dcsimg

RANT of the DAY

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I figured I’d start a thread where people can rant and rave about their grievances and peeves.

My father in law was persistant in wanting to paint our garage door and front door so he comes over early and starts doing it on my day off. I get up and help out, I was doing the front door while he did garage and he said he wanted to do the trim white as well. Awesome I thought…today I look at it and I basically have to do it all over cuz it’s not cut very well at all. It kinda makes me mad that I was in an awkward spot where I couldn’t tell him not to do it nor could I not help out and say to him “come over and fix this”. I feel like I’m cleaning someone else’s mess.

Thanks for listening, I feel better :)

At least he offered you help. Some family members won’t even do it. Next time you can give him a different kind of work/job which he can’t mess up

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

I hear you on the Father-in-law front, a few years back I was doing a small reno at home, and I laid tile in my back entrance way, so after laying all the tile and grouting all that I planned to, I cleaned up and left the grout to set. Enter my Father-in-law, he mistakenly interprets the areas where I did not grout, changes of plane, as a mistake on my part, and fills them in with grout, not thinking that I was planning to using a flexible caulk as an expansion joint. It hasn’t failed yet, but I am waiting for his helping out to cause more work for me, as I am by no means a professional tile setter.

W

Will

yellaD
    Pro

I totally agree that someone who’s eager to help is an awesome person, that’s why I couldn’t say or do anything except just deal with it. I wouldn’t want to curb his enthusiasm going forward, plus now it the doors are painted!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well today my father in law @58chev needed me to move a chair across the city to his place, so when I got there I had to raid his fridge and eat what I could find. All he had was Jalapeno stuff with feta. so salty.

well today my father in law @58chev needed me to move a chair across the city to his place, so when I got there I had to raid his fridge and eat what I could find. All he had was Jalapeno stuff with feta. so salty.

Ohhh man I love the feta, I grew up in a Greek neighborhood, and most of my childhood friends were Greek, some fricken good food. Marvens restaurant great calamari and souvlaki

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Ohhh man I love the feta, I grew up in a Greek neighborhood, and most of my childhood friends were Greek, some fricken good food. Marvens restaurant great calamari and souvlaki

I love Greek food. My uncle actually lives in Greece, he married a Greek woman when he was stationed there and stayed after he got out of the Air Force. I have been to Greece once when I was younger but I two of my Greek cousins live within an hour of me and Youngstown has a big Greek population.

My rant…..People who want something for nothing. Ine of my crews installed some replacement windows in this womans house yesterday, today she calls complaining that her clothes dryer wasn’t working right….Sent a guy out, it looked like she hadn’t cleaned the vent in years – it was full of lint.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

yellaD
    Pro

You’re a good man @chadm! You went to do windows and ended up fixing her laundry issue. Prolly took more time to come and troubleshoot then to clean out the lint! ARgh.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

People who want something for nothing. Ine of my crews installed some replacement windows in this womans house yesterday, today she calls complaining that her clothes dryer wasn’t working right….

We get that all time in auto repair. You changed tires yesterday and now my radio won’t work. You have to document everything before starting to work or they will blame you stuff that broke 6 months before you touched it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

People who want something for nothing. Ine of my crews installed some replacement windows in this womans house yesterday, today she calls complaining that her clothes dryer wasn’t working right….

We get that all time in auto repair. You changed tires yesterday and now my radio won’t work. You have to document everything before starting to work or they will blame you stuff that broke 6 months before you touched it.

A good friend of mine is the service manager at a Ford garage…we compare “you broke it” stories all the time. He gets some doozies.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Where’s da food thread??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Where’s da food thread??

I know my apologies, should not be talking about food in the rant thread, not sure what happened to it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

well today my father in law 58chev needed me to move a chair across the city to his place, so when I got there I had to raid his fridge and eat what I could find. All he had was Jalapeno stuff with feta. so salty.

Don’t you just hate it when the in laws come over and just help themselves? Especially when no one is home and you have to read about it online!

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

yellaD
    Pro

Oh man that’s not right, especially if he’s hating on your food selection. Prolly left dirty dishes too. 😛

My rant for today , I hate it when you hold the door open for some people, and they don’t even say thank you or even look at you, thats when I just say YOUR WELCOME .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Oh man that’s not right, especially if he’s hating on your food selection. Prolly left dirty dishes too. 😛

lol I did leave a fork, a dirty dirty fork. My only rants right now relate to my truck, every time i pass by the tailgate it just makes me annoyed. I should take a picture and show you guys but its not a blam in your face however if you look you can see it.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Here’s my rant for the day: it peeves me when I am driving a bunch of screws and the bit binds a little in the head of the screw. As soon as you go to lift the driver from the work, the bit comes loose from the head of the screw and drops, usually in tall grass or a pile of shavings or something.

Why can’t all bit holders have a little ring to grip the detents on an insert bit?

The 3 bit holders shown; 2 Apex with the ring and the other no name are examples of what I am talking about.

I feel better now.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attachments:
    jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

My rant for every day! FLAT HEAD SCREWS! I can’t stand them. The world should unite to rid of all flat head screws!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I agree! They have to be the worst. I have got to where I don’t even like Phillips screws anymore. They always round out and you can not loosen them.
    I always try to go square or torx now.
    The wood shutters on my house where put on with brass flat head screws and all rounded out. I had to drill the heads off several to get them out. Of course they were the ones high up.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Here’s my rant for the day: it peeves me when I am driving a bunch of screws and the bit binds a little in the head of the screw. As soon as you go to lift the driver from the work, the bit comes loose from the head of the screw and drops, usually in tall grass or a pile of shavings or something.

Why can’t all bit holders have a little ring to grip the detents on an insert bit?

The 3 bit holders shown; 2 Apex with the ring and the other no name are examples of what I am talking about.

I feel better now.

Locking bit holder. Dewalt makes a good one, and their pivot holder while doesn’t lock, hold bit in pretty damn tight.

Where’s da food thread??

no doubt, that was a sweet thread

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘RANT of the DAY’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.140 seconds