dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Last post went to spam I’m gonna guess. Always worse when quoting a post.
    The trash button i see is only on my posts. But is on everyone of them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ok @Doobie. I did the test on trash and the test post is gone.

Ron

Doobie

We now have a trash button on our own posts.

Is it on all your own posts only?

What happens when you hit it?

Do a test in this thread @ronw of that. I wanna see if it shows up as hidden if it does trash it.

Ok. I see it on every post I have made.
    Going to trash this one

It did go to trash, but I can pull it up to see it.

OK. That answers that.

Not sure if that’s such a bad thing though. One posts something they wanna delete afterwards, they can just do it themselves now.

How far back does it stay active for trashing though?

@ronw
    , another favor. Go back into your activity/older posts, and see how far back you still see that trash button available. See if it stops appearing in older posts like the edit button disappears after a few days please.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I found one back to 10/26
    And another even older.
    Now I think it’s on all but tread start up posts.

Ron

Doobie

I found one back to 10/26

Thanks Ron. Now I’m not so crazy about it. We had this ability suddenly on another forum I used to mod on by intent initially many years ago. Problem was, it lent itself to all sorts of abuse and had to be kiboshed down to a period of days.

Doobie

Re-posting. Page flipped, don’t want people to miss this.

OLD Thread Being Used For Recent Issues RE: Posts Disappearing.

There was a major software upgrade that happened sometime on the 12th of November or shortly thereafter automatically on this forum.

From what I can tell, posts seem to disappear and also their time stamping are out of whack.

The time stamp in our own profile’s section of Activity or Recent Points are all timed correctly to Chicago time, but the Forum Topics thread listing shows them as being posted 5 hours ago even though they were just posted seconds/minutes prior.

There’s also what seems to be ‘greying’ of thread titles that are closed threads whereas before we used to see the word CLOSED in red type in brackets tied to the closed thread title.

What else are you all experiencing in the last few days that’s suddenly different?

Once I get more feedback, I’ll list it all and send off to the webmaster for potential fixes. Screenshots may be helpful in some cases rather than just worded explanations.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I went a long ways back and looks like the trash button goes all the way back to my second post.

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Noticed this morning no points being added for posts. Kinda strange.
    And in my point history it shows. “No log entries found”

Ron

I just went back to check , I only made 1 post here this morning , and your right Ron , no points for the post.

Guess they are still tweaking the site.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

This site is terrible in general. I stopped coming because I could open the server too often. I would click my bookmark to come here and then it failed.

It doesnt zoom in to read from the phone. I posted several things in the tool thread which it never gets posted but says I made duplicate posts.

So I dont know…..happening again this morning

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

yes seems like posts are being swallowed especially if it include images whether embedded links or attachments. Remove the images then it posts. The point system is also frozen.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Also my viewing screen is cutoff, margin wise. I can only see parts of posts.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Also my viewing screen is cutoff, margin wise. I can only see parts of posts.

Similar with me , when I’m using my phone upright , it’s weird , but when I rotate my phone sideways seams okay ?

Doobie

I’m seeing that too.

Gonna get an email together for the webmaster.

Doobie

OK, looks like the 25 points for daily login in is working. But the normal post one isn’t.

Aye yai yai!

Doobie

Test 4

Doobie

I tried to fix the points problem on my own just now, but it doesn’t seem to want to fix itself. Hard to explain.

Like I said last nite, there was a main forum software update that happened a few days ago, but I also see stuff that says there are updates for certain add-ons to the software waiting for approval to be clicked on, of which one of them may in fact be the add-on that doles out the points. I don’t want to click on that stuff, so I’m sending off an email to the webmaster. This may not get fixed til tomorrow, but she’s pretty good with fixing things like this pretty quick.

I tried to fix the points problem on my own just now, but it doesn’t seem to want to fix itself. Hard to explain.

Like I said last nite, there was a main forum software update that happened a few days ago, but I also see stuff that says there are updates for certain add-ons to the software waiting for approval to be clicked on, of which one of them may in fact be the add-on that doles out the points. I don’t want to click on that stuff, so I’m sending off an email to the webmaster. This may not get fixed til tomorrow, but she’s pretty good with fixing things like this pretty quick.

When I click on the link for my dashboard , I get a message saying almost finished with the update , to finish click here , but when I try , I get a message saying I don’t have permission to do this ?? Dashboard top left corner looks like a speedometer

Doobie

When I click on the link for my dashboard , I get a message saying almost finished with the update , to finish click here , but when I try , I get a message saying I don’t have permission to do this ?? Dashboard top left corner looks like a speedometer

I’ve seen that since last nite too, but I don’t want to click on it myself. I’ve noted that in my email to the webmaster I just sent along with the add-ons show they have updates waiting to be installed.

I responded this time but with out pictures , and it’s still not working

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 419 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.444 seconds