dcsimg

Random Orbit Sanders

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

It depends on what you’re looking for. I find they have really good prices on supplies, consumables and hardware but their prices on portable power tools aren’t as cheap as what you can find online or in bigger stores.

Dan

danpattison.com

I NEED TO GET ME ONE EVEN THOU I DONT SAND THAT MUCH
    IT COMES IN HANDY

thanks dan – very helpful

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Could Festool sand disc work with Bosch Sander ? I saw the article said that Festool is the best sand disc in term of durability

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Hong if the discs have hook and loop and the right number of holes they should work.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Jason. I have another question, could I use more holes sand disk? Will it more better ?

The holes in the sandpaper only correlate to the dust collection of the tool. Hence, when the holes in the sandpaper are properly aligned with the holes on the sander, it will best allow dust collection.

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Thanks You , everyone.

Now I got it, I only used the random orbit sander once. I could still remembered it, the Dewalt random orbit sander, it vibrates a lot. My hand was really pain after used it.

I have one Bosch old Sheet Orbital, and I only use it.

Anyone have the new half-sheet sander Bosch started selling? I really like orbital sanders — they really help ensure a smooth, flat surface. This one looks interesting.

Orange County, CA

this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1293D-2-Sheet-120-Volt-Finishing/dp/B00004SUOS

it sure seems like a quality product. Is the only difference between it and the ROS65 the fact it uses sheets?

John S

redwood
    Pro

I always hated loading the paper in the small finishing sanders, before RO hook and loops became available.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Agreed Mark. Back to the brand of sandpaper discs – I get mine from the Klingspor Woodworking shop. Very good discs at a good price.

Anyone have any further updates on the new 5″ & 6″ ROS from Bosch?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Bosch have new sand disc ? I wonder where the sand disc made ? Maybe Switzerland

this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1293D-2-Sheet-120-Volt-Finishing/dp/B00004SUOS

it sure seems like a quality product. Is the only difference between it and the ROS65 the fact it uses sheets?

I think it has been updated with this one:

http://www.boschtools.com/AboutBoschTools/PressRoom/Pages/032113OSH50VCV.aspx

It has the newer vibration control and looks like a great machine.

Orange County, CA

Agreed Mark. Back to the brand of sandpaper discs – I get mine from the Klingspor Woodworking shop. Very good discs at a good price.

Anyone have any further updates on the new 5″ & 6″ ROS from Bosch?

Klingspor makes very good sandpaper — it is made in Germany, I believe. I used a lot of it before I got my Festool sanders and paper.

Orange County, CA

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I caved and bought one of those craftsman 50 piece pack of what seems like 8.5×11 sandpaper. I guess you can cut to the desired length and choose from one of 8 different grits. Havent touched it since i bought it especially since i only have a random orbit sander.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I like the sheet sander because I could use finest grit of sandpaper like 2000

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Hong, have you ever used 2,000 grit with a random orbital?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Jason. No, I had never used 2,000 grit with random orbital and I don’t think the sand disc is exist.

I used 2,000 grit with the 1/2-Sheet Orbital Finishing Sander

With Festool paper you can get various grits up to 4,000 or higher — you can take a Rotex sander and go from agressive to a mirror polish just working through the various grits. I am sure you could do the same with Bosch’s dual-mode sander as well in the aggressive mode. Personally I stop sanding bare wood at 400 grit for most things — I typically use an oil finish. If you are painting or applying some other finish you can stop at 180 or 220 or some other lower grit. The higher grits are useful sanding between coats.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.432 seconds