dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Finall

My rant for today is UPS or fedex dropping packages at the door and not even ringing the doorbell

My UPS guy is really good, but the rest of the delivery guys in my area are awful for tagging and running.

My ups guy doesn’t care if it says sign for anything and just ditches the box at the door. My neighborhood is pretty decent so its fairly safe but.. Still

Doobie

Finall

My rant for today is UPS or fedex dropping packages at the door and not even ringing the doorbell

My UPS guy is really good, but the rest of the delivery guys in my area are awful for tagging and running.

My ups guy doesn’t care if it says sign for anything and just ditches the box at the door. My neighborhood is pretty decent so its fairly safe but.. Still

my UPS guy never actually asks for signatures. He just leaves them at the front door, but at least he rings the doorbell before scooting off. Other guys who deliver who need signatures sometimes don’t even knock or bring the package up to the door. They just leave the tag saying I gotta go pick it up sometimes. It’s infuriating when that happens and I was home all along. Those guys are lazy sods and should should be fired.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Finall

my UPS guy never actually asks for signatures. He just leaves them at the front door, but at least he rings the doorbell before scooting off. Other guys who deliver who need signatures sometimes don’t even knock or bring the package up to the door. They just leave the tag saying I gotta go pick it up sometimes. It’s infuriating when that happens and I was home all along. Those guys are lazy sods and should should be fired.

Doobie, That’s when you need a camera setup to show that they don’t even attempt to contact. I hate when that happens.
    Even worse is being told one day that the package is going to be delivered the next day only to find out it never even made it on the truck.
    I’m still waiting for my Axial to get here, they now tell me Monday.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my rant is my lazy useless neighbor.. on tuesday we were hit with 25 cms of snow.. i spent roughly 2.5 hrs cleaning up the mess.. the driveway is shared per say.. i cleaned my side.. that night he came out and simply brushed the snowoff his cars and all the mess was on myhalf of hte driveway again.. had to shovel again…..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

my rant is my lazy useless neighbor.. on tuesday we were hit with 25 cms of snow.. i spent roughly 2.5 hrs cleaning up the mess.. the driveway is shared per say.. i cleaned my side.. that night he came out and simply brushed the snowoff his cars and all the mess was on myhalf of hte driveway again.. had to shovel again…..

We shared a drive years ago when we owned a duplex. Between us, our tenants, and the neighbors, we had 6 cars to deal with. Everyone did there part and it worked out well. I know most have not had it so well in dealing with this.

I have a neighbour (actually, one next to me, one across from me) like that. Don’t share a driveway, so snow isn’t an issue, but their un-raked leaves blow onto my lawn for weeks after the last tree drops.

Wish everyone just pitched in

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We have some of those neighbors that won’t clean the leaves up.
    Actually the don’t do much of any yard work. The one next to me put their house for sale! yippy! A very young couple and have never seen anyone so lazy!
    The other thing that happens here is people have their drives plowed when it snows and they push it all across the street and in my yard.
    The snow isn’t so bad but I always end up cleaning gravel and whatever else they push over here and no one ever offers to help.

We have some of those neighbors that won’t clean the leaves up.
    Actually the don’t do much of any yard work. The one next to me put their house for sale! yippy! A very young couple and have never seen anyone so lazy!
    The other thing that happens here is people have their drives plowed when it snows and they push it all across the street and in my yard.
    The snow isn’t so bad but I always end up cleaning gravel and whatever else they push over here and no one ever offers to help.

That sucks. We all have a driveway snow clearing service on my street, but its a blower, so my snow ends up on my land, and theirs stays with them

As for leaves, some rake an bag, some just mulch.
    These two neighbours actually rake, but they just leave the piles in place to be blown apart. Would make less mess to just leave them where they fall

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have found the young and able people are the worst and lazy.
    The older people keep up with the lawn chores.
    Why would you leave piles of leaves? It would kill the grass also.

I have found the young and able people are the worst and lazy.
    The older people keep up with the lawn chores.
    Why would you leave piles of leaves? It would kill the grass also.

The guy across the road is the useless variety of 50-something divorced guy. The ones next to us are in their late 20s or early 30s – don’t know who is lazier.

redwood
    Pro

Careful how you stereotype folks.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Emphasis on “the useless variety”

🙂

Some are sad sacks, no matter the situation- and need someone else to crack the whip

Doobie

That’s not right. Pretty inconsiderate.

redwood
    Pro

Emphasis on “the useless variety”

:)

Some are sad sacks, no matter the situation- and need someone else to crack the whip

No problem, just wanted to keep this in perspective. I’m a 60’s something divorced guy and I am much lazier then I used to be, but I probably still out work most around here. Not to say that any of them are lazy. You can’t live where I do and be too lazy.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I was just saying the young ones that live by me. Not everyone.
    Man so touchy.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This head cold that I have is just not letting me get a good nights sleep. Been going on now for just over a week. Can’t even get a nap in during the day. I’ll be half in the bag tomorrow sitting at my desk.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

This head cold that I have is just not letting me get a good nights sleep. Been going on now for just over a week. Can’t even get a nap in during the day. I’ll be half in the bag tomorrow sitting at my desk.

Hope you’re feeling better soon Frank. My throat has been on and off sore the last day or so. While I don’t feel sick otherwise, I hope it’s not my second cold of the season coming on.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hope you’re feeling better soon Frank. My throat has been on and off sore the last day or so. While I don’t feel sick otherwise, I hope it’s not my second cold of the season coming on.

ThanX, two nights ago my throat was so dry it kept me up most of the night. I think it was the Buckleys nighttime I was taking that completely dried up the mucus. I haven’t had any since then and my throat is feeling better but my head wants to explode.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ThanX, two nights ago my throat was so dry it kept me up most of the night. I think it was the Buckleys nighttime I was taking that completely dried up the mucus. I haven’t had any since then and my throat is feeling better but my head wants to explode.

well its a good thing i was working the weekend, i don’t want what you have lol. drink some more water. I got the flu shot this year and knock on wood it seems to be working.

redwood
    Pro

I get so PO’d when BTP is not working.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.411 seconds