dcsimg

Rant of the Day vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Having the plow fill the end of the driveway minutes after you just came in from shovelling the driveway.

I’ve seen them, waiting, just down the street, waiting until I finish shoveling.

Really, I’ve seen them, I know they wait for me to finish. Then they fill the end of the driveway in.

I think they do this no matter where you live in Ontario. I head right back out and spread it on the street. Most in my neighbourhood do this.

lol i never do this, i just put it on the lawn but there is a guy in my neighbourhood that takes his plow and plows everything from his driveway to the otherside of the street and crushes the fence to the 401 lol.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Where is the grass Mark? Funny all the different plants in different parts of the country.
    That deck doesn’t look like it was built by creative-redwood-designs.com .

@roninohio

Someone before me covered almost the whole lot with rocks. I was told they use to park a RV in the back, so there is sort of a circular road around the house. Some grass does grow between the rocks though.

Certainly are not my decks and unfortunately for me, not that well built and I hate painted decks. There is a pergola over this deck that I will probably have to replace next spring.

I have a deck at my house that someone built before I got here. It is not built to my standards but not bad enough to redo yet.
    Seems there is always something to do when you own a home.

monman1
    Pro

I hate mud! Your walking around all day with 5 pounds of mud on your boots, it really tires the legs out.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I hate mud! Your walking around all day with 5 pounds of mud on your boots, it really tires the legs out.

I hear ya man. I despise that stuff!!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

when your told to get all the tools on site brought back to the shop at the end of the day and your done doing the exterior post cladding and cedar railing system in about 4 1/2 hrs and the guy working inside is taking 1.5 hrs longer to install about 7 short pcs of baseboard and 1/4 round which should only take about 2 hrs so your stuck waiting for him to finish up

also when your parked getting ready to leave site.. parked in front of a driveway entrance and no ones behind you.. go to back up to pull out and some crazy old lady decides shes going to pull up right behind you … shes now blockign the driveway of someone and you dont notice her…. very close call i didnt back into her

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

That is definitely something that I don’t miss at all.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Go to the Federal building to get tax forms and they have none. One must now have them sent to your house.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

also when your parked getting ready to leave site.. parked in front of a driveway entrance and no ones behind you.. go to back up to pull out and some crazy old lady decides shes going to pull up right behind you … shes now blockign the driveway of someone and you dont notice her…. very close call i didnt back into her

I actually did that one time in a similar situation. Some jackass parked directly behind me where no one should park. I did the courtesy of going door to door and asking who’s car it was. Nobody took ownership. I backed into it and pushed it out of my way denting to crap the little nuissance putt-putt car in the way. Owner came out of store startled and semi-frantic. I just looked over and gave him the glance of “you should have listened to my friendly request when I came asking instead of ignoring me” and drove off. Can’t say I ever felt bad about that even though I would never dare doing it now decades later.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That is definitely something that I don’t miss at all.

Then on top of it you get some jack*** that pee’s in the trench or mud.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I actually did that one time in a similar situation. Some jackass parked directly behind me where no one should park. I did the courtesy of going door to door and asking who’s car it was. Nobody took ownership. I backed into it and pushed it out of my way denting to crap the little nuissance putt-putt car in the way. Owner came out of store startled and semi-frantic. I just looked over and gave him the glance of “you should have listened to my friendly request when I came asking instead of ignoring me” and drove off. Can’t say I ever felt bad about that even though I would never dare doing it now decades later.

yah now adays you’d probably be on video and get done for leaving the scene of an accident. although it wasn’t much of an accident more of a deliberate push heh.

redwood
    Pro

anyone here eat Bagels. I hate that they don’t slice the suckers all the way through.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

anyone here eat Bagels. I hate that they don’t slice the suckers all the way through.

Real ones dont need to be sliced 🙂

Try Montreal Bagels

UPS…..’nuff said?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Go to the Federal building to get tax forms and they have none. One must now have them sent to your house.

Can’t you download tax forms online nowadays? Maybe you’re looking for something really specific, in which case I don’t know. You can definitely get the 1040 stuff online.

Doobie

All pre-sliced bagels are like that. Guess they don’t want them to slide around in the bag.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

UPS…..’nuff said?

@JimDaddyO,
    You said way too much. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Bagels and English muffins….Slice them all the way.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am tired of people not communicating effectively. I think that cell phones have actually made things worse. How busy can you be, that you can’t respond to a text on 2 consecutive days? Not just one person either, but about 1/3 of the people that I deal with it seems.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

If not, I use my Bosch CCS180BL18 V 6-1/2 In. Circular Saw to make sure they are cut perfect 😉

A Working Pro since 2004

If not, I use my Bosch CCS180BL18 V 6-1/2 In. Circular Saw to make sure they are cut perfect 😉

With a nice high tooth count laminate and siding blade?

Is a bagel rip or crosscut?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 472 total)
  • The topic ‘Rant of the Day vol. 2’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.720 seconds