dcsimg

Recall! Check Ur Gunn

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 4 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You will see here..
    “”The recall affects about 25,000 units in the U.S. and 300 units in Canada sold between May 2012 and May 2014 at independenthome improvement and building supply stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Walmart.com and Grainger.com. Made in Taiwan, the nailers retailed for about $300.“”
    That all these guns were sold through big box stores, just more proof that the big boxxes get sub-par tools manufactured just for them for the price point! That’s why I but from local tool shops!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

That all these guns were sold through big box stores, just more proof that the big boxxes get sub-par tools manufactured just for them for the price point! That’s why I but from local tool shops!

I don’t think that necessarily proves your point – it says building supply stores nationwide and includes amazon in the list, so I don’t think the recall is purely due to the Big Box Stores selling sub-par tools.

But that isn’t the main point: thanks for sharing this Dirty!

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

OK John I’ll stand corrected then. I thought that independenthome improvement and building supply was the name of a chain

Dirty

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Phew – my NR90AD is safe. I do think the box stores get ‘special’ models, I think special means cheapened.

I used to work for a food company when I was young that got in with Costco – worst thing that ever happened to them, pressure to get the prices lower and lower and before you know it they were pushed out of business all together. When they couldn’t get the price low enough after doing everything they could to get the product down lower in price – by that time they needed the big volume to survive and when it went away, so did they.

Anonymous

Dang, I hate double fires. My stapler does it a lot

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will have to check my gun, I have one of these., not sure if it is the recalled one or not.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I don’t think that necessarily proves your point – it says building supply stores nationwide and includes amazon in the list, so I don’t think the recall is purely due to the Big Box Stores selling sub-par tools.

But that isn’t the main point: thanks for sharing this Dirty!

So doing mass production instead of quality production isn’t a reason for tool (or anything) failure? Remember when you could buy something and it would be the last thing you ever bought of that type?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Remember when you could buy something and it would be the last thing you ever bought of that type?

Yea I remember. Both of my Hitachi framing guns are over 20 years old.

Dirty

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Thanks for the reminder.
    I forgot to check the model & serial number on ours.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks for the reminder.<br>
    I forgot to check the model & serial number on ours.

Well is it shooting 2 nails at once?

Dirty

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

not, yet…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No Worries then!

Dirty

Don’t have one of those guns but thanks for bringing this to BTP for folks to be on guard, Dirty. If anyone hears of something like this please post. You will be helping your fellow BTPers.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

ya until it shoot me in the hand.

I always wanted to try hitachi guns . The one I like was the coil framer . Don’t no why I never bought one . Besides this recall how you guys like hitachi air tools .

Always willing to learn .

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I always wanted to try hitachi guns . The one I like was the coil framer . Don’t no why I never bought one . Besides this recall how you guys like hitachi air tools .

I have the stick framer, 15ga, 18ga stapler and 23 pinner and they have all been great. Pretty light overall and reliable for me. The framer has a seal gone in the trigger, but it hasn’t bugged me enough to get it fixed yet.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

ya until it shoot me in the hand.

Every time I see a chick with one of those balls on her tongue All I can think about is have a tongue out on a 2×4 and shooting it with a framing gun.

Dirty

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Every time I see a chick with one of those balls on her tongue All I can think about is have a tongue out on a 2×4 and shooting it with a framing gun.

That’s weird, I’m not thinking that at all..

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s weird, I’m not thinking that at all..

Well what are you thinking then?

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.145 seconds