dcsimg

QUIKRETE® Light-Duty Gloves

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

John,

It seemed to be the glove fabric itself. Not the black coating. It may be related to the tight fit at the cuff. The pair I put on next were very loose around the cuff. It was very warm. I look forward to that this winter.

I still use mine quite happily and have found them to hold up well to light-medium use. Haven’t been brutal to them, but I am not sure how they would withstand super heavy use.

John S

I looked for these online and could not find them — did not see them on Quickrete’s website either…

Orange County, CA

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

It looks like they are no longer available on here . They are great gloves too!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I was looking to grab a pair, I snoozed and loosed. Hopefully they are not discontinued.

cranbrook2
    Pro

There are lots of places that sell gloves just like it but different name and colour .

I will have to see if they sell it at one of my local hardware stores.

Orange County, CA

It still shows 4 pairs in the prize list… Unless I am going crazy, which is entirely possible 🙂

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, you most certainly are not crazy there they are on the list.

But I was hoping to see what they looked like someplace. I cannot seem to find any info on them other than the reviews here (which are great, BTW).

Thanks

Orange County, CA

Here is a pic! Sorry they look shriveled haha

John S

Thanks, John. The grippy surface could help in some wood applications. Hmmm…I am going to have to see if I can look at a pair in person someplace.

Orange County, CA

Yeah I love the grippy rubber surface for being able to grab and hold on to wood as I move it around, but I am not sure I would want to be wearing them if I was doing a lot of cutting… seems like that would be a little dangerous

John S

Put the gloves in your back pocket while sawing or using other machinery. You need all those fingers to build your new workbench.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Yes, the grippy is exactly what I like about them. Makes holding on to sheet goods much easier. I have had too many splinters, slivers and other rough spots grab my gloves and pull me to ever want to wear these with a saw running. Shudder.

cranbrook2
    Pro

The rubber eventually wears off if you use them a lot like I do .

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

John L.
    Does the rubber wear off uniformly or does it get to a point then chunks start coming off?

Good to note on the wearing..

Orange County, CA

I’ve been putting these gloves to task of late these past few days – using them to help two different friends move from house to house and apartment to apartment (accordingly) – and they were absolutely great for gripping the furniture while giving me a little bit of help with warmth in this blistering cold (0 degrees and 15 degrees on those two days).

I only wore the quikrete gloves the first time and boy, they were nowhere near warm enough to keep me warm when I was standing still waiting for another piece to grab and take inside (we had lots of help moving the guy in). So, I found a shovel and volunteered to get to task clearing his whole driveway from snow and ice buildup left from the previous renter of the house (which is basically the norm for anyone here in the urban part of the Twin Cities I am in – it is just too hard to keep a ‘clear’ driveway). Needless to say, all the work quickly warmed my hands up and I felt great.

I was smarted the second time and wore a pair of my liner gloves underneath the quikrete gloves and was impressed that I didn’t feel like I lost that much tactile ability in any way – while being much, much warmer. I was able to take the liners off at one point once we were working hard, and I loved the fact my hands were far more able to grab the furniture with ease/without fear of random splinters/screws poking me. It was great! I know there aren’t any more gloves left in the prize list, but I highly recommend these gloves for what they are. They won’t last long – even after some moderate use, they are starting to show a little wear/tear, but they are great gloves for what they are.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Good to know John. I’m always skepticle of cloth style cloves and normally go with leather. I haven’t found a pair that fits really nice. How is the fit? Does the rubber lift the glove off the fingers like other gloves of that design?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.758 seconds