dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

While I don’t believe they have the same for milk in the US, one thing we have here in Canada is our milk is primarily sold in bags.

I HATE MILK BAGS!!!!!!

I’d like to kick in the arse the jackass who came up with this idea!

This nice young lady kinda sums things up a bit in this YT video.

But even better is this clip from 30 Rock where Alex Baldwin says it so well….

I laughed my head off some years ago now when I watched that episode and he said that. Sadly, it is the only time I have ever laughed in regards to anything to do with milk bags.

Wait a minute….that’s not entirely true. We used to have milk bag throwing fights in the back room of the grocery store I used to work in when I was a teenager that lent itself to some laughs when someone would have a bag explode all over them. That was funny….as long as you weren’t the one getting soaked in milk. lol!

@Doobie ssoooo is it a rant, or was it kinda funny lol

Doobie

@Doobie ssoooo is it a rant

Definitely a rant! Hate milk bags! 😠

redwood
    Pro

I had never even heard of milk bags. I would rant on them as well. The girl explained things quite well. She did say that you have a choice to buy cartons, is that correct Kevin.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is funny. No way I would like milk in a bag. Ours comes in a plastic jug. How do you get them home without breaking them open?
    Any one else remember when milk came in glass jugs? Then the cardboard cartons.

You end up buying milk in bags because the bags which contain 4l are only a few cents more than the cartons that only hold 2l. To the point that it is better to throw one of the three bags out that come in a pack than to buy a 2l carton.

Unless you go to Mac’s Milk, then you can buy a 4l plastic jug. There is a deposit on the jug to make sure you bring it back.

Yes, I remember glass milk containers sealed with a pog (the little waxy cardboard disc). I also remember it being delivered to the door.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That is funny. No way I would like milk in a bag. Ours comes in a plastic jug. How do you get them home without breaking them open?
    Any one else remember when milk came in glass jugs? Then the cardboard cartons.

Yep I do. The milk man delivered the glass bottles to our door twice a week.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I buy milk in a carton…organic stuff that costs more than a gallon of the regular milk.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I buy in a carton or a glass bottle – haven’t seen bagged milk in stores since I was a kid.

Doobie

I had never even heard of milk bags. I would rant on them as well. The girl explained things quite well. She did say that you have a choice to buy cartons, is that correct Kevin.

It is, but as somebody else pointed out cost wise they ‘milk’ you on them. 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I buy milk in a carton…organic stuff that costs more than a gallon of the regular milk.

Wow you are paying over 5$ a gallon??? Why?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Any one else remember when milk came in glass jugs?

Yup, there was a local dairy that did home delivery of milk in glass jars until 2002 or 2003. The dairy is still in business and you can go to the farm and buy glass bottles of milk still but home delivery was just getting too expensive. The store at the farm is pretty convenient – they sell milk and eggs there and it basically open 24 hours. There is usually someone there until 5 or so but after that the door stays unlocked and purchases are on the honor system – prices are on the wall and there is a slot to drop your money in.

That was kind of an anti-rant lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

You Canadians have some odd stuff you have to deal with…lol! Milk bags…ha!

Seriously though we did used to get milk in bags like that when I was a kid. It was only for a short time though. I also remember getting milk delivered in glass bottles to the door. There was a metal box the milk man would take the empties out of and put in the new bottles.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve never seen milk in a bag but have seen the wine in a bag inside of a box.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

We have those too and are not a problem to deal with. Milk bags are a PITA.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

We have those too and are not a problem to deal with. Milk bags are a PITA.

What’s so hard to deal with them. I guess growing up with them I didn’t have s problem with it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I buy in a carton or a glass bottle – haven’t seen bagged milk in stores since I was a kid.

In Ontario, Milk in a bag is the norm. I am surprised that in Quebec you don’t see it in bags.

Now milk in a bottle?, you don’t see that here.

And nothing wrong with milk in a bag, I have been drinking it that way for decades.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

In Ontario, Milk in a bag is the norm. I am surprised that in Quebec you don’t see it in bags.

And nothing wrong with milk in a bag, I have been drinking it that way for decades.

Milk in a thick glass milk bottle is from a company called Harmony Organic. About double the usual price, plus a $2 deposit on the bottle, but you can get it in the usual varieties or in non-homogenized (fat floats on top)

Not worth the premium IMO, but I get it once in a while and keep the bottles for a few refills. I like the bottles a lot

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Milk in a thick glass milk bottle is from a company called Harmony Organic. About double the usual price, plus a $2 deposit on the bottle, but you can get it in the usual varieties or in non-homogenized (fat floats on top)

Not worth the premium IMO, but I get it once in a while and keep the bottles for a few refills. I like the bottles a lot

Milk in a bag is a regional thing. Seems normal to me. We have a couple of local dairies who still use glass bottles; one of them offers non-homogenized Jersey milk at close to 4.5% BF.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Milk bags are 100% common here. That’s what I’ve been seeing all my life really. Would be strange if anyone brought home a jug or carton of milk to honest

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.769 seconds