dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 390 total)
  • Author
    BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

Testing.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Testing.

I can see it out in the middle of the Pacific.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

@bethepro @btp2012
    There is no longer a site compatibility with the Tapatalk app anymore.
    When I try to login it refuses with a “Network Error” prompt.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For me the site is working on the laptop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Testing

I can see these 3 testing posts
    Or are you testing something else ?

Oh and I just went to check on the points , and Yes I was credited with the typical points for this post , thanks for the fixes

Doobie

Please don’t tag the Key/Webmaster directly. She likely won’t see it.

@bethepro @btp2012

I’ll mention the Tapatalk issue to her.

Just so everybody knows. She’s been working on it since yesterday and there are still issues to fix.

Her main question right now is about disappearing posts. Is this still happening? And if it is, please describe in detail what is happening.

Check to see if it isn’t this scenario I described earlier this week.

Have had multiple posts go to spam I’m thinking.

Check to see if it isn’t actually one of those ones where if you scroll down the thread page after hitting the submit button and you think your post never posted and just got trashed that it doesn’t say something worded in red just above the window we type in ‘Are you sure you want to post/say that?’

I saw that happen to me two days ago.

If you hit your back button, you should see all your typed comments again in the typing window, from there hit submit a second time it’ll post. That’s how I tricked it.

But it’s definitely a problem if that’s what happened.

If there is no aforementioned red message as described, it’s likely a built-in anti- spam issue that suddenly got too sensitive since the upgrade.

That’s what was somewhat similarly happening to me when I started this thread a long time ago, but it was only happening to me at that time. This time, I think it may have just gone off like that on everybody since this week’s forum software upgrade.

The webmaster says it doesn’t look like a spam related issue, but she needs more feedback if this is still happening.

Timestamp issue: It is fixed for the Forum Topics page. But your own times in your Activity or Recent Points tabs in your personal profiles may seem oddly timed. This will likely not change as the priority would be to showing the correct time in the thread listings and on individual posts themselves which will be set to Chicago time.

EDIT: What about on your phones for those who use phones?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Timestamps looks good.
    So far.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like points are back.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Yes, thanks for making things work correctly again! It just threw everyone off because you didn’t really know what was what.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Her main question right now is about disappearing posts. Is this still happening? And if it is, please describe in detail what is happening.

It’s happening to my posts when I quote someones post that has another quote in it. (two or more quotes) The post just doesn’t show. Even get points for it. I can hit back and see the post I created.

Ron

Doobie

It’s happening to my posts when I quote someones post that has another quote in it. (two or more quotes) The post just doesn’t show. Even get points for it. I can hit back and see the post I created.

Kinda like what I’m doing here in quoting yours?

Doobie

I’ll mention the Tapatalk issue to her.

I mentioned this about Tapatalk and she didn’t seem to be too familiar with Tapatalk. I know from past work on another forum that whether a site wants to make their site more amenable for Tapatalk requires some back room work, which I don’t think Jim ever did warrant to do based on the webmasters reply to me on this issue and also in having been able to look all over the admin site for different things since I got access I’ve never once seen anything related to Tapatalk, so I think you’re on your own when it comes to Tapatalk difficulties.

But this may be solveable. Not just for Tapatalk, but for anybody else having phone issues since the upgrade last week. CLEAR YOUR PHONE’S CACHE. That was the first thing the webmaster suggested after trying out the site on some I Phones and Androids she has where she said the site works fine for her on them.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Something like that.
    I quoted yours and Ron’s and it didn’t post it.

Doobie

Kinda like what I’m doing here in quoting yours?

Something like that.

Hmmmm. Just worked fine for me. But lemme try something else.

Something like that.

Yup that’s been happening for me for the last few days

But since early this morning looks like it’s okay

Doobie

But lemme try something else.

Yes, there is a problem.

So I reported back to the webmaster what I just did an experiment on myself where the multi-quoted post went to trash and also reported that I know that at least @ronW and @sorpa are experiencing this as well.

She had said that @Boschmanbrian had one in Spam, but it was ancient.

We’ll let her do her work and she’ll get back to me and I’ll let all know what is going on/being done.

Looks like it’s still problematic I responded to this resent post of @Doobie looks like it didn’t go through, even posted pictures of the screenshot from what did you do in the shop today , but both times looks like it didn’t go through ??

Edit I think I got credit for the posts that we cannot see ?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I just had happen too me. It gave me points for a post.Then within seconds removed them with the post. As far as I know this was the first time.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Most things look to be running smooth this morning. Thinking the key master has gotten most of the big problems fixed.

Ron

Most things look to be running smooth this morning. Thinking the key master has gotten most of the big problems fixed.

Yes it does look like it , the only issues I am still having is the text while using my phone , I’ll take a look at my settings to see if it can be changed ,

Well maybe not I just quoted a post in the thread about the newspapers being stuffed in the washroom , I quoted a post that you answered from Miamicuse , it never showed up 🤔

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 390 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.665 seconds