dcsimg

Random Orbit Sanders

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Anyone have any favorites in random orbit sanders?

I have an old Porter-Cable that I’ve used for years that I’ve had to replace a few parts on. I’m sure it’s not going to last forever so I’ve been looking around trying to decide what the replacement will be. The Bosch ROS20VSK looks like a good sander at a good price. The Bosch ROS65VC-5 looks interesting too but quite a bit more expensive.

I love my Rotex 150 and vac. It was quite expensive for me, but I gotta say it’s been awesome. Versatile, powerful, and little to no mess depending on how you use it. When in rotex mode, it’s the most aggressive sander this side of a metal grinder, and although not the most delicate in random orbit it’s more than OK, just do one pass with super fine grit by hand and it’s sweet. As with most quality sanders it’s saved me a lot of time in use, but this has saved me the most time in clean-up. Get a sander with a good duct collection, whatever the brand and cost!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t remember if they used to come in an Lbox but coincidentally I too have a need for an RO sander on my next project, I have a 1/2 sheet and a belt sander now and need an RO to complete my sanding needs. The ROS65VC-6 is the very one I’ve decided on

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I don’t remember if they used to come in an Lbox but coincidentally I too have a need for an RO sander on my next project, I have a 1/2 sheet and a belt sander now and need an RO to complete my sanding needs. The ROS65VC-6 is the very one I’ve decided on

For surely the next sander on my list. I am pretty sure when my brother in law redeemed his points for this sander it came in a L-boxx with inserts. Looks like I’ll have to purchase it on my own

this review shows it with the l-boxx

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/bosch-ros65vc-sander-vibration-control/1613/

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee that review was 4 years ago and the inlay is foam, I thought that was a new idea out lately. I’ll bet it’s still available directly from Bosch pretty cheap, I’ve bought a few others from them in the past and they under $10ish

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Gee that review was 4 years ago and the inlay is foam, I thought that was a new idea out lately. I’ll bet it’s still available directly from Bosch pretty cheap, I’ve bought a few others from them in the past and they under $10ish

I have been searching the Bosch web site and cant seem to find them. Any advice as to where they would be…I have an l-boxx 3 that it would work in

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been searching the Bosch web site and cant seem to find them. Any advice as to where they would be…I have an l-boxx 3 that it would work in

Seems we have two threads going on this but I just called Bosch and it’s not available anymore, Best idea is too shop the web for one

I have the 65 kit – got it on amazon, came with an L3 and a foam insert, plus foam top protector. Should be able to take a pic tonight if anyone is interested

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the 65 kit – got it on amazon, came with an L3 and a foam insert, plus foam top protector. Should be able to take a pic tonight if anyone is interested

Thanks but the link above does show the inlay.

Several months ago my old sander that I’d used for years broke and I was looking for it’s replacement. Came across one guide and found it quite convenient due to it’s pros and cons option and generally helpful information. So, if someone is looking for his best sander try to check this out https://pickadvisor.org/best-da-sander/
    I chose Porter-Cable random orbit sander and I wish I bought this thing years ago. This tool is easy to use, robust and it doesn’t leave swirl marks as my previous sander.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@jfak7670

Either you’re spam or you’ve never used a Bosch random orbital sander.
    And I didn’t click that link.

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.497 seconds