dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I get so PO’d when BTP is not working.

LOL you beat me to it..

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

shared driveways can be a pain. We have two cares, our neighbors have 4 and plenty of visitors. They help out pretty good, he has a quad with a plow, I have the blower. My only complaint is they drive on my side to bring cars in and out. I just hate when they do that before the driveway is cleared

Had a carpenter in putting barn wood faux beams in…. nice work

He was set up in the garage. Guess he decided to use my vac without telling me.

He was nice enough to toss the bag, and kept using it without one. My pristine hepa grade filter was caked solid when I went to use it and the inside of the vac was full and filthy.

I am anal about always using a bag, and keeping my filter perfect. Always use the DD in front of it too. He did not.

Took a while to blow everything out and get it clean again

yellaD
    Pro

Uhh, did anyone notice BTP was down today? 😛

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Get Off My Lawn!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

He was nice enough to toss the bag, and kept using it without one. My pristine hepa grade filter was caked solid when I went to use it and the inside of the vac was full and filthy.

I am anal about always using a bag, and keeping my filter perfect. Always use the DD in front of it too. He did not.

Yah I’d be pretty pissed that someone would do that. It’s like asking to borrow your knife to use it as a screw driver.

Doobie

Uhh, did anyone notice BTP was down today? 😛

Nope! It was offline, but BTP is never ‘down’! 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’d be pretty PO’d also. @Montreal_Medic, Is he done or is he coming back? If he’s back, I’m sure you will let him know how unhappy you are about him using your Vac.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh man that is too bad but glad you got it all cleaned up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I’d be pretty PO’d also. @Montreal_Medic, Is he done or is he coming back? If he’s back, I’m sure you will let him know how unhappy you are about him using your Vac.

He’s done.

Besides the vac, he worked well and fast. The end result is really nice

Im gonna let it go

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Profile Pics,,,,,,,closeups of peoples face,,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

He’s done.

Im gonna let it go

lol but i guess you won’t call him back next time you have a job for him.

He’s done.

Im gonna let it go

lol but i guess you won’t call him back next time you have a job for him.

Strangely enough, I will

He worked very well, anticipated issues and offered options, and came in under a very defendable contingency. (he spoke through all that might happen, and what each would mean, and why the contingency was almost 100% of the base quote. In the end, he went over base by less than 5%)

He cleaned up well in the house, showed up on time, and came back the next day for a few small touchups once everything was dry and set. Even left me the good scraps for projects (in a neat stack in the corner)

Next time, I will just tell him where the spare bags are and suggest he use the DD as well.

I was annoyed, but his work and work ethic are excellent.

redwood
    Pro

Strangely enough, I will

He worked very well, anticipated issues and offered options, and came in under a very defendable contingency. (he spoke through all that might happen, and what each would mean, and why the contingency was almost 100% of the base quote. In the end, he went over base by less than 5%)

He cleaned up well in the house, showed up on time, and came back the next day for a few small touchups once everything was dry and set. Even left me the good scraps for projects (in a neat stack in the corner)

Next time, I will just tell him where the spare bags are and suggest he use the DD as well.

Well that speaks volumes for your overall satisfaction.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Strangely enough, I will

Good work is good work, and Ive had so many issues with incompetence over the years that this one wasnt a big deal

I understand (dont like, but understand) seeing a vac plugged in and deciding to use it to clean up. I dont understand taking out a full bag and deciding to keep using the vac without one.

But, I guess all of us have lapses on occasion.

The work is really good, and my wife is happy (which makes me happy)

Strangely enough, I will

Good work is good work, and Ive had so many issues with incompetence over the years that this one wasnt a big deal

I understand (dont like, but understand) seeing a vac plugged in and deciding to use it to clean up. I dont understand taking out a full bag and deciding to keep using the vac without one.

Looks really nice, and like you mentioned, the wife’s happy, so not more to ask for 😉

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Get Off My Lawn!!!

LOL!!!

My rant today is people who live in a part of the country that experiences icy roads frequently in the winter who, every year, completely forget how to drive on icy roads….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Looks good Eric, I guess if you and your wife are happy. Then that’s all that matters and if the need arises and you have to call him back for other work. You know that he will do a good job.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

redwood
    Pro

My rant today is people who live in a part of the country that experiences icy roads frequently in the winter who, every year, completely forget how to drive on icy roads….

@ChadM

So I’m new to this icy road thing. Other then slow down, how do you drive in this stuff.

Xmas eve I was going to have everyone at my place, but we got a foot of snow and no one else had 4 wheel drive. So we moved the party to a ice free location and I had to drive. My first time using my truck in 4 wheel drive. Yeah amazing right. I got caught in a chain of vehicles driving down the hiway at 15 MPH. I was actually somewhat OK with that. As it was we passed 2 vehicles that had spun out.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@redwood, slowing down is a big part of it. Remembering that it will take you a much longer distance to safely stop and being able to drive through a spin are important.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.668 seconds