dcsimg

QUIKRETE® Light-Duty Gloves

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I won these in the recent giveaway. Really like them. I used them to unload a lot of lumber. Gave me a real good grip and seemed to protect me from splinters. I haven’t used them much. I will update as to durability later.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently won a pair of those too and used them yesterday, I had to drill a lot of holes in some metal roofing. The grip was great for handling both drill and roofing. Thanks ‘Be The Pro’

redwood
    Pro

I have 8 yards of concrete to pour tomorrow, I’ll give them a shot then.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I use them all the time when I am ripping sticks on the tablesaw . They help prevent blisters after ripping for 8 – 10 hours at a time .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I also got a pair of the gloves… now if it would ever stop raining I might get a chance to try them out

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Would you guys agree that they are “light-duty” gloves? Is light-duty good enough for general use or are these above\below that level?

i also won them here on bethepro. And i love them. been doing lots of cement woek now that i have gloves. lol

irishup
    Pro

These came in handy when we recently helped a friend move. We unloaded things for hours including all a massive amount of tools he uses for woodworking. Glad I had them.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Do they have any additional padding in key points on the gloves like the knuckles or palms? Or do they just have a single uniform layer of fabric across the entire glove surface?

kzcarp
    Pro

They are a single woven layer with a grippy,textured rubber coating on the fingers and palm. Very grippy although the “feel” took me some getting used to.

kevin

I’m really digging mine (thanks again Bosch and Aaron)! They’re not shock-absorbing, but for just about any other purpose they’re fantastic. They dry quickly, they clean off pretty easily (they don’t hold much dust), they help me hold just about anything, and they are wearing well where some of the cheaper leather & striped cotton generic (HD, L’s, or HF) type gloves blow out stitches or randomly wear through. So far these have stood up to anything I’ve put them too. Great for holding ladders while climbing! I didn’t expect so much out of a simple pair of gloves! I’d definitely buy them again if this pair were to wear out.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the detail Rob! I would be interested in a pair of those gloves based on the great feedback from you all.

I used these to help a friend demo his kitchen and was very glad to have something to reduce my chance of splinters. Very comfortable gloves and seem durable.

Washed them once in the washer and let them air dry – and they look good as new again!

John S

mark
    Pro
    Jackson, TN

They looked nice. I had to give mine to the wife. I looked like OJ trying to get them on my hands.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Only pair of gloves similar to these that I thought rivaled these were a pair of rubber coated kevlar gloves. Of course those were issued by the company I worked for and we weren’t allowed to get out the door with them. I heard they were pretty expensive.

redwood
    Pro

I have a couple of pair of these gloves and they are good for most things. Oil based staining is not one of them. One of my guys was wearing them and the rubber started to dissolve.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Yikes – noted Mark. Good to know the things the gloves are NOT made for haha

John S

I continue to be quite impressed with the comfort and durability of these gloves. They are still holding up quite nicely for me and as others have mentioned – dry pretty quickly. These gloves are a happy medium between durability and the ability to still fully “feel” what you are doing.

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I found one weakness of these gloves. Hot weather. I was using these to move some sheetrock today in heat indexes somewher between 105 and 110. They about cooked my hands and wrists. Felt like they were literally cooking. A looser weave on the back or maybe some kind of mesh on the back would help. Of course the same things that make them uncomfortable in hot weather will make them wonderfull in cooler weather.

Jerry – was it the rubbery palm that was hottest or the fabric of the glove that was so hot? It was only 75 here today, so definitely can’t relate…

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.543 seconds