dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

What’s so hard to deal with them.

Hard to tell when you buy them whether you are buying a bag set with a slow leaker inside til you get home or open the bag much later on.

You can’t run them up anything sharp or you can get a knick in them that is not always apparent and slow leaking itself into a mess to be discovered much later. Cleaning leaked milk in a fridge is not one of my fun things to do.

Sometimes when pouring you can get a dribble leak down the side of the milk bag into the plastic holding container that will create a pouring mess later when you are pouring and the hard plastic bag holder is now in a decant position allowing the dribble that is in the bottom to come pouring out all over the f’in table.

The top sometimes collapses on you while pouring which can make another mess.

The bags are too small in themselves. Seems I’m constantly changing the bag. We drink a lot of milk in our house.

The bags always have a bit left in them that can leak out after their tossed in the garbage and by the time garbage day comes along, my garbage bag stinks.

My wife cuts the holes too small and my 12 yo cuts them way too big!

You have to wash your scissors after cutting them as they otherwise get gunked up over time of not rinsing them each time with dried milk on the blade and don’t cut properly.

The bigger bag that holds the smaller bags in the fridge cannot be stood up to save space easily or just be placed anywhere.

The way the milk comes out of the bag into the glass if not executed properly will create a splash when adding to a glass that still has some milk left in it that you have to clean from your table or counter.

Need I go on? I feel I’m just getting started. 😉

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I buy milk in a carton…organic stuff that costs more than a gallon of the regular milk.

Wow you are paying over 5$ a gallon??? Why?

It’s about $4 for a half gallon of organic milk. A whole gallon of the “regular” kind ranges from $2.75 to $3.50.

Milk is MUCH cheaper in the Midwest than it is in Hawaii!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Ranting on vehicles. So far this year, my wife has had her car in twice, and now mine is in for the second time also. Back in December, I also had work done to my van as well. Looks like I blew a heater hose fitting. At least we have been close to home or repair shops each time. Did pay for one tow truck though.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Might be time to get a new one Warren. I have a good mechanic if you ever need someone . I went to school with him and he is honest and won’t rip you off like some of them do.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Might be time to get a new one Warren. I have a good mechanic if you ever need someone . I went to school with him and he is honest and won’t rip you off like some of them do.

I ended up taking my van to a mechanic within sight distance from where it overheated, Didn’t want to risk driving it much farther. I have been casually looking for my next van. I bought my current one last year and it was intended to just get me by until I found what I wanted. I am looking at one tomorrow.

@Doobie ssoooo is it a rant

Definitely a rant! Hate milk bags! 😠

Only milk bags I have ever seen is the udder of the cow. Think Ill stick with our cartons on this one.

That is funny. No way I would like milk in a bag. Ours comes in a plastic jug. How do you get them home without breaking them open?
    Any one else remember when milk came in glass jugs? Then the cardboard cartons.

Yep I do. The milk man delivered the glass bottles to our door twice a week.

Lived with my grandparents and remember milk and Charley Chips (potato chips) that were delivered in the neighborhood

redwood
    Pro

I’m surprise some of you youngsters remember milk deliveries. They stopped where I live when I was a young-in.
    The deliveries must have carried on longer in other areas.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The plumbing section at the box store…it’s a freaking mess. Nothing is where it is supposed to be and the employees can’t even find parts in the mess.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I’m surprise some of you youngsters remember milk deliveries. They stopped where I live when I was a young-in.
    The deliveries must have carried on longer in other areas.

Same here, but I will be 58 in a few .Vauge, but good memories.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I buy milk in a carton…organic stuff that costs more than a gallon of the regular milk.

Wow you are paying over 5$ a gallon??? Why?

It’s about $4 for a half gallon of organic milk. A whole gallon of the “regular” kind ranges from $2.75 to $3.50.

Milk is MUCH cheaper in the Midwest than it is in Hawaii!

Yea we pay 5$ a gallon out here WIC is a great thing for some people.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The plumbing section at the box store…it’s a freaking mess. Nothing is where it is supposed to be and the employees can’t even find parts in the mess.

Thats generally how i remember rona, now that lowes has bought them i wonder if it will be cleaned up.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

lowes has bought them i wonder if it will be cleaned up.

Depends on their strategy. Sometimes the buying company leaves the store branded under its original name, other times they rebrand. If they rebrand then every store will be upgraded to the Lowes corporate look.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Depends on their strategy. Sometimes the buying company leaves the store branded under its original name, other times they rebrand. If they rebrand then every store will be upgraded to the Lowes corporate look.

My Rona kind of sucks, so Im glad of the news

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thats generally how i remember rona, now that lowes has bought them i wonder if it will be cleaned up.

I doubt it. I was referring to Lowes in my post. Their plumbing section is infuriating. Pull about any PEX fitting out of a bin and a to probably going to be wrong. Same for compression fittings.

PVC stuff is better, but he smaller the fitting, the more likely at the box is full of incorrect parts. It’s just laughable really. I walk into the store and see 5 employees about 50′ inside the door just chatting…typically see this somewhere in the store. If their manager had a pair, he’d make them get back to work and organize something.

If I only need plumbing stuff, I go elsewhere. Typically that’s not the case though. I’ll grab things from several departments, making it impractical to shop at dedicated specialty stores.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Hey Eric, have you ever been to the one on St Charles,
    I know the one out near my mom’s in brossard is huge, and carry a fair amount of Bosch 😉 just to far 🙁

Hey Eric, have you ever been to the one on St Charles,
    I know the one out near my mom’s in brossard is huge, and carry a fair amount of Bosch 😉 just to far :(

Regularly. Not happy with it… so much pine and melamine… so little useful gear

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

No Ronas around here. I avoid the plumbing section as much as possible. I always feel lost there. About the only thing I grab is sharkbites.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

It is the idiots that are buying stuff that don’t put the parts back in the right place. I always double check everything as I grab it to be sure it is right. I find around here if I go to the stores that are slower they are more in order. We have a Lowes and HD that are always very busy and nothing stays stocked.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

New rant….Parking!

If you can’t get it between the lines, buy a smaller car! Also, parking slightly diagonally into a handicap spot is right out!

While I am on it. The handicap spots are so the person listed on it can go into the store with greater ease. Not so the disabled person can sit in the car and wait while the able bodied person runs in for a half hour.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.569 seconds