dcsimg

Protecting your Boots

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I’m a big fan of Bison wax/oil. Goes on a bit gummy, but really penetrates and offers excellent protection for a long time between redos.

I use red wing “naturseal” paste and apply it every 2 months. in between, I just try to keep them clean since drywall dust is rampant and really kills the leather.

woodman_412

I’ve still been using the “snow guard” wax on my boots. It does a good job protecting the leather but not making it too soft like some products will. I think the soles will wear out on my boots long before the leather will but I like to keep them protected anyway. I don’t treat them nearly as often this time of year as I do in the winter though.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The toes of my boots always wear out prematurely unless I put some kind d of extra protection on the toes. Just so ethics g extra I always do on top of so E kind of boot oil that I. Put on a few times a month.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The toes of my boots always wear out prematurely unless I put some kind d of extra protection on the toes. Just so ethics g extra I always do on top of so E kind of boot oil that I. Put on a few times a month.

lol just get steel toe and im pretty sure it won’t poke through, heh.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s one good thing about the Keen boots. They have the extra toe cap to keep them looking good.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

lol just get steel toe and im pretty sure it won’t poke through, heh.

No the steel toes are the worst the leather on top of the steel wears super quick then its not waterproof and stuff gets in it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s one good thing about the Keen boots. They have the extra toe cap to keep them looking good.

is it a toe cap on top of the steel toes. or is it a composite toe cap instead of steel toes, i haven’t bought keens steel toes.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No the steel toes are the worst the leather on top of the steel wears super quick then its not waterproof and stuff gets in it.

When I was still wearing my red wing boots I had a toe cap ripped open pretty big. Surprisingly they still never leaked. I’ll have to give my Keen boots some treatment soon, they are starting to get a little bit rough around the edges.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

is it a toe cap on top of the steel toes. or is it a composite toe cap instead of steel toes, i haven’t bought keens steel toes.

It’s the rubber toe cap helps protect the toe of the boot.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I’ve still been using the “snow guard” wax on my boots. It does a good job protecting the leather but not making it too soft like some products will. I think the soles will wear out on my boots long before the leather will but I like to keep them protected anyway. I don’t treat them nearly as often this time of year as I do in the winter though.

Did you do a review of the snow guard you use . I thought you did . What size jar does it come in .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.426 seconds