you no longer need it. I wonder how much the claw may obscure the sight line to the actual material being cut whether you have to look left and right down and up to make sure the cut is on straight.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes would work for threaded rods too although I’ll use a grinder or dremel for that.

I agree, cuts on threaded rod go quick.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.208 seconds