dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Recording a sports event and someone telling you the outcome before you get a chance to watch it from the PVR.

ahhhhh!!! someone did this to me for star wars. They said oh well its been all over the news, im like have you ever thought that i made sure to seclude myself till I watched the movies.

Darth Vader is Luke’s father

No way, can’t be.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

i HATE when they do that! Its even worse when they don’t ring the doorbell and then just put the “sorry we missed you” slip on the door then you’ve gotta wait a day or two and then drive 20 minutes to the nearest pick-up facility where your item now is.

I’ve had that happen a few times in the past but now the drivers know me. I can even flag the UPS guy down on the next street and chat up about any current packages for my address.

My UPS driver honks to me when he drives by, without a package for me. Of course that rarely happens. I seem to be getting something everyday.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Recording a sports event and someone telling you the outcome before you get a chance to watch it from the PVR.

ahhhhh!!! someone did this to me for star wars. They said oh well its been all over the news, im like have you ever thought that i made sure to seclude myself till I watched the movies.

No way, can’t be.

Well, his name is darth Father if you read dutch

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Go to the Federal building to get tax forms and they have none. One must now have them sent to your house.

Can’t you download tax forms online nowadays? Maybe you’re looking for something really specific, in which case I don’t know. You can definitely get the 1040 stuff online.

No , I need the forms to do my taxes.

You might try going to an accounting office Dirty. The one I’m working at now has a bunch of the forums sitting out for people I’m guessing.

I filled out the form online to have them sent to me.

yellaD
    Pro

Paying $6 for a bottle of water.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

No way, can’t be.

it was the new star wars and i am not going to ruin it by shouting it out loud here heh. It was significant and i was like wow.. serious wth.

Doobie

And Princess Leah is Luke’s sister! 😲

😉

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s crazy for a bottle of water! Where were you to have to pay that?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Andy,
    You must have been at an event downtown? We’re you at the Raptors game?
    Any place down there water is just outrageous.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

redwood
    Pro

Ok, maybe this is unfair, but forum members that don’t look through the posts on a topic, before replying. Even if it’s only 1 page.

A couple of examples would be asking questions that have been answered even just a couple of posts above. I can see if it were answered couple of pages back.

On my topic, I have won again. I continue to get congratulated (thank you), despite that early on it was noted that it is a scam.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Ok, maybe this is unfair, but forum members that don’t look through the posts on a topic, before replying. Even if it’s only 1 page.

A couple of examples would be asking questions that have been answered even just a couple of posts above. I can see if it were answered couple of pages back.

On my topic, I have won again. I continue to get congratulated (thank you), despite that early on it was noted that it is a scam.

I agree. Even though I try to make a few posts a day, there are days where I know I just have nothing to add to a post, so I don’t. I like tools as much as the next guy, but I realize that this site needs good content to keep operating the way that it always has. Just posting crap without reading is a sure way for the rules to be changed.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Congrats on your winning. It’s such a big achievement. You must be very proud.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a venue like that over here. LOL I refuse to drink there. Between set I go across the street to the Korean bar and drink fast then going back.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Noticed that too huh? I seriously thought about calling every single one of those members out. IMO, posts like that are made for points only. If you actually read, think about it and respond, we would’ve have so many posts that are 180* in the wrong direction.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

yellaD
    Pro

Andy,

Yeah I was at Raptor’s game, but then we went to the gentlemen’s club after…I was DD so yeah, $6 water it was…second time in my life doing that and I swear to not do it again. haha, terrible!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Andy,

Yeah I was at Raptor’s game, but then we went to the gentlemen’s club after…I was DD so yeah, $6 water it was…second time in my life doing that and I swear to not do it again. haha, terrible!

The only one time I ever went in Club Rockza why drink water when beer is mostly all water. I see as they are trying to make money not hydrate you. They work for tips. Do you tip them for your water?? I hydrate before I go out.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Spell check / auto correct

Starting to really hate the spell check/auto correct feature on my phone when posting on forums.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Why not take a bottle of water with you if you think you will need it?
    No way I would pay 6.00!

The two choices we have both are Fricken scammers for either television and phones plus Internet 🙁

Oh plus the ridiculously high price we pay for cell phone services also

Nuf said, thanks feel better

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Congrats on your winning. It’s such a big achievement. You must be very proud.

i want to congratulate you on getting congratulated!!!!!

The two choices we have both are Fricken scammers for either television and phones plus Internet :(

Oh plus the ridiculously high price we pay for cell phone services also

Nuf said, thanks feel better

thats exactly how it is here in Canada, ridiculous i want unlimited internet on my phone.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.581 seconds