dcsimg

Pretty cool program

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I think a couple of the bad seeds could do it. Some get into it because they think its glamorous and all they see is cash and parties. Other see it as their only option. Probably not many, but I’m sure some. And if it helps even one of those kids, it’s worth it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the chance of some punk handing over their gun?

That’s what I’m thinking too, Highly doubtful.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It is an interesting concept, but I’m sceptical. I have some strong gun beliefs, that I won’t get into here becuase it would run this thread aground and become political in a heart beat. If it works for them and a kid or two get something out of it, then props.

Should just do the buy back . You can’t force anyone to do anything . They have to do it themselves.

Always willing to learn .

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Doesn’t work. Never will. I like the fact that its a training program over the free camera or ????

We need to help the kids. Fix poverty, fix hungry kids, fix our education system. It will take generations.

All the best.

I agree ! It seems to be getting much worse every year .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Three times I’ve typed something out and nothing is politically correct.

I don’t even try.

Doesn’t work. Never will. I like the fact that its a training program over the free camera or ????

We need to help the kids. Fix poverty, fix hungry kids, fix our education system. It will take generations.

All the best.

Thank You!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I keep hearing the word kid or kids in this thread?? I don’t think these are kids. The word kid stops at 18 years old.

Save it for the ?basment?(sp)!’ 😀

Whats basement??

Dirty

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I keep hearing the word kid or kids in this thread?? I don’t think these are kids. The word kid stops at 18 years old.

Save it for the ?basment?(sp)!’ :D

Whats basement??

18yo punk. Better? Lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No program no matter how well intentioned or how generously budgeted can over come the propensity of the poor to make poor life decisions. Although not fair it really is true the poor decisions one makes while young do come back to haunt you. Society as a whole should not be on the hook to bail out others poor decisions. It’s not a safety net if you never tried climbing the ladder in the first place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kzcarp
    Pro

Three times I’ve typed something out and nothing is politically correct.

I don’t even try.

All the best.

Thank You!

No program no matter how well intentioned or how generously budgeted can over come the propensity of the poor to make poor life decisions. Although not fair it really is true the poor decisions one makes while young do come back to haunt you. Society as a whole should not be on the hook to bail out others poor decisions. It’s not a safety net if you never tried climbing the ladder in the first place.

Where are you even supposed to start, if even it’s anyone’s responsibility to get “these people” into a better situation?
    All I know is that I, like most of you get up in the morning and go to work, that’s all I know how to do, thanks to an amazing example set by my parents and grandparents.

Can we get back to questions that have easy answers, like 15# felt or house wrap ?

kevin

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

All I know is that I, like most of you get up in the morning and go to work, that’s all I know how to do, thanks to an amazing example set by my parents and grandparents.

Can we get back to questions that have easy answers, like 15# felt or house wrap ?

kevin

I agree with this, I don’t get along with my half of my family, but one thing that I learned at a young age is that if you work hard, that is all that matters. I have always said that it doesn’t matter what I do as long as I work hard at it. And I have. It has put me where I am today, and I am happy as a whole because of it. To many people just want hand outs and to blame everyone else. You can’t put blame if you are not trying to do anything yourself.

I had a worker a while back that didn’t take any responsibility for anything. Kept complaining about everything. How poor he was, how far he had to drive to work, how the system was so unfair. He knew where he was going to be working, same place every day. Had two 40k cars, and wondered why he was broke. I pulled him aside and gave it too him, when I was done, he had nothing else to say. I better stop before I start ranting again.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Where are you even supposed to start, if even it’s anyone’s responsibility to get “these people” into a better situation?

I live where there are a ton of immigrants. They as a whole work super hard and prosper. It’s almost always the white American you see begging for money on the street.
    I never went through a program I just went to work. Like Sven said all you have to do is work.
    So they will learn to weld from a union or something?? The union will use it for a wrightoff, some guns will get turned in it sounds like a win win to me.
    I hope someone fallows this and reports how many guns are turned in and how many go through the program.
    In closing I’d like to say it’s too bad you have to be a gun holding punk to get into the program.

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think any program aimed at helping people is a noble cause. Maybe you don’t always get the results you want, but you’ll inevitably find that someone’s life has been changed for the good and that makes it worth it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad to see they are helping and cleaning up the community.

Wonder what the update of this program is and how it’s doing .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Havent heard any news on it…

KenW
    Pro

Tried to google it.. but nothing new. Wonder if it worked.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.420 seconds