dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 472 total)
  • Author

It was posted on the Bosch Tools NA page…what’s the big deal? As a society we get our panties in a bunch over the silliest things…I agree with the picture. If I was Canadian and the picture had the same words but with the Canadian flag I would agree too…nothing wrong with pride in your country.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

It was posted on the Bosch Tools NA page…what’s the big deal? As a society we get our panties in a bunch over the silliest things…I agree with the picture. If I was Canadian and the picture had the same words but with the Canadian flag I would agree too…nothing wrong with pride in your country.

Absolutely. Any man will respect the customs of the house they are in or Country he is in. If it isn’t what you like get out, your not a fricking baby in a crib. If you stay, then man up and be respectful. Seems like common sense, but then again like Ben Franklin said, “Common sense isn’t always common”. but then again he was only one of founding fathers

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Ok, ok. Since someone on the Bosch Tools Facebook page felt that was an appropriate venue for a politically polarizing picture that Facebook page may be the best place to continue this conversation.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

deleted, your correct @ChadM My apologies

A Working Pro since 2004

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I wonder what the insurance company has to say about you parking on (or in) a lake? I don’t think my truck would be parked on a lake no matter how thick the ice.

I don’t think insurance should cover stupidity 🙂

cranbrook2
    Pro

Not a rant exactly, but this showed up in my news feed this morning. Pretty bush league stuff. C’Mon Bosch, you’re better than this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1124645124236216&id=158844704149601

Yes you’re right. This is a great symbol of pride!!

That’s right. Just let me know if any of you need my help packing.

If it was a picture of Donald Trump it would offend me. 😛

Are you referring to President Trump ? 🙂

Not a rant exactly, but this showed up in my news feed this morning. Pretty bush league stuff. C’Mon Bosch, you’re better than this.

Are you referring to President Trump ? :-)

Your right Chad, sorry I stated my rant on an inapropiate forum. will respect the no politic issue

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why??? Do you have a problem with freedom of speech??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

First it’s a coversation going south on the disabled, now it’s politics with a hint of religion. All that’s left is guns and sex and we will have tread over all the taboos and this otherwise fun thread will get locked down and everybody will be crying over spilt milk. 🙁

Did I mention how I hate milk bags…. 😉

…..duckin’ n’ runnin’. 🙂

cranbrook2
    Pro

My rant for today is the music being played at the super bowl halftime , Whats up with that ? :-O
    Do football fans really listen to this stuff ?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

First it’s a coversation going south on the disabled, now it’s politics with a hint of religion. All that’s left is guns and sex and we will have tread over all the taboos and this otherwise fun thread will get locked down and everybody will be crying over spilt milk. :(

…..duckin’ n’ runnin’. :)

Quite true, this thread is on the verge of being closed. Let’s get it away from politics and back to non contentious topics before that happens.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

My rant for today is the music being played at the super bowl halftime , Whats up with that ? :-O

It is more about creating a spectacle than it is about making great music. TV is visual, so that becomes more important than how it sounds.

First it’s a coversation going south on the disabled, now it’s politics with a hint of religion. All that’s left is guns and sex and we will have tread over all the taboos and this otherwise fun thread will get locked down and everybody will be crying over spilt milk. :(

…..duckin’ n’ runnin’. :)

Very well , and creatively said.

Doobie

It is more about creating a spectacle than it is about making great music. TV is visual, so that becomes more important than how it sounds.

My 12 yo and my wife enjoyed it. Me, not so much. Didn’t know any of them or their songs except for knowing who Beyonce was.

Wish they would get Rush to perform although I heard a few months ago that Neil Peart is retiring.

cranbrook2
    Pro

My 12 yo and my wife enjoyed it. Me, not so much. Didn’t know any of them or their songs except for knowing who Beyonce was.

Wish they would get Rush to perform although I heard a few months ago that Neil Peart is retiring.

Exactly ! I think it would be a much better show if they had some real rock bands playing once in a while 🙂

Doobie

Exactly ! I think it would be a much better show if they had some real rock bands playing once in a while

Thing is John, it’s not today’s music the younger people AND their corresponding advertising sponsors want to hear. Seeing as most rockers are getting real old or dying, chances of seeing much more rock for halftime shows is getting pretty slim.

I mean look at who they’ve been letting into the Rock n Roll HOF. Grammy winning crap groups of decades ago. Betcha crap like Michael Bolton and Katrina and the Waves get in before long. 😠

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Exactly ! I think it would be a much better show if they had some real rock bands playing once in a while

A number of rock bands have played the half time show…Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Springsteen, and Tom Petty that I can recall.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I sure don’t.

I do have to say Lady Gaga did an awesome job.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Ok, here is a good rant. What’s up with GPS directions that take you into the nevernever land, are farther and take longer.

I went to watch the Super Bowl with my son’s about 2 hours away, at my ex’s house. The first time I used the GPS to go there, it took me on a drive that actually scared me. Narrow winding roads, with cliffs and nothing around for miles. I eventually got to my destination, shaking. Now I know the way and it’s very easy, shorter, and faster. Yet my GPS still wants me to go the other way.

I checked the time and the distance, as soon as I deviated from the GPS directions, and both went down considerable after I went off course.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

You’re not the first to experience that Mark. In fact for some, it was their last. There are true stories of people in their gps guided vehicles led to their demise.

Glad to hear you didn’t become a statistic Mark! ☺

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.529 seconds