dcsimg

Question on Pronunciation

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

How do you pronounce Ryobi? I always pronounced it Rie oe bee. I heard a commercial the other day and they pronounced it Ree oe bee. Which is correct and how do you say it?

I heard the same thing yesterday But I never knew that is how it is pronounced . That’s a first for me 🙂

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

How do you pronounce Ryobi? I always pronounced it Rie oe bee. I heard a commercial the other day and they pronounced it Ree oe bee. Which is correct and how do you say it?

I heard the same thing yesterday But I never knew that is how it is pronounced . That’s a first for me :-)

Same for me, I never knew. I’m also proud that I haven’t been around enough Ree oe bee to know how to properly say it : P

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I pronounce it CRy-O-Bee….cuz you’re gonna BEE CRYing when you realize it is a piece of junk and you wasted your money…..hehehe!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You show up with Ryobi on a job site and you’re going to at least get snickered at. You go around pronouncing it as the Japanese do, around here, and guys are going to start referring to you as “that pompous ___”.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty would say it’s wrong.

No I wouldn’t

In our country we do not say it the same way they do in the country of origin.

sergey061478
    Blocked

Honestly I do not know how to pronounce “Ryobi”. I try not to use bad words. Instead, I like to say things like “Bosch”, “Fein”, “Milwaukee”, and “DeWalt”…:-)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Honestly I do not know how to pronounce “Ryobi”. I try not to use bad words. Instead, I like to say things like “Bosch”, “Fein”, “Milwaukee”, and “DeWalt”…:-)

@sergey061478
    Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by TTI and my money says they come out of the same plant in China…. Just saying,,,,,,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@sergey061478 Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by TTI and my money says they come out of the same plant in China…. Just saying,,,,,,

have they always been owned together? It seems ryobi is trying to make a huge image change to appeal to a wider spectrum of users.

sergey061478
    Blocked

@sergey061478 Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by TTI and my money says they come out of the same plant in China…. Just saying,,,,,,

Unfortunatelly you are 100% correct! All their cordless tools come from the same TTI plant. The brands are Craftsman, Ryobi, Milwaukee and Ridgid. Not sure about their corded Milwaukee tools. I still have some US-made corded milwaukee tools. They just refuse to die…

sergey061478
    Blocked

have they always been owned together? It seems ryobi is trying to make a huge image change to appeal to a wider spectrum of users.

I think TTI Industries bought these brands around 2006. They started with cordless tools and later moved on to corded. Originally, TTI was manufacturing everything for Ridgid, which was a decent-quality brand in my opinion. I still have some Ridgid tools, and they are still going strong…

sergey061478
    Blocked

I pronounce it CRy-O-Bee….cuz you’re gonna BEE CRYing when you realize it is a piece of junk and you wasted your money…..hehehe!

LOL. Agree 100% on the piece of junk statement. The only lower quality brand when it comes to cordless tools is Craftsman these days. It it a piece of junk raised to the power of two.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No, Rice TTI has been on a buying spree for the last 15 or 20 years. Ryobi is a good Japanese brand and TTI only bought their export division. So Ryobi in Japan is still a Japanese brand and not TTI. At some point they bought Milwaukee and sent all the American jobs over to China. HD has them build most of the Ridgid power tools. TTI has resenty bought Hart hammers. They own Knaack job boxes and dirt devil vacuums along with a list of others.

sergey061478
    Blocked

No, Rice TTI has been on a buying spree for the last 15 or 20 years. Ryobi is a good Japanese brand and TTI only bought their export division. So Ryobi in Japan is still a Japanese brand and not TTI. At some point they bought Milwaukee and sent all the American jobs over to China. HD has them build most of the Ridgid power tools. TTI has resenty bought Hart hammers. They own Knaack job boxes and dirt devil vacuums along with a list of others.

I did not know that. Thanks for pointing this out. Still, I would not buy a Ryobi…ever…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I did not know that. Thanks for pointing this out. Still, I would not buy a Ryobi…ever…

Have you ever used the tools? I have and don’t see your point. I know some good carpenters that use the Ryobi tools.

Doobie

I know some good carpenters that use the Ryobi tools.

No argument there. They say it’s not the tool that makes great things, it’s the skill behind the tool!

Now how the hell is a thread of this nature getting so much mileage?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No argument there. They say it’s not the tool that makes great things, it’s the skill behind the tool!

I saw a young lady in Costco today giving out samples She was from Osaka Japan and her name tag had Kokoro on it. I said hi Kokolo, how do you say your name and she said you said it it right. Even it is in their roman letters of their name they don’t say the r sound.

Doobie

I saw a young lady in Costco today giving out samples She was from Osaka Japan and her name tag had Kokoro on it. I said hi Kokolo, how do you say your name and she said you said it it right. Even it is in their roman letters of their name they don’t say the r sound.

Point taken. I know I learned a lot of Chinese pronounciation oddities being around some Chinese people over the years.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Have you ever used the tools? I have and don’t see your point. I know some good carpenters that use the Ryobi tools.

Yah I don’t mind them as much as someone gave me a 18v ryobi drill and it works great,in fact I really like the magnet to hold extra screws

sergey061478
    Blocked

Yes I have used Ryobi in the past. Made that mistake once…will not do that again. I think it is a matter of personal preference. And I prefer not to use Ryobi.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a little Ryobi chop saw, like the one that Moze posted pictures of, but mine is corded. It works fine and I have no problems with it.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.433 seconds