dcsimg

Recently completed Wainscoting in Dining room .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

On this job the homeowner wanted a wainscoting look but on a budget . I used off the shelf moulding to create these panels to apply directly to the drywall . I try to equally design each panel to look uniform along that wall . Since most wall are not the same you have to adjust the width of the panels . These where all the same height at 20” inches .

I used titebond quick and thick glue since it don’t drip as much and dries fast . I used Collins clamps on all the miters . There isn’t a nail on any of the miters to keep them attached . Just the four nails I used to attach it to the wall . I also used loctite instant grip but had some tubs blow out on the back end of my caulk gun . Not sure if it’s common with those tubs or what . I made sure there was a decent size hole for the adhesive to come out .

I caulked the edges where it should caps from not sitting flush to the wall . Then apply two coating of whit semi-gloss paint by Vaslper . They were super happy with the finally result .

Always willing to learn .

Here’s some more pictures of the project completed .

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

On this job the homeowner wanted a wainscoting look but on a budget . I used off the shelf moulding to create these panels to apply directly to the drywall . I try to equally design each panel to look uniform along that wall . Since most wall are not the same you have to adjust the width of the panels . These where all the same height at 20” inches .

I used titebond quick and thick glue since it don’t drip as much and dries fast . I used Collins clamps on all the miters . There isn’t a nail on any of the miters to keep them attached . Just the four nails I used to attach it to the wall . I also used loctite instant grip but had some tubs blow out on the back end of my caulk gun . Not sure if it’s common with those tubs or what . I made sure there was a decent size hole for the adhesive to come out .

I caulked the edges where it should caps from not sitting flush to the wall . Then apply two coating of whit semi-gloss paint by Vaslper . They were super happy with the finally result .

That job turned out really good. Nice idea for a homeowner on budget. In the end. It is all about the look. Not how it was achieved Most people wouldn’t know you never used wainscoting anyways.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

They were super happy with the finally result .

I guess they are happy. It looks great. Wow! They had the right person on that job.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

That job turned out really good. Nice idea for a homeowner on budget. In the end. It is all about the look. Not how it was achieved Most people wouldn’t know you never used wainscoting anyways.

Thanks …….. Yeah working with clients needs and budgets is key on certain projects .

They were super happy with the finally result .

I guess they are happy. It looks great. Wow! They had the right person on that job.

Thanks I’ve done a bunch of these types were it’s not a full wainscoting install on the walls . Once I bought the Collins clamps it was a game changer making the frames .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

On this job the homeowner wanted a wainscoting look but on a budget .

You did an excellent job Skillman. Those photos look fantastic. Hope the HO is happy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Wow beautiful work , definitely they must be happy ,
    I know , those colins clamps are fantastic , really nice work

You did an excellent job Skillman. Those photos look fantastic. Hope the HO is happy.

They were super happy with the finished product . They said there going to do there hallway and entry in the future .

Thanks ………. The Collins clamp really make the task super easy . I need to order more clamps . I can only make four frames now as the glue dries up in the 30 minute clamp time .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They were super happy with the finished product . They said there going to do there hallway and entry in the future .

Good deal future work and word of mouth advertising.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Thanks ………. The Collins clamp really make the task super easy . I need to order more clamps . I can only make four frames now as the glue dries up in the 30 minute clamp time .

Did you buy the bigger package with something like 13 clamps ,
    What did you do for painting , spray or just rolled and brush

Doobie

Nicely done! 👍

Thanks @Doobie sometimes simple and clean projects make the clients the happiest and you at the same time .

@Boschmanbrian
    I believe I got the four packs from woodcraft years ago . Do you know where they sell in bigger quantities . I rolled and brushed the white semi gloss on .

Thanks @Doobie sometimes simple and clean projects make the clients the happiest and you at the same time .

@Boschmanbrian
    I believe I got the four packs from woodcraft years ago . Do you know where they sell in bigger quantities . I rolled and brushed the white semi gloss on .

It looks awesome , it looks like you sprayed it , nice finish 👌

I think I bought mine from Atlas 🤷‍♂️ or Mississauga Hardware , I can always check ,
    I just checked , yeah it was Atlas tools

Did you buy the bigger package with something like 13 clamps ,

What did you do for painting , spray or just rolled and brush

Do you know where they sell the bigger box of clamps . I think they were box of 8 or so . The walls and trim were rolled and brushed .

Nicely done! 👍

Thanks……. Very pleased with the out come .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.326 seconds