dcsimg

RANT of the DAY

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

I figured I’d start a thread where people can rant and rave about their grievances and peeves.

My father in law was persistant in wanting to paint our garage door and front door so he comes over early and starts doing it on my day off. I get up and help out, I was doing the front door while he did garage and he said he wanted to do the trim white as well. Awesome I thought…today I look at it and I basically have to do it all over cuz it’s not cut very well at all. It kinda makes me mad that I was in an awkward spot where I couldn’t tell him not to do it nor could I not help out and say to him “come over and fix this”. I feel like I’m cleaning someone else’s mess.

Thanks for listening, I feel better 🙂

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well he has good intentions, fix it and let him be happy to know that he helped. Just remember it next time he offers to help. :p

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is all part of family. I would just fix it. We are all professionals and perfectionists. It may look great in his eyes.
    I would say the next time he wants to do something you will have to beat him to it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I figured I’d start a thread where people can rant and rave about their grievances and peeves.

My father in law was persistant in wanting to paint our garage door and front door so he comes over early and starts doing it on my day off. I get up and help out, I was doing the front door while he did garage and he said he wanted to do the trim white as well. Awesome I thought…today I look at it and I basically have to do it all over cuz it’s not cut very well at all. It kinda makes me mad that I was in an awkward spot where I couldn’t tell him not to do it nor could I not help out and say to him “come over and fix this”. I feel like I’m cleaning someone else’s mess.

Thanks for listening, I feel better :)

Just tell him hes fired !! 🙂

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the “rant” thread. It’s a good idea to have a place to just vent. Sometimes it helps to simply express a gripe.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is hard to complain about the help when it is free. My father helps me out on occasion and if I don’t like how it turned out, I just fix it my way later. In most cases, I am still further ahead with the help.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@YellaD It does sounds like he is trying be positive about your home. As hard as it is on your day off, at least you knew you had to get up and go out and complete it together. Time well spent.

BTW – @r-ice rocked that Nest sell

A Working Pro since 2004

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yesterday being told my framing was really sloppy…. nothing is flush on the outside…. no its not because its perfectly flush on the inside of the exterior walls.. the goddman plate material is 5/16″ narrower than the studs

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It is hard to complain about the help when it is free.

Sometimes “help” is more of a hindrance. I’m the kind of guy who’d rather do everything myself because I know how I want something to turn out than trust someone else to do it and end up fixing it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

KenW
    Pro

A rant topic.. this should get interesting to say the least. Where to start LOL

yellaD
    Pro

You actually have a real beef, @jkirk. 😛

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

How do I get expenses that are 3 months old? Some “yes we will look into it.

Maybe sick my wife on his wife ?

Doobie

I don’t let people ‘Help’ with squat unless they are way much qualified beyond me and I trust them. Rarely happens. Most ‘helpers’ are duncels, and many ‘know-it-alls’ know squat.

Do it yourself. or get excellent references!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Sometimes “help” is more of a hindrance. I’m the kind of guy who’d rather do everything myself because I know how I want something to turn out than trust someone else to do it and end up fixing it.

I’m the same way.

I don’t let people ‘Help’ with squat unless they are way much qualified beyond me and I trust them. Rarely happens. Most ‘helpers’ are duncels, and many ‘know-it-alls’ know squat.

Also, have the same mentality, unless I know and trust the person doing the work. I do it myself.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Man…then you have to pay the guy more than you pay yourself! This is the exact reason I started learning how to do all of these things years ago. Why pay someone else when I can do it myself?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man…then you have to pay the guy more than you pay yourself! This is the exact reason I started learning how to do all of these things years ago. Why pay someone else when I can do it myself?

That has been my thinking. Why pay someone to do what I should ether know how to do or need to learn.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That has been my thinking. Why pay someone to do what I should ether know how to do or need to learn.

because like my situation with the railings, they have better wholesale prices for the aluminum railings and can buy them and install them cheaper than I could obtain them.

@cranbrook2 haha that’s funny John, I was thinking that same thing. Of course joking.

Played hockey last week, landed on my chest Bruised ribs, then when I went to pick up my Husky compressor at H D it was on the shelve at head height, no one around, was in a hurry, pulled it down, think I twisted my back, and hip, then Saturday when the car didn’t start, had to push the car by myself, that doesn’t help the back aches of hip and ribs, but aside from that, I’m doing good that was my rant.

Now some advil and my coffee, and back to work.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I can’t stand people that get on the bus and stand in front of doors/exits. Yeah it makes it easier for you to get off at your stop but more difficult for everyone else. Also people that play music on their phone speakers for the whole bus to hear.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I feel like I’m cleaning someone else’s mess.

I do it all the time… it’s what I do.

yesterday being told my framing was really sloppy…. nothing is flush on the outside…. no its not because its perfectly flush on the inside of the exterior walls.. the goddman plate material is 5/16″ narrower than the studs

You’re a hack!!! lol.. I’ve been there too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘RANT of the DAY’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.671 seconds