dcsimg

PSA

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 910 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQd_UDBp8nA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I didn’t think everything had asbestos, makes me fear my house.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQd_UDBp8nA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@r-ice,
    Usually the construction materials from the 70’s to early 80’s would have asbestos. If built before or after good chance it does not contain any.

I remember emptying a home for demo back in the early 90’s and found a bag of asbestos powder that was used to mix in with plaster. That went right into a plastic bag and off to hazardous waste.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQd_UDBp8nA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@r-ice,
    Usually the construction materials from the 70’s to early 80’s would have asbestos. If built before or after good chance it does not contain any.

I remember emptying a home for demo back in the early 90’s and found a bag of asbestos powder that was used to mix in with plaster. That went right into a plastic bag and off to hazardous waste.

whew, so when I next look for a house, make sure you come along and point out if there is asbestos, if there is.. I don’t want it lol.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Funny how it talked about falling used to be seen as unfortunately accident. I’m always amazed by how the skyscraper builders who just walk on I-beam without any sort of safety line, or sit on tip to have lunch. Don’t think I have the stomach for that.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ask if you don’t know how to use a machine.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

— Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

— Glenn Botting

@58Chev, thanks for posting some good informative videos Frank.
    Pretty sad the outcome of the last one,

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58Chev, thanks for posting some good informative videos Frank.

@Boschmanbrian
    Some thing like that is sad to see but as a home owner and someone who has fell a few trees, WOW we don’t know any better.
    Helped my neighbour a few years ago fell a dozen or so 30+ foot cedars. We had ropes coming out the wazoo pulling and directing where those trees were to fall.
    I think this PSA thread is great for information on a lot of the construction/workforce subjects.

— Glenn Botting

@Boschmanbrian,
    Some thing like that is sad to see but as a home owner and someone who has fell a few trees, WOW we don’t know any better.
    Helped my neighbour a few years ago fell a dozen or so 30+ foot cedars. We had ropes coming out the wazoo pulling and directing where those trees were to fall.
    I think this PSA thread is great for information on a lot of the construction/workforce subjects.

I’m with you 110 percent Frank, thanks again, it’s nice to look at some of the videos, just for a refresher, and even a eye opener, a couple i picked up some great information on.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Boschmanbrian,

as a person who doesn’t have any formal training, this really helps and I get most of my knowledge from you hahaha.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

as a person who doesn’t have any formal training, this really helps and I get most of my knowledge from you hahaha.

@r-ice

What’s that saying??
    You learn by your mistakes.. LOL

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Loki the supervisor, hehehe.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i love the effort in this one using action figures

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Love the super mario cartoon and sound effect.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

How not to test your lanyard.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Love the super mario cartoon and sound effect.

lol it is probably to make sure to get the kids interested in and help them remember to think, what would mario do hahaha.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 910 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.473 seconds