dcsimg

Quickcrete minimum orders

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  NJBuilder 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I am working on a project/product. Getting supplies in the middle of no where is slow and costly.

If I wanted to get a specific mix of concrete made up. What would the minimum order be ?

Thank you in advance.

Brendan

redwood
    Pro

You probably need to put their tag name in your message to get someones attention, Brendan.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Ahh. Good Idea.

Thanks

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I don’t think there’s a Qwikcrete rep on here yet unfortunately, I could be wrong though. I think they only do bags, they do have some tools on their site for calculating:
    http://www.quikrete.com/Calculator/Main.asp

Your best bet is probably to find the closest lumber yard nearby and ask them about it, building in our cottage country we usually run into similar problems, but there are usually one or two local companies that will bring a truck out for a pour – although you do pay a premium for it if you need volume. Often you can work with other people in the area and see if you can line up a couple of pours to get the cost down, we used to just put up some posters ahead of the project in the grocery store and lumber yard, if you can coordinate a few people needing the same material at the same time and save the company trips they will give you a break.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Matt.

What I am looking for is bags. For small pours with very consistent mix for a precast idea I am working on. 1 1/3 cubic feet, very low slump.

I can get aggregate and sand from a local crusher. No problem getting cement. But and add mix and specific fibers are $$.

Then to mix very carefully, is doable. I just have to weigh all options.

Our batch plant does not do anything beyond the basics. Last fall I was working in a more rural region. It is also oil country. 4 yards was %1,600 min, with a very narrow pour time.

Last big pour we did with a pump and boom 75 yards in 1 1/2 hours. Including one pump plug up.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@lakelover not to take anything away from Quickcrete but I would look into local Baggers. A smaller local operation may be more willing to do a custom mix. We have one locally that makes the Spec Mix bags for mortar silos on comercial sites, but they also bag a line of sand and specific concrete and mortar mixes with a private label for their concrete plants in Minnesota. There was also a Bagger in Des Moines that bagged a version of Quickcrete. you may have one in your area also. Most bags are 1/2 CF so you may have to deal with that kind of volume or weigh out your 1 1/3 CF

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I’ve seen Quickcrete special mason mixes in super-sacks (like 1000lbs, I’m sure they could accomodate you (for a price)

I think I’d call the local redimix batch plant and see what they can do…

--Steve

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Kurt and Timeless.
    I will try and track down a more local company. Just not sure if any thing is closer. I believe their closes plant is in Calgary about 500 miles west.

Last year our portland started coming in !/2 sacks. Not sure what drove the change. Guess OH$S. But I do admit they are easier on the back to move around.

Testing allowing users to delete own forum replies.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is no way to delete your post! See below at a post I delete.
    @test-heather

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Still working on it 🙂

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

@test-heather

I think your a little ahead of your self Dirty. Heather said Testing.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

@test-heather

I think your a little ahead of your self Dirty. Heather said Testing.

He does that some times lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.342 seconds