dcsimg

pvc adhesive and column wraps

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

My suppliers always had the Azek glue. But I never bought it at a Big Box either.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My suppliers always had the Azek glue. But I never bought it at a Big Box either.

Same here the supplier always sent the glue with the product to the site.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Amazing how fast time goes…Dont use it enough to have come to my own conclusions but my gut say some of the newer acrylic adhesives are the way to go.

For some reason I just dont trust the straight up PVC glue bond

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Made a bunch of fencing years ago out of azek and used the glue on every joint. It holds really good the fence still looks great today

Doobie

How’s the work time on the Azek glue compared to the generic BB store stuff for conduit and PVC?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

How’s the work time on the Azek glue compared to the generic BB store stuff for conduit and PVC?

I believe that the work time on the Azek glue is longer. I have never had an issue with the work time of regular PVC cement however.

To make post wraps, we miter all four boards, lay them out next to each other. Then tape them together (still face up). Once aligned and secure, flip it and apply pvc cement to the joints and fold it up using tape again to secure the last joint. I like to use clear packing tape you would get at an office supply store. No screws. When we do use screws, if it is hidden we use SS screws, if it is a face screw situation we use the Cortex. We’ve made hundreds of window surrounds using instant glue SS screws.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

To make post wraps, we miter all four boards, lay them out next to each other. Then tape them together (still face up). Once aligned and secure, flip it and apply pvc cement to the joints and fold it up using tape again to secure the last joint. I like to use clear packing tape you would get at an office supply store. No screws. When we do use screws, if it is hidden we use SS screws, if it is a face screw situation we use the Cortex. We’ve made hundreds of window surrounds using instant glue SS screws.

we have done it this way also and occasionally use 18 GA trim nails for a temporary hold. the heads cover with a small dab of caulk and it sturdies them up quick.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.962 seconds