dcsimg

PSA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 910 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Lol what? don’t think that’ll work for dust even.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That looks painful, floor is probably too greasy like a lot of restaurants.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

what about the first rule of ladder safety?

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c16d9531871cd317c63c9b82f6efc65c/tumblr_nv08svUGsm1sfyws3o1_500.gif

Now that would win the “Darwin Award” hands down. Even if he had someone spotting the ladder, the counter weight would still send him flying. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

insulation foam accidents

View post on imgur.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

what about the first rule of ladder safety?

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c16d9531871cd317c63c9b82f6efc65c/tumblr_nv08svUGsm1sfyws3o1_500.gif

Sorry, but I thought that was really funny.

Now that would win the “Darwin Award” hands down. Even if he had someone spotting the ladder, the counter weight would still send him flying. LOL

I love hearing about those awards.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

New hair removal product? lol.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol what about how not to use pallet jacks

View post on imgur.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some of these really had to hurt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I have trouble watching these kinds of things when it’s obvious it’s real and not staged. I’m usually cringing and only occasioanaly laughing at them. There’s nothing funny about watching somebody getting seriously injured.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The last one looks kinda staged, most people probably would’ve let go.

Doobie

The last one looks kinda staged, most people probably would’ve let go.

See, that one I believe. Remember why they got rid of what became known as suicide doors on cars? It was primarily because if someone opened the door while the vehicle was in motion, one has a natural tendency to hold onto the handle when it feels like it is getting away from us and it would result in a person being pulled from the car into the road if this happened at significant speeds due to the aerodynamic forces forcing the door to open. That guy with the lift truck seems to be a similar situation.

The one with the Aussie and his foam can lid mistake was obviously staged.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Say goodbye to a lot or racking.

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

This one is even worse, it’s like playing real life domino.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have trouble watching these kinds of things when it’s obvious it’s real and not staged. I’m usually cringing and only occasioanaly laughing at them. There’s nothing funny about watching somebody getting seriously injured.

You are right and it isn’t something we should poke fun at but rather learn at. Watching these will forever engrained in your mind that safety shouldn’t be taken lightly. Lets say we don’t post it, how can we learn from mistakes others make. I rather learn from everyone else’s mistakes than learning them first hand by myself.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

You are right and it isn’t something we should poke fun at but rather learn at. Watching these will forever engrained in your mind that safety shouldn’t be taken lightly. Lets say we don’t post it, how can we learn from mistakes others make. I rather learn from everyone else’s mistakes than learning them first hand by myself.

I remember back in the day (30+ years ago) When I worked for Kodak Canada, they made us watch some pretty gruesome forklift accidents as part of the training before we even got to ride one of them.

— Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4x5aH65qffU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”578″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

That guy was painful to watch.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4x5aH65qffU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

thats a pretty good video, i haven’t seen that one before. Too bad it is a little dry lol, need some video demonstration of what not to do.

Doobie

I remember back in the day (30+ years ago) When I worked for Kodak Canada, they made us watch some pretty gruesome forklift accidents as part of the training before we even got to ride one of them.

I recall every year in high school shop class having to watch similar types of gruesome videos. In that context, they serve a purpose.

But most of the time we just look at them for gawking purposes. No different than rubber necking driving by an accident to the side of the road. I’ve always found that to be sick. Unless you are looking to see if someone needs assistance because there is no EMS people there yet, just keep your eyes on the road and stop oogling another persons peril. I’ve always imagined that if it was me in their place, I wouldn’t want others staring at me for their cheap thrill of the day for their otherwise mundane lives. It’s perverse AFAIC.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 910 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 4.121 seconds