dcsimg

RANT of the DAY

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Seriously, it needs to stop. It’s been raining for a week and we still have a few days of it.

Just be glad it is not snow and ice. Think of how much would have accumulated.

at least with snow and ice i could be out on the sled when out of work

Doobie

Having to do 30 hours of continuing education every year to keep my certifications/licensing. Real PITA and frankly it rarely teaches me anything new doing them that I can use or that I tend to retain the knowledge of anyways. After 25 years, you would think they would exempt long timers. Unfortunately not! 🙁

Having to do 30 hours of continuing education every year to keep my certifications/licensing. Real PITA and frankly it rarely teaches me anything new doing them that I can use or that I tend to retain the knowledge of anyways. After 25 years, you would think they would exempt long timers. Unfortunately not! :(

Is most training a CYA for them or supposed to be real learning for you. Also wonder how much insurance plays into this

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I hate the mud!!! All of this rain is making me almost want snow.

Almost……

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

. I have seen a few men that it has ruined. Cant lift there arm’s above chest height now.

That is where I am at – my right arm doesn’t lift above my chest and the last 2 fingers on that hand are constantly numb.

Well that is true, but I couldn’t lift my arm above my chest before surgery

Jesus…I’m sorry to hear that Chad. I can’t imagine how that must effect your daily life. Hopefully you can get it corrected and recover quickly.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Seriously, it needs to stop. It’s been raining for a week and we still have a few days of it.

My almost 3 year old would appreciate some snow! We had about 2 inches back in October that melted overnight…and nothing since.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

. I have seen a few men that it has ruined. Cant lift there arm’s above chest height now.

That is where I am at – my right arm doesn’t lift above my chest and the last 2 fingers on that hand are constantly numb.

Jesus…I’m sorry to hear that Chad. I can’t imagine how that must effect your daily life. Hopefully you can get it corrected and recover quickly.

@ChadM same here..hate this for you, but Bill is right on the massage. If you can find someone that knows how to do the deep tissue massage correctly…I know it won’t help the bone to bone problem, but it can break up the inflammation surrounding it.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

While it is a PITA I have actually gotten used to it and have learned to cope. I have a couple 2′ and 4′ ladders that I use a lot, I have learned to use my left arm for a lot of things…Getting it corrected is something that will happen in the future but not anytime soon.

@Tarac, my chiropractor has a massage therapist in her office that does a great job. The massage helps but it doesn’t take long for the swelling/inflammation to return.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate the mud!!! All of this rain is making me almost want snow.

Almost……

My almost 3 year old would appreciate some snow! We had about 2 inches back in October that melted overnight…and nothing since.

I’m ready for the snow…for work and fun. By this time every prior year, I’ve got to snowboard 2, maybe 3 times by now….but this sloppy, wet, mud mess needs to go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChadM sorry you have to deal with it. Have you tried any of those braces with the magnets? I seen a few of the residents at the rehab center wearing them…not sure if they work.

While it is a PITA I have actually gotten used to it and have learned to cope. I have a couple 2′ and 4′ ladders that I use a lot, I have learned to use my left arm for a lot of things…Getting it corrected is something that will happen in the future but not anytime soon.

@Tarac, my chiropractor has a massage therapist in her office that does a great job. The massage helps but it doesn’t take long for the swelling/inflammation to return.

Oh man Chad, that sucks, sorry to hear about those pains, my two cents, I had an extremely sore shoulder about ten years ago, my old neighbors, she was studying kinesiology , she asked if I would like to try it, (I thought yeah she that’s gonna work) well to my amazement, it actually helped, mind you I only had two sessions, it came back again, I was going through a bottle of advil a week, the big bottle, anyway,, I have done physiotherapy and all that stuff, that’s not doing much, mind you I work many less hours I used to, and much less physical work, sorry for that, but maybe you can give that kinesiology a try, but you have to find a good person for that, good luck, hopefully you get some relief.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Oh man Chad, that sucks, sorry to hear about those pains, my two cents, I had an extremely sore shoulder about ten years ago, my old neighbors, she was studying kinesiology , she asked if I would like to try it, (I thought yeah she that’s gonna work) well to my amazement, it actually helped, mind you I only had two sessions, it came back again, I was going through a bottle of advil a week, the big bottle, anyway,, I have done physiotherapy and all that stuff, that’s not doing much, mind you I work many less hours I used to, and much less physical work, sorry for that, but maybe you can give that kinesiology a try, but you have to find a good person for that, good luck, hopefully you get some relief.

I have been thinking of trying the kinesiology tape, I have spoke with a few people that use it and they love the stuff, says it works wonders.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I have been thinking of trying the kinesiology tape, I have spoke with a few people that use it and they love the stuff, says it works wonders.

What kinesiology tape, that’s news to me. I had no idea they had that, ? I only had two sessions. , I have to say Chad, first when she was doing that to me, I was thinking yeah right this is not going to work, but like I said, I was pleasantly surprised, I will have to check that tape stuff out, if I do extensive work, then my shoulder starts to make crunching sounds, like something is grinding inside, plus very painful, thanks for that, and once again good luck to you.

Doobie

Having to do 30 hours of continuing education every year to keep my certifications/licensing. Real PITA and frankly it rarely teaches me anything new doing them that I can use or that I tend to retain the knowledge of anyways. After 25 years, you would think they would exempt long timers. Unfortunately not! :(

Is most training a CYA for them or supposed to be real learning for you. Also wonder how much insurance plays into this

I don’t really learn anything. Once in a while there is something that interests me and I’ll actually read some of the material. Most hours I log online doing the tests. I’ve got so much experience and knowledge in my field I just go straight to the exam and answer the questions and pass them 9 out of 10 times the first try. I’ve spent about 3-4 hours today doing them and have already choked up 16 hours of them worth towards the 30 hours I need. It’s such useless BS imo. Exercise in futility for the purpose of optics for the consumer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah if something goes wrong, they can say well he had the mandatory training, it ain’t on us, go talk to him.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yah if something goes wrong, they can say well he had the mandatory training, it ain’t on us, go talk to him.

That and staying current on any new techniques and regulations.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Fixing other peoples mistakes.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

isn’t that what you get paid to do? lol more they make mistakes the more job security you have no?

I have been sick since Christmas and it sucks. No energy to do much of anything and I am falling behind in projects.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Been the source of my income for years. But yeah I know what you mean.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘RANT of the DAY’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.155 seconds