dcsimg

Pretty cool program

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

http://m.wpxi.com/news/news/local/guns-opportunity-boilermakers-union-offering-weldi/nj9S2/

The local boilermakers union here is offering free arc welding courses and drug treatment for people who trade in guns in high crime areas. Intersting solution, I’m curious to see how it plays out.

Wow that’s great for someone . Free trade training and help people off drugs . Is it that bad in those county’s that they are doing that program.

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

That is a pretty cool program – hopefully it helps some kids straighten their lives out.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Three times I’ve typed something out and nothing is politically correct.

staker
    Pro

I think more of that kind of training is needed to help steer people in the right direction.

Not sure how it will work, hopefully turn out well and help a few folks. Nomatter what, at least they are trying something

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

nice, need more welders out there. Dont think many of them will stick with it but if it gets a few guns from those that shouldnt have them im ok with it

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah, I’m pretty interested in seeing how it plays out. The neighborhood the first collection is in is really bad. It used to be a booming steel town back in the day, but now it’s pretty derelict. It still has one of the last remaining mills in the area though.

At least they’re trying though, I’m sure it won’t make a big effect, but it could help a few people, and that would be worth it. Maybe if it succeeds, others will try it too.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is a great concept and I hope it works. Business around here is in need of welders. If it gets people to work, that would be great.

Rather interesting program! Hopefully it goes well for them.

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Doesn’t work. Never will. I like the fact that its a training program over the free camera or ????

We need to help the kids. Fix poverty, fix hungry kids, fix our education system. It will take generations.

All the best.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

There’s many things people can take away from you. Earned Skills and education are not one of them. Sounds like a good start for those that take advantage of it.

A Working Pro since 2004

KenW
    Pro

I hope the plan works even for one kid. Life is difficult enough without all the problems these kids face.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Yeah, I would agree if guns are the cause of high crime, but they’re not.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What’s the chance of some punk handing over their gun?

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Save it for the basment!’ 😀

It would be nice to see them just offer the free training course without the gun trade in. I wonder if they are reselling them to pay for the courses.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Save it for the basment!’ :D

It would be nice to see them just offer the free training course without the gun trade in. I wonder if they are reselling them to pay for the courses.

Reselling them? That sounds a bit crazy. Has anyone at all handed in a gun for the course?

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

The first hand is scheduled to start soon.

They’ve done them in my neighborhood and just give people a gift card. People do it. They got quite a bit last time. I ways debate standing outside with my checkbook in case someone comes by with something I want.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

My brother is a cop in Youngstown, Ohio, they occasionally have the buy a gun program. He said it is mostly a dumping ground for stolen guns and guns used in crimes because it is all anonymous…

Regardless of the reason behind it, whether it actually works, etc…if it helps out one kid it is worth it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My brother is a cop in Youngstown, Ohio, they occasionally have the buy a gun program. He said it is mostly a dumping ground for stolen guns and guns used in crimes because it is all anonymous…

Regardless of the reason behind it, whether it actually works, etc…if it helps out one kid it is worth it.

That’s right. I can only hope it helps a kid stay out of trouble. The thugs are not giving up any of there guns.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.783 seconds