dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Well maybe not I just quoted a post in the thread about the newspapers being stuffed in the washroom , I quoted a post that you answered from Miamicuse , it never showed up

As far as I know the webmaster hasn’t worked any further on the post disappearing issue since I fed her back more findings late yesterday.

the only issues I am still having is the text while using my phone , I’ll take a look at my settings to see if it can be changed ,

Have you tried clearing your cache?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Most things look to be running smooth this morning. Thinking the key master has gotten most of the big problems fixed.

Just hope it doesn’t get messed up again!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Posts that I quote still don’t show up

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@dirtywhiteboy @sprokitz It’s messed up again

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Testing.
    Looks like it’s still working good for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

When I use the “quote” tab, the post disappears.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

When I use the “quote” tab, the post disappears.

Funny it’s hit or miss for me , we’ll see if this one works

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Sprokitz wrote:

Testing.
    Looks like it’s still working good for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TEST 2nd try

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OK this is really strange.

I made a simple post and it got posted.

Then I made an edit to include some quotes, as soon as I submit the edit, the entire post disappeared and it logged me out too.

Doobie

OK this is really strange.

I made a simple post and it got posted.

Then I made an edit to include some quotes, as soon as I submit the edit, the entire post disappeared and it logged me out too.

This condition is known and has been relayed to the webmaster.

She is still to work further on post disappearing issues, but let me know of anything else that seems weird in that regard that has not already been mentioned with posts disappearing or anything else since the the big forum software update from a week and a half ago.

She did mention that one of the big problems is how old this forum’s structure is getting and each time there is a major upgrade it gets progressively worse with the forum remaining stable afterwards without the need for a whole bunch of tweaks and whatnot to get it operating properly again. This last one was huge per her description of its impact on this forum.

CB
    Pro

test post (since the last two posts were blocked)

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Okay so I just quoted JimDaddyO in the what did you do in the shop today , and also responded to smallerstick , looks like it isn’t there , but I received the points. , Hopefully it will show up eventually.

Actually I don’t even know if the points were removed after 🤔🤷

Doobie

Okay so I just quoted JimDaddyO in the what did you do in the shop today , and also responded to smallerstick , looks like it isn’t there , but I received the points. , Hopefully it will show up eventually.

Actually I don’t even know if the points were removed after 🤔🤷

You should be able to tell by seeing how your recent points match up against your activity tab in your profile. As far as I know, the posts that are not showing up are still getting points since the points mechanism is now working again.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This condition is known and has been relayed to the webmaster.

She is still to work further on post disappearing issues, but let me know of anything else that seems weird in that regard that has not already been mentioned with posts disappearing or anything else since the the big forum software update from a week and a half ago.

Thanks doobie, the only thing is it seems impossible to isolate patterns when posts would disappear.

At first it seems quoting someone who cause issues, well that seems to be the case MOST of the time but I am able to quote this one but another one would disappear.

It also seems that when linking an image, or attaching an image would cause issues, which is true, but then suddenly one image was posted but nothing else would.

It seems totally intermittent.

Another issue is posting on the phone using the mobile skin, the post dialog would “widen” as your typing gets longer. When it reaches the right side of the screen, instead of wrapping to the next line, it widens further and further as you type, except you can’t see what you are typing. Now if you then rotate the screen to landscape mode you see more.

Some time after a post is swallowed the system logs me out totally, giving me an error saying “you must be logged in to post”.

@Doobie I don’t know , I think it’s not there
    I took a screenshot of the activity log , plus I think at first they counted the points , but I think they were removed.
    The points are not a big deal , it’s more the fact that it seems like it has not been fully repaired

Doobie

it’s more the fact that it seems like it has not been fully repaired

I know it hasn’t been repaired. I just sent a reminder to the webmaster tonite saying the post disappearing issue is widespread and still needs to be resolved. She got a bunch of fixes done yesterday, but she had only started to look at the disppearing posts issue from what I gather.

Doobie

You should be able to tell by seeing how your recent points match up against your activity tab in your profile. As far as I know, the posts that are not showing up are still getting points since the points mechanism is now working again.

@Doobie I don’t know , I think it’s not there
    I took a screenshot of the activity log , plus I think at first they counted the points , but I think they were removed.
    The points are not a big deal , it’s more the fact that it seems like it has not been fully repaired

I’m thinking you didn’t understand what I meant.

I just looked at what posts show up in your activity log in your profile that got time stamped the 25th of November. You have 5 of them.

Now go look at your Recent Points tab and on the 25th you have 6 post points. There’s one that is hidden somewhere, but you got the points for it.

Here we go again , I just quoted you on the above post , and it didn’t work
    I don’t think I understand what you mean. I did look at the activity log , but I don’t see any place where I can find the date , just the hours. But yeah in the points log it definitely is showing the dates.
    Unless I am looking at the wrong area ?

Doobie

I don’t think I understand what you mean. I did look at the activity log , but I don’t see any place where I can find the date , just the hours.

I simply opened each one til I got to one that was not today or the 24th date stamped. Counted 5 only for the 25th.

Here we go again , I just quoted you on the above post , and it didn’t work

And this may go on for a while. The webmaster replied overnite that she is swamped this week dealing with things related to websites and all the retail activity going on this week related to Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the US. We may not get this fixed til maybe next week.

What about the front page of BTP , it doesn’t look like it gets some of the updates regularly it seems like it’s been fixed on this layout since the update
    Doesn’t look like the get the latest threads rotating.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.657 seconds