dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

anyone here eat Bagels. I hate that they don’t slice the suckers all the way through.

Or when they aren’t sliced through the middle…one side is WAY bigger than the other. So much so that the big side won’t fit into the toaster.

anyone here eat Bagels. I hate that they don’t slice the suckers all the way through.

Bagels and English muffins….Slice them all the way.

If not, I use my Bosch CCS180BL18 V 6-1/2 In. Circular Saw to make sure they are cut perfect 😉

With a nice high tooth count laminate and siding blade?

Is a bagel rip or crosscut?

I think it’s more like resawing…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

went to the closest tim hortons today for lunch and got their chili combo… they didnt put a butter knife in my bag so i couldnt put the butter on my whole wheat bun… ggrrrrrr

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

yellaD
    Pro

I hate mud! Your walking around all day with 5 pounds of mud on your boots, it really tires the legs out.

That is definitely something that I don’t miss at all.

Then on top of it you get some jack*** that pee’s in the trench or mud.

That’s a real rant! Wild animals!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Go to the Federal building to get tax forms and they have none. One must now have them sent to your house.

Can’t you download tax forms online nowadays? Maybe you’re looking for something really specific, in which case I don’t know. You can definitely get the 1040 stuff online.

No , I need the forms to do my taxes.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Go to the Federal building to get tax forms and they have none. One must now have them sent to your house.

Can’t you download tax forms online nowadays? Maybe you’re looking for something really specific, in which case I don’t know. You can definitely get the 1040 stuff online.

You might try going to an accounting office Dirty. The one I’m working at now has a bunch of the forums sitting out for people I’m guessing.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what about a local library, i know that our libraries carry all sort of government forms

i HATE when they do that! Its even worse when they don’t ring the doorbell and then just put the “sorry we missed you” slip on the door then you’ve gotta wait a day or two and then drive 20 minutes to the nearest pick-up facility where your item now is.

Doobie

Recording a sports event and someone telling you the outcome before you get a chance to watch it from the PVR.

I just download this years version of Studio Tax and it has all the forms in it. I fill in the blanks, then send it over the interwebs to our Revenue Canada. Easy peasy. It even does all the math.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I just download this years version of Studio Tax

And its free too! Just doesn’t provide the knowledge that save one some money. It’s basically a form laden calculator.

I know what you’re gonna say…”My taxes are simple”. It’s not your taxes that are simple, it’s the Income Tax Act that is complicated.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Bagels and English muffins….Slice them all the way.

If not, I use my Bosch CCS180BL18 V 6-1/2 In. Circular Saw to make sure they are cut perfect 😉

@utopia78,
    What do you do when the bagel is stale? Break out the big gun “Bulldog” with a chisel blade on. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

redwood
    Pro

Recording a sports event and someone telling you the outcome before you get a chance to watch it from the PVR.

That and even worse. I hate commercials, so I record everything I’m going to watch. I have DirectTV, sometimes with sporting events they give you the option of extending the recording, in case things go long. But not always. Too many times in close games, I’ve missed the ending because the recording stopped.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

My whine today:

Snow/winter.

Although, I like the fact that is keeps various critters out of this part of the country like crocs and gators and scorpions and huge snakes and several other species that look at you as a good source of protein.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

That and even worse. I hate commercials, so I record everything I’m going to watch. I have DirectTV, sometimes with sporting events they give you the option of extending the recording, in case things go long. But not always. Too many times in close games, I’ve missed the ending because the recording stopped.

I just watched a recorded sports event this morning that was live in the wee hours of the night. I made sure to set my PVR to add an extra hour as I knew the event can go into more time than the guide had it set for. My guy lost unfortunately. But it was nice the same and I could zip thru the commercials or times when there was a lull in play.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

First episode of Seinfeld….

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ahhhhh!!! someone did this to me for star wars. They said oh well its been all over the news, im like have you ever thought that i made sure to seclude myself till I watched the movies.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man do I hate all the stinkin commercials. I do the same anymore Mark. Record most every show I watch and fast forward through them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ahhhhh!!! someone did this to me for star wars. They said oh well its been all over the news, im like have you ever thought that i made sure to seclude myself till I watched the movies.

Darth Vader is Luke’s father

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Clumping cat litter that doesn’t clump.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

i HATE when they do that! Its even worse when they don’t ring the doorbell and then just put the “sorry we missed you” slip on the door then you’ve gotta wait a day or two and then drive 20 minutes to the nearest pick-up facility where your item now is.

I’ve had that happen a few times in the past but now the drivers know me. I can even flag the UPS guy down on the next street and chat up about any current packages for my address.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.761 seconds