dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 472 total)
  • Author

There are definitely people that need the cards they have been issued. And there is several that flat out abuse the cards they have received.
    Like when you see the person issued a card walking around a store for 30 minutes or longer do they really deserve that card?

I can agree with you that looks really bad but again the doctors have years of training of which we don’t have, some days that guy might be feeling really energetic but other days he may feel like dying after a few steps so i try not to judge based on incomplete knowledge as i do know those who need to use these spots. I also know people who give out tickets and confiscate abused accessible parking permits, no one knows about it as no one here i guess have known someone to get charged for it.

But isn’t he abusing his privilege the days he feels good???

no because you never know how conditions are, they can deteriorate at any point. He may feel good (i keep using he but he or she ) at that time but it could change on a dime, i mean we are all pretty much fortunate that we don’t have conditions like this.

Come on rice, you know Dirty and Ron are referring to the scumbags in life. And if DR’s were that infallible we wouldn’t be paying out the backside because of jerks collecting disability and out doing roof jobs on the side. Handicapped sticker are given out or acquired way to easily at times. Other times they are given out because of short term needs but the jerks abuse it.

It’s no skin off my nose with the following but you want to yell “How stupid can you be?” A large local lake on the southern border of WI had 15 cars break through the ice yesterday. We had a week of above or barely freezing weather. They park the vehicles together on the ice and the ice breaks with all going in. All I can say is “Duh!”

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s no skin off my nose with the following but you want to yell “How stupid can you be?” A large local lake on the southern border of WI had 15 cars break through the ice yesterday. We had a week of above or barely freezing weather. They park the vehicles together on the ice and the ice breaks with all going in. All I can say is “Duh!”

you mean this photo?

View post on imgur.com

There are definitely people that need the cards they have been issued. And there is several that flat out abuse the cards they have received.
    Like when you see the person issued a card walking around a store for 30 minutes or longer do they really deserve that card?

I can agree with you that looks really bad but again the doctors have years of training of which we don’t have, some days that guy might be feeling really energetic but other days he may feel like dying after a few steps so i try not to judge based on incomplete knowledge as i do know those who need to use these spots. I also know people who give out tickets and confiscate abused accessible parking permits, no one knows about it as no one here i guess have known someone to get charged for it.

But isn’t he abusing his privilege the days he feels good???

no because you never know how conditions are, they can deteriorate at any point. He may feel good (i keep using he but he or she ) at that time but it could change on a dime, i mean we are all pretty much fortunate that we don’t have conditions like this.

Come on rice, you know Dirty and Ron are referring to the scumbags in life. And if DR’s were that infallible we wouldn’t be paying out the backside because of jerks collecting disability and out doing roof jobs on the side. Handicapped sticker are given out or acquired way to easily at times. Other times they are given out because of short term needs but the jerks abuse it.

Exactly!! It is unfortunate that those who abuse it taint the entire system for those who really need it. Oh well…I only have my conscious to worry about. If guys want to “justify” getting a placard and they can convince their doctor they need one that’s on them.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RyanF
    Pro

Not a rant exactly, but this showed up in my news feed this morning. Pretty bush league stuff. C’Mon Bosch, you’re better than this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1124645124236216&id=158844704149601

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Exactly!! It is unfortunate that those who abuse it taint the entire system for those who really need it. Oh well…I only have my conscious to worry about. If guys want to “justify” getting a placard and they can convince their doctor they need one that’s on them.

Well said Andrew! And that is probably a good place to stop the conversation before things become too heated. Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion…even if that opinion is wrong.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

PI_Woodworker wrote:

you mean this photo?

Yessir. 5 vehicles were saved. 10 considered totaled. I wonder how much it adds up to in the end including the cost of retrieving the vehicles.

To fuch mucking stuff lol, can’t believe the amount of stuff we have in our house, if we could just use the basis, we could probably live in a much smaller house 🙁
    But of course I would still keep my Bosch tools, 🙂

Doobie

To fuch mucking stuff lol, can’t believe the amount of stuff we have in our house, if we could just use the basis, we could probably live in a much smaller house :(
    But of course I would still keep my Bosch tools, :)

We’re all like that. George Carlin said it best with his “Too much Stuff” stand up routine/rant. Lol!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I wonder what the insurance company has to say about you parking on (or in) a lake? I don’t think my truck would be parked on a lake no matter how thick the ice.

To fuch mucking stuff lol, can’t believe the amount of stuff we have in our house, if we could just use the basis, we could probably live in a much smaller house :(
    But of course I would still keep my Bosch tools, :)

We’re all like that. George Carlin said it best with his “Too much Stuff” stand up routine/rant. Lol!

That was a classic Carlin rant!

There is no cure for stupidity.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Not a rant exactly, but this showed up in my news feed this morning. Pretty bush league stuff. C’Mon Bosch, you’re better than this.

Yes you’re right. This is a great symbol of pride!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

just wow but its facebook so i wont let it get to me that much

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What part gets to you????

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

you mean this photo?

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-gDST0yj-true-422″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/gDST0yj/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Frant-of-the-day-vol-2%2Fpage%2F22%2F&w=422&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-gDST0yj” style=”height: 500px; width: 422px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

How about idiots that are snowmobiling over the thin ice this year and to boot doing it drunk.

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I found it a little weird to see that post also but didn’t think much of it afterwords. From the comments, it seems to have gotten some of Bosch community upset.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s right. Just let me know if any of you need my help packing.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

If it was a picture of Donald Trump it would offend me. 😛

A Working Pro since 2004

What is the problem. Talked to folks from all over that feel this way. Not sure many like when someone comes to your state, area (rural or city), or Country and want to criticize it and change it. To be honest I’m a little upset that Bosch isn’t saying something in defense. I wouldn’t expect anyone from any other country to not feel this way.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.935 seconds