dcsimg

Proxxon 28359 Holder for Bits and Cutters review

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

A few days ago I received my Proxxon 28359 Holder for Bits and Cutters from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DXKFRG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Tried fitting bits into the blocks and they aren’t to my expectations. Amazon lists the block to fit 3/32″ and 1/8″ bits but when fitting the 1/8″ bits into the larger hole, the bits float around a lot and if you flip the block upside down the bits will fall out. The smaller holes don’t fit the 1/8″ bits.

After noticing this I looked at the packaging the diameters listed are 2.8 and 4 mm. This information is not listed on the Amazon website

Converting 1/8″ to millimeters show it at 3.175mm. That is the reason why the bits are so loose.

Just a heads up to those who are looking at buying this product.

I’m going to open up the smaller holes so the 1/8″ shanks will be snug.

Other than that the quality is good. If you are using on a workbench, the loose fit may be good since you can use the block as a stand to grab bits easier. But, since I’m going to use it in my i-Boxx I want the bits to stay when transporting the box.

Just some information to those who may consider this product.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Good information to know. I hate when things are just a little bit different than advertised. Turns out that little bit makes the difference between exceptional and unusuable.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am surprised that the advertise it for 1/8″ bits when it is actually 2.8 mm. SaE and Metric just don’t mix.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am surprised that the advertise it for 1/8″ bits when it is actually 2.8 mm. SaE and Metric just don’t mix.

Isn’t it always like this hen you buy american vs European?

Isn’t it always like this hen you buy american vs European?

Sometimes, but usually they put a correct representation of the size on the description.

If I had seen the the correct sizing or even the metric size I would have converted and then made up my mind to purchase or not.

I like the holder even if it is not totally correct. I can drill out the holes so they are snug on the 1/8″ shanks and even as a stand it will serve a function.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry that they didn’t work out as well as they should have for you. Nice of you to take the time to put those remarks in your review on Amazon, to help others.

Sorry to see that they didn’t work out as well as they should have for you.

I’m still going to keep them. I’m going to try and open it just a little bit more so the bit shanks will be snug. I hope it works.

sergey061478
    Blocked

A few days ago I received my Proxxon 28359 Holder for Bits and Cutters from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DXKFRG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Tried fitting bits into the blocks and they aren’t to my expectations. Amazon lists the block to fit 3/32″ and 1/8″ bits but when fitting the 1/8″ bits into the larger hole, the bits float around a lot and if you flip the block upside down the bits will fall out. The smaller holes don’t fit the 1/8″ bits.

After noticing this I looked at the packaging the diameters listed are 2.8 and 4 mm. This information is not listed on the Amazon website

Converting 1/8″ to millimeters show it at 3.175mm. That is the reason why the bits are so loose.

Just a heads up to those who are looking at buying this product.

I’m going to open up the smaller holes so the 1/8″ shanks will be snug.

Other than that the quality is good. If you are using on a workbench, the loose fit may be good since you can use the block as a stand to grab bits easier. But, since I’m going to use it in my i-Boxx I want the bits to stay when transporting the box.

Just some information to those who may consider this product.

I just took a piece of 2×4 and drilled holes in it. Each bit fits well since i used it to drill its own hole. Similar to the picture below. And it was pretty much free.

Attachments:

I just took a piece of 2×4 and drilled holes in it. Each bit fits well since i used it to drill its own hole. Similar to the picture below. And it was pretty much free.

Awesome! I’d like to see what yours looks like. I don’t have a drill press and for me to do it free hand it won’t be as nice as the internet pic you posted.

The other thing I have is a lot of moisture where I live. The bits would start rusting if I used wood.

Great idea though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.227 seconds