dcsimg

Random Orbit Sanders

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a Black and Decker Smart Select that I picked up for cheap. If anyone is looking into them, I would say not to. Their dust collection sucks.

I have found the Bosch ROS65 very impressive and would be hard pressed to find anything better than it for the money.

After using mine, I wholeheartedly concur.

Hey guys, can anybody tell me the difference between the ROS65vc-5 and vc-6? They are having a recon sale at CPO and I want a 6″ sander that I can hook up to my Midi. These both look promising but the specs look the same on the website? Any opinions on these guys too?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

They are the same sander but one has the 5″ pad and one is the 6″ pad. One of the kits has both pads in it.

Reviews are great on it. It’s going to be my next prize redemption.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005NZ6EHU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1977604522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005NZ6EGQ&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=1RV31M1XSZJWMZZ1CE0X

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

Hey guys, can anybody tell me the difference between the ROS65vc-5 and vc-6? They are having a recon sale at CPO and I want a 6″ sander that I can hook up to my Midi. These both look promising but the specs look the same on the website? Any opinions on these guys too?

The difference is just the size of pad they come with. You could buy either one and then get the other size pad as an accessory and then you’ll have both. I love having both the 5 and 6″ option on mine.

Dan

danpattison.com

Wow. I really feel retry dumb right now 🙂
    Thanks Brad and Dan for the quick response and that is a great idea about the pad options. I’ve got the Festool ES125 which is a 5″ but this looks really promising for even more fine work.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, i just ordered the bosch sander that can switch up the pad size on it. my question is where do you get 6″ discs that have holes in them.. the only place ive seen them are at home depot but their the diablo discs which are less than satisfactory ive found.. they dont last 1/2 as long as other brands

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I like Klingspor sandpaper very much – it lasts a long time. Festool paper is pretty good too, especially Granat and that would work well.

Orange County, CA

Klingspor paper is fantastic. Here is where to go Jeff:

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/?inMed=GSANDING&gclid=COT6kceM0MMCFQySaQodvroA2Q

They have every size you can think off. Very informative site also.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve ordered from there out of the US for klingspor. If you order enough it makes it worthwhile.

Brad T

I got a business account there when they were showing at the IWF show and bought a ton of sandpaper in different grits and got some good pricing. But sold it all when I moved into Festool. Now if I go back to another non-Festool sander I will likely get more Klingspor. It is the best paper I have found outside of the Festool paper.

Of course Mirka’s Abranet sanding screens might be worth a try too – I hear nothing but great things about it as well.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’m just a newbie to the abranet but so far I like it. My only concern is that you can’t catch an edge or you rip the screen. You can do the same with paper but it takes more to do it.

I am actually finding my 5″ block with abranet and DC to be a pleasure to use.

Brad T

I’m just a newbie to the abranet but so far I like it. My only concern is that you can’t catch an edge or you rip the screen. You can do the same with paper but it takes more to do it.

I am actually finding my 5″ block with abranet and DC to be a pleasure to use.

Are you using Abranet for your 1/2 inch sander, Brad? It is tricky to find the right size – looks like you have to buy it in big rolls. Also, not sure about an interface pad for it – I thought you needed one too so that you do not damage the hook and loop. Still trying to research things.

Orange County, CA

Are you using Abranet for your 1/2 inch sander, Brad? It is tricky to find the right size – looks like you have to buy it in big rolls. Also, not sure about an interface pad for it – I thought you needed one too so that you do not damage the hook and loop. Still trying to research things.

I have never used Abranet so I am very interested in what folks have to say about it. Does it last longer than paper? It seems it wouldn’t clog like paper would when sanding an oily wood. (Or you could remove it and shake it out.) It is more aggressive? Appears you need a hook and loop interface.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Does anyone know if the ROS65 has enough power to replace a belt sander for flooring applications?
    What I mean is will it have enough power to go through a room (or house) and knock down all the ridges at plywood seams?
    I’m leaning towards getting one with the 5 and 6″ pads so that I can have a sander that will handle most anything I throw at it.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nope, not using on the 1/2 sheet as I don’t know what to use for an interface pad yet. The hook an loop will make it tricky unless you could put the abranet on a piece of fabric that would allow enough air flow and not wreck the hook and loop.

I have a couple pads for my 5″ sander and my hand held 5″ block. It blows out really nice and I am finding that it stays true longer. In the fact that it doesn’t lose it’s grit as fast.

Brad T

Nope, not using on the 1/2 sheet as I don’t know what to use for an interface pad yet. The hook an loop will make it tricky unless you could put the abranet on a piece of fabric that would allow enough air flow and not wreck the hook and loop.

I wonder if the Mafell interface pads would work on the Bosch sander? Maybe not since the Bosch is not hook & loop.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I wonder if the Mafell interface pads would work on the Bosch sander? Maybe not since the Bosch is not hook & loop.

I am not sure what would work the best. A backer on the abranet that you could use the bosch hold down system with (it really tightens the half sheet well) or a complete replacement that is just hook and loop. Worth some further investigation.

Brad T

Brad, do you know if this guy will work with the Festool or Bosch vac hoses? I have both.

Brad, do you know if this guy will work with the Festool or Bosch vac hoses? I have both.

Both work great with the ROS65.

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.565 seconds